Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,495
Location: Near London United Kingdom

15 Apr 2018, 10:08 am

If you 'look like' a serial killer what problems can that cause you in certain situations?



lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Jan 2010
Age: 47
Gender: Female
Posts: 9,820
Location: Lost on Earth, waddya think?

15 Apr 2018, 10:14 am

I think most serial killers look like regular, non-murderous people. I don't get what people mean by looking like a serial killer.



CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2004
Age: 46
Gender: Male
Posts: 104,766
Location: Canada in person, Germany in spirit

15 Apr 2018, 10:23 am

Did someone tell you that you look like a serial killer, or is that your own opinion of yourself? If that's your on opinion of yourself, you've got to make it easy on yourself by loving yourself more. No one's going to do it for you, so you've got to love yourself.


_________________
Peabody

Om Nom 2024

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26&start=645


Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,495
Location: Near London United Kingdom

15 Apr 2018, 10:45 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
Did someone tell you that you look like a serial killer, or is that your own opinion of yourself? If that's your on opinion of yourself, you've got to make it easy on yourself by loving yourself more. No one's going to do it for you, so you've got to love yourself.



Someone said about my passport photo from 2009 that i look like a serial killer



Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Oct 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,592

15 Apr 2018, 10:51 am

Jamesy wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:
Did someone tell you that you look like a serial killer, or is that your own opinion of yourself? If that's your on opinion of yourself, you've got to make it easy on yourself by loving yourself more. No one's going to do it for you, so you've got to love yourself.



Someone said about my passport photo from 2009 that i look like a serial killer


Its probably a passing remark nothing to think too much about.



CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2004
Age: 46
Gender: Male
Posts: 104,766
Location: Canada in person, Germany in spirit

15 Apr 2018, 11:01 am

Daniel89 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:
Did someone tell you that you look like a serial killer, or is that your own opinion of yourself? If that's your on opinion of yourself, you've got to make it easy on yourself by loving yourself more. No one's going to do it for you, so you've got to love yourself.



Someone said about my passport photo from 2009 that i look like a serial killer


Its probably a passing remark nothing to think too much about.


I wouldn't put too much stock into what that person said.


_________________
Peabody

Om Nom 2024

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26&start=645


ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Aug 2013
Age: 63
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,893
Location: Long Island, New York

15 Apr 2018, 12:02 pm

General blank expression.

Not only do we often fail to “read” others we often do not transmit emotion in a typical way or not at all.

Thus an NT might misread us as no emotion or empathy ie possible serial killer, mass shooter etc.

Consequences of this miscommunication might be being ostracized, bullying, being reported to the police, getting “extra attention” from the police.

I have never understood bullying somebody you think is a threat, yet it is done all the time.


_________________
Professionally Identified and joined WP August 26, 2013
DSM 5: Autism Spectrum Disorder, DSM IV: Aspergers Moderate Severity.

My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person.


CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2004
Age: 46
Gender: Male
Posts: 104,766
Location: Canada in person, Germany in spirit

15 Apr 2018, 2:39 pm

Was that comment made by the same person who said that you shouldn't be alone with women? If so, you can tell him to eat worms.


_________________
Peabody

Om Nom 2024

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26&start=645


Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,495
Location: Near London United Kingdom

15 Apr 2018, 7:17 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
Was that comment made by the same person who said that you shouldn't be alone with women? If so, you can tell him to eat worms.



No different person



CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2004
Age: 46
Gender: Male
Posts: 104,766
Location: Canada in person, Germany in spirit

15 Apr 2018, 8:41 pm

Do you think you look like a serial killer?


_________________
Peabody

Om Nom 2024

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26&start=645


Skilpadde
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 7 Dec 2008
Age: 43
Gender: Female
Posts: 27,019

16 Apr 2018, 3:25 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
General blank expression.


or intense or angry/aggressive stare

a harsh face



A quick google also gave me these:

long greasy hair

coke bottle glasses

worn, dirty clothes

gross teeth

shifty eyes

crazy eyes

angry eyes

never smiling, always being/ looking serious

Always having an intense stare, staring at people and things

Ignoring the presence of other people in the room, with no acknowledgement of them

being "too quiet", not acknowledging people when they enter a room




I must have some traits myself then


_________________
BOLTZ 17/3 2012 - 12/11 2020
Beautiful, sweet, gentle, playful, loyal
simply the best and one of a kind
love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765


Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Jul 2014
Age: 121
Gender: Male
Posts: 31,048
Location: Out of my mind

16 Apr 2018, 3:42 am

Serial killers can be quite good looking.


Image
Image


_________________
It's like I'm sleepwalking


SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Sep 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,690
Location: UK

16 Apr 2018, 7:21 am

If Jamie Dornan is a serial killer he hasn't been caught yet :P


_________________
R Tape loading error, 0:1

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard


Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 18 Jan 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,858

16 Apr 2018, 7:42 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
I have never understood bullying somebody you think is a threat, yet it is done all the time.


No kidding. When I see someone as threatening I just try to stay away from them.



SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Sep 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,690
Location: UK

16 Apr 2018, 7:48 am

Skilpadde wrote:

A quick google also gave me these:


long greasy hair - ✔️

worn, dirty clothes - ✔️

gross teeth - ✔️

shifty eyes - ✔️

crazy eyes - ✔️

angry eyes - ✔️

never smiling, always being/ looking serious - ✔️

Always having an intense stare, staring at people and things - ✔️

Ignoring the presence of other people in the room, with no acknowledgement of them - ✔️

being "too quiet", not acknowledging people when they enter a room - ✔️

I'm a serial killer in denial :lol:


_________________
R Tape loading error, 0:1

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard


asp159
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

Joined: 20 Apr 2016
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 56
Location: United Kingdom

16 Apr 2018, 10:56 am

I get this remark all the time when I'm trying to upload good profile pics for dating sites. I ask people before I upload and most of them say I look like I'm about to murder someone. I really don't see it though but it must be true as the results show something's wrong. I try tons of different ways and they always say something's wrong like your smile looks fake and such.

I think this is an aspie thing?