What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 397 of 498 [ 7964 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 394, 395, 396, 397, 398, 399, 400 ... 498  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2018, 2:41 am

i dreamt i was in some indeterminate time in the past, perhaps in the 1970s, in a small rehearsal hall/studio, white walls and gymnasium-style blond planked wood floor, barely large enough to contain a pops orchestra and choir on risers off to the side, there were picture windows facing the street on the left, closed shops and storefronts visible opposite, it was dark and rainy outside, little traffic. it had the feeling of a Saturday morning. everybody except the conductor was dressed casually and the conductor was putting this part and that part of the ensemble through its paces, while the musicians who weren't playing their instruments were scampering about, chatting with this person and that. i was sitting on a bench at the rear of the hall watching this all happen, i noted that the conductor, who resembled a more compact and youthful version of the real-life conductor Michael Tilson-Thomas, illuminated in spotlights, and was resplendent in white tie and tails tuxedo, his stylishly long hair immaculately in place, grooming perfect, just aglow. while he was on the podium conducting the strings on a part, he turned around and noticed me in the back, and he waved his baton to tell the violins and such to stop playing, then turned around and walked out towards me, and as he walked he visibly deteriorated and his clothing degenerated into very loose fitting and borderline ragged workman's jeans and off-white work shirt, his face became haggard, hair turned salt and pepper, sunken eyes and pockmarked face with 5 o'clock shadow, and small sores were visible on the skin visible around the clothing, a general diseased air was apparent. he slumped onto the bench besides me and looked weakly at me with a wan smile, and introduced himself. i asked him about his work as a conductor and he quickly corrected me, "No, i'm an Acoustic." i said words to the effect of "Hmmmm, had not heard that job title before," and he said "not a job, an adventure!" with what little cheer he had left in him.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2018, 8:23 am

Dreamt that the former aikido instructor said he took a job at a prestigious high school as a janitor, so he could get free tuition to send his three children to that school

This was the aikido instructor from ten years ago

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2018, 11:31 pm

auntblabby wrote:
i dreamt i was in some indeterminate time in the past, perhaps in the 1970s, in a small rehearsal hall/studio, white walls and gymnasium-style blond planked wood floor, barely large enough to contain a pops orchestra and choir on risers off to the side, there were picture windows facing the street on the left, closed shops and storefronts visible opposite, it was dark and rainy outside, little traffic. it had the feeling of a Saturday morning. everybody except the conductor was dressed casually and the conductor was putting this part and that part of the ensemble through its paces, while the musicians who weren't playing their instruments were scampering about, chatting with this person and that. i was sitting on a bench at the rear of the hall watching this all happen, i noted that the conductor, who resembled a more compact and youthful version of the real-life conductor Michael Tilson-Thomas, illuminated in spotlights, and was resplendent in white tie and tails tuxedo, his stylishly long hair immaculately in place, grooming perfect, just aglow. while he was on the podium conducting the strings on a part, he turned around and noticed me in the back, and he waved his baton to tell the violins and such to stop playing, then turned around and walked out towards me, and as he walked he visibly deteriorated and his clothing degenerated into very loose fitting and borderline ragged workman's jeans and off-white work shirt, his face became haggard, hair turned salt and pepper, sunken eyes and pockmarked face with 5 o'clock shadow, and small sores were visible on the skin visible around the clothing, a general diseased air was apparent. he slumped onto the bench besides me and looked weakly at me with a wan smile, and introduced himself. i asked him about his work as a conductor and he quickly corrected me, "No, i'm an Acoustic." i said words to the effect of "Hmmmm, had not heard that job title before," and he said "not a job, an adventure!" with what little cheer he had left in him.

A jobs only an adventure if you enjoy it!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2018, 11:59 pm

Austinfrom1995 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

A jobs only an adventure if you enjoy it!

and he obviously enjoyed the dickens out of it, like I wish I could have.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2018, 9:18 am

I had a long series of weird dreams last night. They seemed to go on forever.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2018, 7:39 pm

One of my dreams last night featured someone who was a were-bear. As for me, I was a were-sheep 8O (like a bighorn sheep, not a domesticated sheep). The were-bear looked just like a bear when he transformed except that he exclusively walked on his hind legs, but I looked more like a cross between a sheep and a human - and I'd lose control of myself when I transformed, and was plenty dangerous with my horns and hooves, while the were-bear pretty much kept his human mind. I also was still figuring out what things would cause me to change, and had to keep it a secret from everyone except the were-bear and a human friend of ours. I remember I was quite worried about transforming in a public place.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2018, 9:21 am

This wouldn't surprise anyone, but I had a dream about a cat-a Siamese cat.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2018, 10:12 am

auntblabby wrote:
well I hope it wasn't as bad as my recurring nasty bathroom dreams. :o

I once dreamed I had an exam in the school’s bathroom.

