What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 145 of 498 [ 7964 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148 ... 498  Next

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2013, 8:17 am

auntblabby wrote:
Mindsigh wrote:
I don't remember much of it but for some reason I woke up singing "Most of my calories are calories from beer," to some kind of country-sounding tune. There was something about a cute guy with a beard in a convenience store, too. :? And I don't even like country music.

that sounds like it has some resonance in waking life. I am thinking of beer and beard and country music. like you recently met somebody or took a fancy to somebody?

I watched a Toby Keith video with my 4YO because he likes to watch people playing music and singing but since we don't have internet or cable at home, a country channel is the only one we can watch. But Toby Keith isn't that cute.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2013, 8:43 pm

Mindsigh wrote:
I watched a Toby Keith video with my 4YO because he likes to watch people playing music and singing but since we don't have internet or cable at home, a country channel is the only one we can watch. But Toby Keith isn't that cute.

so I guess that one sounds to me like neural housekeeping. anyways, I dreamt that I was on some weird airplane flight, and there was this guy who was a prison en route to another lockup facility, and he looked at me and 2 other fellas sitting in the row across from him, he was tied up and left hanging from the roof of the cabin, inside a weird sort of wire cage. I could not stand seeing him treated like that, so in cooperation with another witness, I untied him- as soon as I did that, some plainclothes security guy horned in on us and threatened us, and in response to that, the other witness made a pass [gay] at him which seemed to mollify him, then he [the security guy] looked lustingly at me, to which I sorta gulped, then I awoke. :oops:

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2013, 9:27 pm

I dreamed I was watching people who were inside a computer that provided experiences for people. A bit like we are. It was a bit like AM from that Harlan Ellison story, if you've read that.

There was one guy who was overcoming challenges in a grey and red low res world. All the time he was expecting to fail, but didn't.

And another guy was being made to remember nice things like walking through cornfields and pretty ladies and things, and for some reason there was like a mental commentary where he kept asking why he was being made to remember them.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2013, 10:11 pm

Moog wrote:
I dreamed I was watching people who were inside a computer that provided experiences for people. A bit like we are. It was a bit like AM from that Harlan Ellison story, if you've read that. There was one guy who was overcoming challenges in a grey and red low res world. All the time he was expecting to fail, but didn't.
And another guy was being made to remember nice things like walking through cornfields and pretty ladies and things, and for some reason there was like a mental commentary where he kept asking why he was being made to remember them.

long time no here :)
To see a field of corn in your dream represents domestic bliss and harmony. To see a computer in your dream symbolizes technology, information, and modern life. New areas of opportunities are being opened to you. Alternatively, computers represent a lack of individuality and lack of emotions and feelings. Too often, you are just going along with the flow, without voicing your own opinions and views. You may also feel a depreciated sense of superiority. The person overcoming challenges in a gray/red low-rez world might be finding that he doesn't set his bar high enough, that everything is really too easy for him or that he lacks self-confidence. The doubting fellow who kept asking why he was being made to remember the nice times in his life, sounds like he is highly resistant to lowering his present expectations of life, or lacks the wherewithal to set his bar higher and/or keep trying to pull himself up higher in life, or might be tiring of the struggle.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2013, 11:35 pm

Wow, it's 5am and I've been up the whole time. I actually fancy breakfast for once.

Anyway...my latest (very short) weird dream sounds like a nightmare, but it wasn't. It involved me and my friend exploring this haunted house (most of my dreams consist of haunted houses, tornados and teeth falling out). When we got out, he turned into Paddington Bear and stabbed me. :lol:

I felt the physical sensation (with no pain) and woke up. Does anyone here ever get that?

There's really nothing on telly at this hour, is there?

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2013, 11:50 pm

I was being chased by an evil dance teacher. She had a line of girls following behind her dancing on bruised feet. I locked myself in the attic to hide, and they danced in pain under my window. 8O

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2013, 11:57 pm

I want a Magic Bullet.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2013, 1:59 am

smudge wrote:
I want a Magic Bullet.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnqtGjHJjs8[/youtube]
Fell asleep last night with the T-V on. Oh, what a dream I had.
I dreamed I answered every single one of those late night mail order ads.
And four to six weeks later, much to my surprise,
The mailman came to my front door, and I couldn't believe my eyes
When he brought the Vegematic, and the Pocket Fisherman too,
Illuminated illustrated history of life,
And Boxcar Willie with a Ginzu knife,
A bamboo steamer, and a Garden Weasel too,
And a tie-dyed, dayglow souvenir shirt from Six Flags Over Burbank.

