Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2010, 3:27 pm

I am desperately trying to find a movie on DVD written, directed, produced, and starring Crispin Glover called What Is It. A friend who works at Blockbuster tried finding it for me, but with no luck. Possibly, because the movie had only a very limited release in art house movie theaters, he thought it may not have gone to DVD. From what I understand, other than Glover, the whole cast consists of actors with Down's syndrome. Glover pretty much plays the Id of the lead character, who is too shy to confront the woman he loves, and is haunted by his own racism. The movie, I understand, is shot out of sequence, with imagery of racism, women with animal heads, and snails... In other words, my kind of trippy movie. If anybody in Wrong Planet knows if What Is It is available somewhere on DVD, I'd really appreciate hearing from you.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2010, 3:40 pm

That sounds like a cool movie. I don't know where you could get it, though.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2010, 4:01 pm

I'm a fan of Crispin Glover (loved him in Epic Movie and Alice in Wonderland), so I've been wanting to see this movie. Unfortunately, it's not available on DVD because Crispin doesn't want it to be. He likes to show it at independent theatres, where he can interact with his fans.