Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2010, 4:01 pm

Someone showed me this today and told me it was designed by people at M.I.T. and took them a thousand hours. It uses John Deere farm equipment.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmREjs6NYVY[/youtube]

Kenjuudo
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2010, 4:17 pm

I'm sorry to be the one telling you, but you've been scammed. That is very obviously a computer animation. :roll:

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2010, 4:49 pm

OK, you don't need to roll your eyes at me.
Arrogance does not become you.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2010, 5:10 pm

I thought it was real.

Kenjuudo
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2010, 5:11 pm

Aimless wrote:
OK, you don't need to roll your eyes at me.
Arrogance does not become you.
Oh my. I didn't intend to appear arrogant. I must have a very different perception of that smiley. I'll quit using it as of now. :)

Edit: And it's still a very cool video. :)

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2010, 5:32 pm

That's cool. I was taken in for a moment. It would be cool to make a real one. :-)

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2010, 7:06 pm

If you are saying your intention was not to have me feel like an idiot, then I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. I don't mind being corrected but I do mind if it's done in a condescending manner, which is how I interpret that emoticon. I only use it when I'm making fun of myself. I'm willing to drop it. It's just one of my triggers that make me go

Kenjuudo
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2010, 7:17 pm

Aimless wrote:
If you are saying your intention was not to have me feel like an idiot, then I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. I don't mind being corrected but I do mind if it's done in a condescending manner, which is how I interpret that emoticon. I only use it when I'm making fun of myself. I'm willing to drop it. It's just one of my triggers that make me go
I'm so sorry. I never meant to make you feel like an idiot. If it makes you feel any better, though, I have a couple of similar triggers myself. :rendeer:

RockDrummer616
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2010, 7:22 pm

Yes, it's definitely a computer animation, but it still probably took a huge amount of work and it's still very cool. Thank you for showing it to me.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2010, 7:51 pm

Kenjuudo wrote:
Aimless wrote:
I'm so sorry. I never meant to make you feel like an idiot. If it makes you feel any better, though, I have a couple of similar triggers myself. :rendeer:

Well, when you're right you're right. :)
http://www.snopes.com/photos/arts/musicmachine.asp

Kenjuudo
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2010, 7:56 pm

Hehe, don't feel bad. I've been scammed by the internetz myself a couple of times. :lol:

Edit: It just occurred to me that the people showing it to you are probably still believing it's a real device. :)

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2010, 8:15 pm

Kenjuudo wrote:
Hehe, don't feel bad. I've been scammed by the internetz myself a couple of times. :lol:

Edit: It just occurred to me that the people showing it to you are probably still believing it's a real device. :)

Yes, she was really excited about it.I thought the picture was poor quality but passed it off as my eyes failing.

Kenjuudo
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2010, 8:46 pm

I did a little searching and found this place, which has a bunch of similar videos, including the one you posted:

http://www.animusic.com/