People and there stupid chat rooms

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

wsw29
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Apr 2016, 2:51 am

Hi my name is wsw29

Each day at work or on the bus i see people getting notifications from their friends or family using some sort of soical media tool ( facebook, what app )

Does any feel isolated like me?

I really hate when i am sitting with someone and they mention the word chat or group and u are not a part of the conversation

It feel like i am the last person on people minds
:(

I'm am finishing this post off from a computer because i started it on the bus. My problem with chat rooms is that i feel left out when an on-line chat happens at work. I work in an office were staff can instant message each over a program called "Microsoft Lync" (Instant Messaging program). Some staff members have one on one chat or group-chat with multiple participants. When these group chats start, i don't get include on what the hot topic going around the office and that makes me feel left out. And each time i'm asking a questions to one of my co-worker, i heard or see a instant message pop-up from another team member.

How am i going to get my ideas across to other employees? I also hate looking noticing other people chats. I am new person in this work place, and most of the people are friendly and i was accept on Facebook but why haven't i been invited to there private chat? I don't know if i should ask or create my own private group chat? If i created my own chat, i have no material to add to this new chat.

It harder and harder to see people each day. Technology and social media is fixing that problem but i don't why these new friendships can't keep the conversation going on-line?

Does anyone have any good group chat material?

Last edited by wsw29 on 14 Apr 2016, 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2016, 3:29 am

you sure you're not eavesdropping? :)

i'm caring less about it i hope. everyone disappeared the instant i graduated high school. it didn't hurt too much since i hardly knew them to begin with.

i saw a friend of mine disable notifications from me whenever i tried to contact her.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

wsw29
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Apr 2016, 6:04 am

No, when i walk up to a colleague in my department and ask a work question, i hear or see a instant message pop up on their computer screen.

I feel that i am being left out of the chat and the group. If i feel left out, i been come stress.

Would like some help with this :(

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2016, 6:10 am

Other people have lives that do not include you. This is a simple fact. The best thing to do is to simply get used to it.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2016, 6:29 am

wsw29 wrote:
No, when i walk up to a colleague in my department and ask a work question, i hear or see a instant message pop up on their computer screen.

I feel that i am being left out of the chat and the group. If i feel left out, i been come stress. (

there are probably about 1 billion people at present in the world who are currently engaged in saying something.

just imagine how may things are said in the world every day.

god it just melts into white noise when i think about it.

think about the volume of everything everyone who ever existed has said since the dawn of communication.

it is curious that even though the amount of sentences ever said is vast, it is still possible to say a unique sentence with little thought.
a sentence said with no thought to cohesion will likely be unique.
but who wants to hear unique sentences that make no sense?

everything that can be sensibly said has already been said i think, and so i do not consider that my input to a chatroom would be unique so i consider my input to be just an optional addition to their conversation.

i would however be enthralled to eavesdrop on people in various times in the distant past as long as i could understand what they were saying.
it would be interesting to hear what a family said 9,000 years ago in their home.

but as for now, if i do not hear what you say, then i do not feel insecure because i have heard it all before

wsw29
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Apr 2016, 6:39 am

Thanks for the input

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2016, 6:45 am

Thanks for sharing.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2016, 1:11 am

b9 wrote:
it would be interesting to hear what a family said 9,000 years ago in their home.

agreed.

it would also be interesting to consider how the world would have developed had photography been developed 1000 years in the past. the implications are endless.

OP, i'm afraid i don't have good chat material, sorry :| i usually just join chats to see what everyone else is going in about. strangely entertaining.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.