Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Oct 2016, 10:48 pm

the timing is usually perfect, and the style is unique

well, for the earlier seasons at least

DelightDelirium
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Oct 2016, 11:55 pm

Yes, excellent social commentary, then came South Park, Family Guy, American Dad, all great. Says what live action couldn't.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2016, 9:38 am

I'm a huge Simpsons fan, and I really love all of those animated comedies. They never fail to make me laugh and I even sometimes consider a career in animation because of those shows :)

Grammar Geek
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2016, 10:59 am

It's the greatest show ever to grace television. Granted, I haven't seen many shows, but I'm pretty comfortable saying this regardless. I've seen every Simpsons episode multiple times.

fishysquash

13 Oct 2016, 4:53 pm

Grammar Geek wrote:
It's the greatest show ever to grace television. Granted, I haven't seen many shows, but I'm pretty comfortable saying this regardless. I've seen every Simpsons episode multiple times.

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2016, 10:26 pm

WAY TO BREATHE, NO BREATH

TRAMOPOLINE

Working hard or hardly working??

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I was that maniac.... ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH

etc :lol:

KimD
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2016, 11:03 pm

DelightDelirium wrote:
Yes, excellent social commentary, then came South Park, Family Guy, American Dad, all great. Says what live action couldn't.

Yup!!

My friends in high school and I were fans of Groening's "Life in Hell" cartoons and were't at all familiar with Tracy Ullman's show, so when we heard that he was about to put a 30-minute show on network TV, we were stunned. 8O

My husband and I still love The Simpsons and a lot of the others as much as we ever did. (Sometimes we're not in the right mood for South Park, though.) They've become almost therapeutic for us, and have inspired many "inside" jokes or shorthand that can we can use to say so much so succinctly.

I think one of the best things about the animated comedies is that built-in flexibility--it doesn't matter that the kids don't ever age, that so-and-so was run over by a trash truck three minutes ago, that an entire premise is radically unlikely, etc. You can suspend your disbelief easily, but the parodies, metaphors, and jokes still stick because it's all done so well.

randomeu
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2016, 6:19 am

i LOVE the simpsons, alot, its my favorite tv show ever, and i love the games too.

the show wasn't so good at the start (from what ive seen) in the first year or two. but then it got into a GOLDEN age of glory! then after over a decade of glory they kind of fell from grace and were just trying to make references and cram in as many celebrity's as possible. but recently (well not that recently, maybe for the past two or three series) they've picked up again and become fantastic again.

may the simpsons last forever haha

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 174 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 30 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Officially diagnosed 30th june 2017

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2016, 11:18 am

One of my favorite moments :lol:

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2016, 3:13 pm

Yeah the Simpsons is cool. There's an episode about everything. I have all the box sets up to season 17, and after that some genius decided to discontinue selling box sets, and limit watching episodes online to USA only.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

14 Oct 2016, 11:58 pm

I love The Simpsons as well as South Park, