Which WP members would you wish to meet?

Page 113 of 120 [ 1913 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116 ... 120  Next

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2012, 6:38 pm

^^^

when you say " fascinating' interests what am I supposed to talk to you about? beer and and the affects it had on our civilisation , yes beer civilised the world :) it made us smarter ! (despite what the Mla aka Meat and Livestock Australia says in their adverts)

Though you'd never guess by all the lager louts that drunkenly spill out of bars at 2 am :wink:

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2012, 6:51 pm

Kjas wrote:
aussiebloke wrote:
artrat wrote:
I want to meet Aussiebloke because he is a realist and see's through Alex's harmful scam and autism talk TV.

Actually it's still on my mind, I don't see what the point of these meet ups are , at the risk of sounding disagreeable all i can imagine is it will be ovarian lottery winners talking down at you, ad nauseam telling you how wonderful they are. So what is the point of going to something that will remind you how worthless you are ?

Even worse I will have to do the impossible and try to make myslef remarkable since some one was asking the most popular member was "Scientist" with 8160 views aka a pretty girl with lots of education. (apparently these things are important to some one with an asd )

Are their any others with these thoughts (I'd seriously like to know) or have I go it all wrong ?

Honestly, I would just be interested to go once.

I've never really met another aspie except for my old next door neighbour. It would be interesting to watch a group of them interact with each other. I would just go for curiousity's sake.

Plus, I like learning about other peoples interests, and some of the people on this site have some fascinating ones. Gives them an opportunity to talk about something they're comfortable with and gives me an opportunity to listen and learn.

I am honestly confused about these supposed "remarkable" people are? People are just people.
Being pretty comes with just as many negatives as it does positives, just like any other trait (intelligence, age, pragmatic, kindness).

Thats how I feel about sex just once !

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2012, 3:04 am

^^^
:lmao:

You're on a roll today!

Beer can be fascinating... not sure how much more intelligent it renders you, but it's still interesting, particularly the process itself.
I used to enjoy beer very much once upon a time...

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2012, 6:23 am

Kjas wrote:
^^^
:lmao:

You're on a roll today!

Beer can be fascinating... not sure how much more intelligent it renders you, but it's still interesting, particularly the process itself.
I used to enjoy beer very much once upon a time...

Alcohol kills brain cells- but only the slow ones. Thus you get smarter by drinking ;)

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2012, 6:32 am

Vigilans wrote:
Alcohol kills brain cells- but only the slow ones. Thus you get smarter by drinking ;)

I know - I tried to make myself dumber by drinking. All it did was backfire on me. As I'm sure you would also know from personal experience... :razz:'

(note to others: this is me making fun of myself and the absurdity of IQ tests, nothing else)

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 6:35 pm

Kjas wrote:
Vigilans wrote:

I know - I tried to make myself dumber by drinking. All it did was backfire on me. As I'm sure you would also know from personal experience... :razz:'

(note to others: this is me making fun of myself and the absurdity of IQ tests, nothing else)

Just drink lager if you want to become dumber , have you smelt lager breath or god forbid lager flatulence? :eew:

I did say and I stand by it if it hadn't been for ale the English would not have given us the industrial revolution , what went wrong in Britain well in the 90's they elected that "used car sales person" the Blaire ri$ch project " with his flashy slogans such as "cool Britannia" how much did the government department spend on that useless slogan? They also started to drinker lager and latte (the devils drink) Holiday on the continent by pretending to be European and in the process over inflating properties in Southern Europe. :twisted: (and look whats happening their )

If Britain want to get out of the mess that their in they should stick to what they do best ie be British ! Cucumber sandwich's , affordable sports cars that wont start on a cold morning, builders tea, and ale real ale with the sediment in it, preferably brown (it looks like ox tail soup) my current home-brew is like this and tastes just like Lindt 70% ! :D

Sorry I'm getting carried away reading "Drink To Britian ' by James May (Top Gear) and that other guy whats his name , it was on the Abc recently , if you cant watch the series do borrow the book at the Brisbane City library very good read . :)

NorthPark
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 7:56 pm

I don't got anyone really.

If I had to pick though, I would nominate Dox

MBTI- ISTP

NorthPark
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 7:56 pm

Kjas wrote:
Vigilans wrote:

To bad I cant be smarter if I am under 21 :(

MBTI- ISTP

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 8:07 pm

^^^^

Well this I will never be able to understand, you can be killed for your country but you cant have a drink for your country.