Oddly enough, when concocting the dream, it didn’t occur to my brain to remember there were separate bathrooms for boys and girls, and, in fact, I think I didn’t see any girls in the dream, but neither did I realize there was anything unusual about it.

The teacher told us matter-of-factly that we had to understand there was no other space left. A few desks had been installed in the bathroom, wherever they’d fit, but still there were only enough for a small fraction of the students at a time. Therefore, very understandably, we had to wait for someone to finish the exam and leave their desk before we could sit down and begin ourselves—all the while the clock was ticking :nerdy:

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2018, 2:15 pm

Spiderpig wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
well I hope it wasn't as bad as my recurring nasty bathroom dreams. :o

I once dreamed I had an exam in the school’s bathroom. Oddly enough, when concocting the dream, it didn’t occur to my brain to remember there were separate bathrooms for boys and girls, and, in fact, I think I didn’t see any girls in the dream, but neither did I realize there was anything unusual about it. The teacher told us matter-of-factly that we had to understand there was no other space left. A few desks had been installed in the bathroom, wherever they’d fit, but still there were only enough for a small fraction of the students at a time. Therefore, very understandably, we had to wait for someone to finish the exam and leave their desk before we could sit down and begin ourselves—all the while the clock was ticking :nerdy:

what do you think that particular one was telling you?

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2018, 7:20 pm

I had a lot of disturbing things happening in my dreams last night. In one of them I was in a hotel somewhere in the United States - my parents said at first we were in Hawaii, but then they said were in San Fransisco. I wanted to know how we got there since I had no memory of us being in a plane or anything, it was like we had taken a short car drive. I was wandering around inside the hotel there were doors with neon signs or balloon animals shaped like human genitals around and I didn't want to enter whatever rooms they were in.

Then I went past a large TV screen where there's a trailer to black and white movie where a family is being forced to leave by some kind of authority figures and a little girl asks them "Why are you taking us away? Where are you taking us?" Then the screen went black and I heard a blood-curdling scream coming from the little girl.

Then I entered a room that had large sheets of white paper on the walls and colored markers and there were drawings on the paper and I thought, cool I'll draw something too so everyone can see it. But when I tried to draw something people came into the room and the paper became like a movie projector and started to play that horrifying movie from earlier. I somehow manage to make it stop like a giant touch screen and it shows a list of videos to play, but most of them were from the same movie and the rest were some weird kind of anime. I chose an anime but I knew it was probably scary and violent too, so I left the room and that's all I remember.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2018, 8:20 pm

I had a long dream about some big complex that was there for some reason I don't remember. It had high walls surrounding it, but then they replaced that walls with split rail fences to show there was nothing to hide. I was being driven alongside it to show it was just ordinary buildings joined together. Some of it was painted olive green.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2018, 9:07 pm

auntblabby wrote:

Uh, good question. Maybe that I should have studied a little less and worked out and looked for some martial-arts training, so when that came to pass, I could punch someone to make sure I got to do the exam, rather than them? :mrgreen:

Not that I could actually do it—my parents wouldn’t have approved.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2018, 11:00 pm

Spiderpig wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Uh, good question. Maybe that I should have studied a little less and worked out and looked for some martial-arts training, so when that came to pass, I could punch someone to make sure I got to do the exam, rather than them? :mrgreen:

seems that many parents, much of the time, when they are being "well-meaning," get in the way.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2018, 7:57 pm

Last night I had a dream about playing a paper and pencil RPG (don't recall which one exactly) with a woman. Oddly enough, she was running the game while I was the only player. Later on she would kiss me on my forehead and cheek from time to time. After the game I was laying down on a bed and she climbed on top of my back and started massaging my back, which was both nice and uncomfortable because my back is sensitive. Unfortunately, I woke up soon after, but it was a nice dream while it lasted.

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2018, 9:25 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Spiderpig wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

seems that many parents, much of the time, when they are being "well-meaning," get in the way.

*cough cough* my mom *cough cough*

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2018, 10:06 am

I dreamt I was in school and my class was going on a field trip. There was a rock hidden at the place we went to, and I found it. But I think I wasn't supposed to have taken it, so I kept it secret. Then it was graduation, and the presenter said something about the rock, and I thought they had somehow found out my secret, but they were just talking about what I used to want to be when I grew up, or something.