The doorbell rang all morning and into the afternoon.
I shook with fright as it rang all night to the light of the Master Card moon.
There was Parcel Post in the pantry, and UPS in the hall,
C O D's to the ceiling, and I just couldn't pay for it all.

I got the egg scrambler, with a Seal-a-Meal carrying case,
A set of presidential commemorative plates
So I could eat my eggs off the President's face,
A Minute Mender, and a needle that'll knit or crochet,
And an autographed photograph of Rin Tin Tin at Six Flags Over Burbank.

I remembered I was dreaming, so I gave a mighty cheer.
When I awoke, it was no joke, 'cause all that s**t was here.
So if you fall asleep with the TV on, let me tell you what to do:
Tear the telephone out of the wall unless you want it to happen to you.
You'll get the Vegematic, and the Pocket Fisherman too,
Illuminated illustrated history of life,
And Boxcar Willie with a Ginzu knife,
A bamboo steamer, and a smokeless ashtray too

And an all expenses paid weekend for three at Six Flags Over Burbank

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2013, 5:40 am

Hehe. That's great! Didn't French and Saunders do a piss-take of mail order products once?

You know though, I'm still shocked how they can get away with selling those exercise videos, such as the Insanity workout and Slimin6. I mean, if you actually look up the reviews (and look past the positive fake ones, call me cynical) on Amazon.com, you can actually see that these videos cause injuries to a lot of people. Although to be fair, that probably goes for exercise videos in general. But still...

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2013, 4:28 pm

^^^
caveat emptor.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2013, 4:40 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Moog wrote:
I dreamed I was watching people who were inside a computer that provided experiences for people. A bit like we are. It was a bit like AM from that Harlan Ellison story, if you've read that. There was one guy who was overcoming challenges in a grey and red low res world. All the time he was expecting to fail, but didn't.

long time no here :)
To see a field of corn in your dream represents domestic bliss and harmony. To see a computer in your dream symbolizes technology, information, and modern life. New areas of opportunities are being opened to you. Alternatively, computers represent a lack of individuality and lack of emotions and feelings. Too often, you are just going along with the flow, without voicing your own opinions and views. You may also feel a depreciated sense of superiority. The person overcoming challenges in a gray/red low-rez world might be finding that he doesn't set his bar high enough, that everything is really too easy for him or that he lacks self-confidence. The doubting fellow who kept asking why he was being made to remember the nice times in his life, sounds like he is highly resistant to lowering his present expectations of life, or lacks the wherewithal to set his bar higher and/or keep trying to pull himself up higher in life, or might be tiring of the struggle.

Cheers Auntie 8)

ThetaIn3D
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2013, 4:43 pm

Just the other night I dreamed that I had a long, winding, branching hole in my left foot. It had a small opening, and the abscess was all healed over with skin, inside and out. But when I looked into the hole, I could see that it went deep into my foot, and one branch of it went into my big toe, where I could see the bone. Quite disconcerting. I remember checking my right foot for comparison, just to make sure it wasn't supposed to be that way.

Popsicle
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2013, 4:56 pm

auntblabby wrote:
^^^
that sounds like a "hello from heaven!" thing.

I hope so. He looked well, even if he never looked up from his food! (Which is probably how he would've done in life, although he was quite lean.)

Thank you. :)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2013, 5:03 pm

ThetaIn3D wrote:
Just the other night I dreamed that I had a long, winding, branching hole in my left foot. It had a small opening, and the abscess was all healed over with skin, inside and out. But when I looked into the hole, I could see that it went deep into my foot, and one branch of it went into my big toe, where I could see the bone. Quite disconcerting. I remember checking my right foot for comparison, just to make sure it wasn't supposed to be that way.

