Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

gemstone123
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2010, 4:35 pm

Well did anyone watch it?

Here's the UK's entry:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9lbINqNQeY&feature=channel[/youtube]

Jeez no wonder we came last. :lol: Out of all the talent in the country this is what we send? :roll:

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ...

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2010, 4:50 pm

I posted it yesterday... or well, today, but some minutes after midnight :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48x2aYYd6jg[/youtube]

Do you like new winner?

My friend calls her Bow Leg Girl.

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

gemstone123
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2010, 6:28 pm

Do I like her?
Well her song is kinda catchy I guess.:)

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ...

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2010, 9:58 am

I wanted Cyprus to win. I quite liked the French song as well.

Spain was a disappointment because I know lots of really good Spanish songs and they always pick something that is way below their usual standard (in fact, a lot of countries are guilty of that. Moldova last year was awful, and this is the country that gave us Dragostea Din Tei, which is still one of my favourite songs of all time), but at least this year the song was in Spanish (I didn't even notice that guy get pulled off stage because I was so busy trying to listen to the words, LOL).

I'm surprised we came last, actually. Our song was OK, I thought. Not great, but certainly not as bad as last year (which also wasn't actually BAD, just not particularly worth writing home about).

The winner was OK, but only OK. When an OK song starts getting loads of votes, I automatically forget I liked it at all and it gets a place on my "overrated rubbish" list in my mind. Same happened with last year's winner (which I actually warmed to again after everyone else got sick of it).

My last comment is that I think Bulgaria should have made it to the final. I only ever watch the final, so I wouldn't even have heard that song if I hadn't been searching for Bulgarian music (to get used to hearing the language before I start learning it for my holiday this summer). I love that song, it's so much better than some of the finalists.

y es como un semestre"

Wobbuffet
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 May 2010, 4:08 pm

I saw a bit, but the TV was being switched between this, Britain's Got Talent, and about four other things...so I haven't really got a clue what was going on with any of them.

The winner was really quite hot though. :)

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2010, 4:10 pm

I was in some shops today and winner song was on the radio :D

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

pluto
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2010, 5:44 pm

The UK has a very-outdated attitude to Eurovision.We just don't take it seriously and seem to think it's beneath us to make a real effort !
For years Britain has ridiculed the contest,but in reality we're the ones who are out of step.
Young Josh Dubovie can't really be blamed,he performed an average song as well as he could,but most of the other countries were in a different class altogether. The UK was even embarassed during the interlude,when tv cameras cut to cities around Europe where thousands of ordinary citizens performed 'flash mob' dancing,all perfectly rehearsed and in time with each other - apart from the British scenes of course,which appeared to show a drunken mob flailing about at random and making faces at the camera. :roll:
Apart from the winners Germany,whose song had the advantage of already being a huge hit before the contest,I thought Greece,Belgium and France were the best.

Lecks
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2010, 5:52 pm

I tried watching it, but then I heard a cat wailing ouside and I decided to cheer it on instead.

steve30
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jun 2010, 9:03 am

gemstone123 wrote:
Well did anyone watch it?

Here's the UK's entry:

<snip>

Jeez no wonder we came last. :lol: Out of all the talent in the country this is what we send? :roll:

I think the song is actually quite good, especially considering how much crap manages to enter our charts every week.

Also, Josh Dubovie is cute :).

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2010, 2:05 pm

I would rather microwave my own head than watch IT :!:

xalepax
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2010, 10:37 am

Blindspot149 wrote:
I would rather microwave my own head than watch IT :!:

LOL, hilarious reply!

Well I watched it, as I have done all years of my life so far. I think it was a weak year of 2010. Hardly any songs I really could say I like. I got the feeling the ESC is going towards the "dumb label" again....and oh yeah UK!! ! My gosh, its really embarrasing and its so obvious that UK doesnt care at all of how to represent themselves...such a weak song....

My ONLY real favourite was kicked out in thursdays semifinal, Im not even sure what country it was...

The absolute best part was of course the spanish stage invader, totally EPIC!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQwTtklX2Wk[/youtube]

xalepax
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2010, 10:44 am

sorry double post