Yes 60%  60%  [ 3 ]
No 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
2245.2/0 !? 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 5

KingofKaboom
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2010, 12:25 am

When you look at the right hand upper side of your page it has sponsored links from lots of different things like sitcoms to Gatorade. Now what I wanna know is how many of you do what I do and click the little [x] on the ad and always label it offensive? I do it every time and I'm wondering if it actually does anything at all or if it's just something they put in as an option for no reason, I would like to let them know that I find all ads on my homepage offensive though lol.

iquanyin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Feb 2010, 10:19 pm

at first, i just said irrelevant or whatever (because none of them actually offended me, just annoy me). then it hit me that facebook doesn't want to alienate users, and perhaps if i chose offensive, it automatically won't show again.

it seemed to be working. i'm not sure, tho, because i switched to google chrome browser and installed the "alwittizer" extension to improve facebook (i love it!) and one thing it does it eliminate those ads. thank god.

Prosser
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2010, 10:35 pm

Getting rid of an ad will just prompt facebook to replace it with another one. You may as well just try to ignore them.

Mind you, I don't usually get ad's. I just get this "thank you"message from fb where the ad's usually are. 8)

iquanyin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Feb 2010, 2:39 am

:lol:

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2010, 9:57 am

I only worked out I could do that yesterday! They put a Tesco ad featuring a big chunk of meat on it and I am vegetarian. I don't go slapping pictures of Veggie patties all over people's facebook page so why should I have to look at that!? Oh well. It's gone now! I bet it will come back though!