Where did you get your username from?

Page 5 of 8 [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2010, 11:59 pm

Captain Trips 222

Ever heard of Stephen King's THE STAND? There's this virus with a 99.9% mortality rate called captain trips. 222 is sort of a lucky number for me.

RhettOracle
Toucan
Toucan

16 Feb 2010, 12:03 am

Captain Trips was also the nickname of Jerry Garcia of The Grateful Dead, for the obvious reason. I suspect that's where Stephen King learned of it.

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2010, 1:12 am

RhettOracle wrote:
Captain Trips was also the nickname of Jerry Garcia of The Grateful Dead, for the obvious reason. I suspect that's where Stephen King learned of it.

Bad ass... I didn't know that. THanks.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2010, 1:21 am

from watching one of johnny carson's characters on the tonight show decades ago.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2010, 4:32 pm

My favorite Super Smash Bros. Brawl character is Meta Knight, but "Meta Knight" doesn't make a good nickname. "Darth Meta Knight" does.

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2010, 3:53 pm

I was a punk as a teenager. I was basicaly a goodie-goodie if I did not feel slighted by someone, I just didn't care if people thought I was weird and dressed however I pleased. I didn't follow trends and wasn't worried about being popular. Meerkats are my special intrest.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2010, 4:53 pm

Well, I've always was told I came from another planet...so, to save face, my reply was "At least I'm in the right @#$%&! galaxy!! !! :x

Noah_Antrim_Lottick
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Feb 2010, 5:09 pm

I am pretty gullible, and I don't like to diappoint people. I feel sorry for anyone even more naive than I am.

Noah Lottick was one such person. He joined and moved in with the cult of Scientology in Clearwater Florida. When they bullied him to donate more money, he did. When they told him it still wasn't enough, he jumped off a tall building (I think Scientology's Fort Harrison Hotel, critics sometimes call it the Fort Homocide) clutching all the remaining money he had on this earth -- about $117 if I remember correctly. His parents sued, but of course that didn't bring him back to life.

Rest in peace, Noah. We miss the great person you would have been and the accomplishments you would have made.

Last edited by Noah_Antrim_Lottick on 23 Feb 2010, 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2010, 6:42 pm

RightGalaxy wrote:
Well, I've always was told I came from another planet...so, to save face, my reply was "At least I'm in the right @#$%&! galaxy!! !! :x
HAHAHAH I like that!

As in my case, it's pretty obvious. I like math. I am a logical thinker, so it comes easy to me once I grasp the concepts, which might take a while to process. Math is not my obsession, though; it's just my favourite subject at school.

Likely ADHD instead of what I've been diagnosed with before.

aspiegirl2
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2010, 8:48 pm

I just thought that the name "aspiegirl" was cool, as I'm an aspie, and I was a girl (but now am a woman, as I've grown up). I attached the 2 because I somehow messed up in trying to establish an account, and it wouldn't let me use aspiegirl. So, consequently, I resorted to using aspiegirl2 instead.

I'm 24 years old and live in WA State. I was diagnosed with Asperger's at 9. I received a BS in Psychology in 2011 and I intend to help people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, either through research, application, or both. On the ?Pursuit of Aspieness?.

mysassyself
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2010, 5:57 am

I thought that Wrong Planet was possibly going to be a place I where I finally got to be totally honest. I chose mysassyself, as I thought it was going to give me courage :D

A Thursday child ..

genly
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Feb 2010, 7:49 am

From the lead character of a science fiction book.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2010, 1:58 pm

mysassyself wrote:
I thought that Wrong Planet was possibly going to be a place I where I finally got to be totally honest. I chose mysassyself, as I thought it was going to give me courage :D

only problem with your poll from my POV was that the choices you offered all required well above-average intelligence. if you had included some average schlub choices i [and the other average schlubs] then could have participated.
as for your name, it gives you a brave handle but also might intimidate some of the more retiring folk on this forum. just a thought.
cheers:+)

bknhnd
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

22 Feb 2010, 2:35 pm

Bknhnd-
Book-In-Hand (without vowels)
I'm always reading.

Adventus
Toucan
Toucan

22 Feb 2010, 3:32 pm

It is the name of one of my favorite RolePlaying game chracters. He is a striong man who happens to be Adamantium

roygerdodger
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2010, 4:33 pm

Since my name is Royger, I thought I use the nickname "Roger Dodger".