I'm sure theirs a reason for these strange ideas probably the same ones why Americans like to over inflate their prison population ?

Don't know . :?

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

17 Jun 2012, 10:49 pm

Okay, I'll admit it. I'm dying to meet Sempy! :)

Sempiternal
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 10:57 pm

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:

:oops: Aw, thank you! :D

I would very much like to meet you too, along with a handful of other WPers (might be obvious who the others are). :chin:

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2012, 1:33 am

aussiebloke wrote:
Just drink lager if you want to become dumber , have you smelt lager breath or god forbid lager flatulence? :eew:

I did say and I stand by it if it hadn't been for ale the English would not have given us the industrial revolution , what went wrong in Britain well in the 90's they elected that "used car sales person" the Blaire ri$ch project " with his flashy slogans such as "cool Britannia" how much did the government department spend on that useless slogan? They also started to drinker lager and latte (the devils drink) Holiday on the continent by pretending to be European and in the process over inflating properties in Southern Europe. :twisted: (and look whats happening their )

If Britain want to get out of the mess that their in they should stick to what they do best ie be British ! Cucumber sandwich's , affordable sports cars that wont start on a cold morning, builders tea, and ale real ale with the sediment in it, preferably brown (it looks like ox tail soup) my current home-brew is like this and tastes just like Lindt 70% ! :D

Sorry I'm getting carried away reading "Drink To Britian ' by James May (Top Gear) and that other guy whats his name , it was on the Abc recently , if you cant watch the series do borrow the book at the Brisbane City library very good read . :)

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Oh you crack me up, especially the bolded bits. :lol:

I can't borrow from BCC library, I live too far away. I need to go in there more often though, they have all the best books! It's impossible even to get semi decent ones out here. Although I do love top gear and various related things - guess I could go in on my half free TAFE days. :chin:

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2012, 2:11 am

Apropos of nothing, I've been running an AS meetup for 4+ years now and have yet to see any sort of cliquishness or social dominance by attractive people, etc. The only real issue I've had to deal with that's even close is trying to make sure that AS women are comfortable in the group as it is so male heavy, and that has been tricky at times. I run my group as an open event without invitations or anything, just sign up online and show up or don't, and that seems to have worked out quite well over the years, with the group going from 2-3 people sitting around a table to 30+ showing up at individual meetings and a number of spinoff and satellite groups springing up to cater to people who want smaller events.

EnglishJess
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2012, 11:23 am

Sempiternal wrote:
MakaylaTheAspie wrote:

:oops: Aw, thank you! :D

I would very much like to meet you too, along with a handful of other WPers (might be obvious who the others are). :chin:

I think it would be fun to meet both of you, since we're around the same age and talk to each other in the Clean Chatroom. It's too bad I live maaaaaaaaaaaaany miles from you, a whole sea and a country, in fact.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2012, 6:36 pm

Kjas wrote:
aussiebloke wrote:

I can't borrow from BCC library, I live too far away. I need to go in there more often though, they have all the best books! It's impossible even to get semi decent ones out here. Although I do love top gear and various related things - guess I could go in on my half free TAFE days. :chin:

Do you live in Logan or Caboluture area (sp) ? I used to live in Browns Plains/Park Ridge area and I suspect few can read anyways :) "hooning" seems to be their #1 hobby of choice :wink:

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2012, 6:43 pm

Kjas wrote:
aussiebloke wrote:

I think that's why I wouldn't want to Holiday in the UK, USA, Canada etc to much of a similar difference, if you travel you want a experience thats out of this world, :) if I stop being so lazy I will go to Rangoon Tokyo or St Petersburg.

Also I think Australia wil go that way to it most resembles Ireland ie not that long ago it was relatively cheap and as the economy improved they developed the "rip off culture"

I was reminded what a joke it's become today at King George square at the outdoor ice skating rink.W

Would any one care to play guess the Price, i knew thier would be a premium added to the cost for novelty value and keeping an outdoor rink in relatively warm conditions cold would add to the ticket price, guess what you think it's worth and double it!

What a joke I ain't paying that I thought to myself 8O many do , :o you no it's a joke when you have family in "expensive" Switzerland who are dumbfounded by the high costs here.

What do you think :)