Barefoot
To dream that you are barefoot represents your playful attitudes and relaxed, carefree frame of mind. Alternatively, being barefoot indicates poverty, lack of mobility, or misunderstanding. You have low self-esteem and lack confidence in yourself. Or you may be dealing with issues concerning your self-identity. You are unprepared for what is ahead for you.
Toes
To see your toes in your dream represent the way you move and walk through life, either with grace and poise, or the lack of. It also signifies your path in life. Alternatively, toes represent the minor details of life and how you deal with them. The big toe would seem to represent the things on the top of your agenda in life, the biggest of the minor life details.
Skin
To dream of your skin represents protection or shield of your inner self. It serves as a physical boundary and how close you let others get to you.
Hole
To dream that there is a hole in your foot indicates that there are some holes in your self-image or self-concept, flaws in your thinking or thought processes. Alternatively, the dream may be a pun on "wholeness' or completeness.
Bones
To see bones in your dream represent the discovery of your personal, family, or cultural secrets. It is also symbolic of your underlying strengths that you have not yet recognized. Consider the symbolism of getting to the "bare bones" or the significance of "having a bone to pick with someone."
Feet
To dream of the direction left symbolizes the subconscious and your repressed thoughts/emotions. It is an indication of passivity. To see your own left foot in your dream symbolizes your foundation, stability and sense of understanding, as well as how in touch you are with your deeper emotions. It signifies your need to be more practical and sensible. Alternatively, feet represents mobility, independence and freedom. Perhaps you have taken a step in the right direction and are contemplating your goals or your next step. To dream that you injured or hurt your foot signifies a lack of progress, freedom, and independence. Alternatively, the dream suggests that you have taken a step in the wrong direction.

Moomingirl
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2013, 1:16 am

ooh, can I play please auntblabby? You got some things ( I will not say which) spot on there about Theta. :D

My dream:
I had to run along the edge of a building (inside, and it seemed like some kind of giant classroom or corridor) and there were giant spiders falling down, so I had to hold a couple of large pieces of paper over my head to stop them landing on me. Other people were having to do the same thing. :?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2013, 4:04 am

Moomingirl wrote:
ooh, can I play please auntblabby? You got some things ( I will not say which) spot on there about Theta. :D

My dream:
I had to run along the edge of a building (inside, and it seemed like some kind of giant classroom or corridor) and there were giant spiders falling down, so I had to hold a couple of large pieces of paper over my head to stop them landing on me. Other people were having to do the same thing. :?

I never promised you a rose garden, or even a meaningful dream interpretation, but these capsule descriptions of your dream symbology should be a start of a discussion with loved ones, maybe-

Giant
To see a giant in your dream indicates a great struggle between you and your opponents. You are trying to overcome an overwhelming obstacle. Alternatively, a giant symbolizes an issue, a person or a feeling that is dominating the dreamer.
Spiders
To see a spider in your dream indicates that you are feeling like an outsider in some situation. Or perhaps you want to keep your distance and stay away from an alluring and tempting situation. The spider is also symbolic of feminine power or an overbearing mother figure in your life. A giant spider or spiders coming down on top of the dreamer would suggest mighty temptations that one is fending off, or problems one is putting off dealing with.
Building
To see a building in your dream represents the self and the body. How high you are in the building indicates a rising level of understanding, awareness or success. If you are in the lower levels of the building, then it refers to more primal attitudes and/or sexuality.
Corridor
To walk along a corridor in your dream signifies a transitional phase of self exploration. It signals spiritual enlightenment, emotional growth, physical prowess, new opportunities and mental passages in your life. If you are walking through a long corridor, then it represents your desperation in trying to escape a repetitive situation or some behavior patterns. You need to free yourself of this repetition. Alternatively, it symbolizes the choices and options that are available to you. You have a lot of things to consider.
Classroom
To dream that you are in a classroom indicates that you are learning an important life lesson. Alternatively, it symbolizes personal growth. You are learning something about yourself
Inside
To dream that you are inside suggests that you need to take time for some self introspection. The dream may be a metaphor that you need to look within yourself. It is what is in the inside that matters. Alternatively, dreaming that you are inside indicates that there are some family or domestic issues that you need to deal with.
Paper
To see blank white paper in your dream signifies your desire to make a fresh start in your life. You need to express yourself through writing or art. Alternatively, blank paper indicates that you need to work on being more communicative. To see a stack of papers in your dream denotes overwhelming responsibilities and stress that you are having to cope with. You are not effectively dealing with the issues at hand. To use paper sheets to guard against giant spiders would seem to allude to a simple pun, that the dreamer is "papering over" [finding temporary workaround, delays or easy outs, rather than confronting problems head-on] big problems or temptations in the dreamer's life.