Anyone here an expert on (preferably U.S.) Army surplus?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2010, 7:47 am

If so, I need help finding a Coyote Molle backpack that is as authentic as possible.
The internet is overflowing with "fake" army surplus....trying to pass for real....
I ordered a backpack for my friend who is obsessed with Coyote.....

It turned out to be a horrible shoddy disaster of a backpack.....

I have got to find a real one, or he will never let me forget it.

Is there anyone who could point me in the right direction?

wigglyspider
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2010, 10:36 am

Are there any actual army surplus stores in your area? There's one near me and it all seems to be authentic stuff..

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2010, 11:43 am

I don't know anything about these backpacks, but if it's still current issue, you may be able to find one at an off- base military military uniform store. These are usually located next to a military base and they sell current issue gear as well as upgrades. Considering the fact that they are off-base, I would assume that you wouldn't need a Military Issue ID, though if you had a Military Issue ID, you would probably be eligible for a discount on one.

Generally speaking though, the way to tell if it's a copy is to look for the place of manufacture. --If it's made in China, Pakistan, or someplace like that, it's going to be a fake.