Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

OddFiction
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2010, 3:38 pm

Do you walk your pets in order to practice being social?
Are your pets (individually or as a species) a special interest?

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2010, 6:32 pm

My cat isn't a special interest of mine, but I do love her an awful lot. I like to use her as a topic of conversation, especially around strangers. You can't go wrong with talking about cats!

the_curmudge
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2010, 8:02 pm

I would talk about my cat, but I wouldn't try to walk her. Once I bought her a harness and lead with the intention of taking her on a (legal) walk. She resisted all bodily movement (even blinking, I expect) for ten stiff-legged minutes, then executed a brief Houdini-like escape movement that had her out of the harness and under the house before I could say, "Mea culpa." I have NOT been forgiven.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2010, 10:47 pm

Walking my dog is a social event, when I'm at my parents place. It was a social event for me every day, before I moved out. My dog and his breed are a special interest for me.

Epiphany28
Raven
Raven

19 Oct 2010, 1:00 pm

I avoid walking my dogs because of the potential social interaction. Sad, yes, but it is what it is. Animals as a whole are a special interest, ESPECIALLY my horse. My horse has opened up an incredible amount of doors and have led me to great people and opportunities.

Tomasu
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2010, 3:45 pm

^^Yaye greetings everyone. I believe that I love being with Nell and Plato, my kitties very much. However, I do believe that Nell and Plato are very scared of humans, and therefore I do believe that I do not meet with new humans when being with Nell and Plato.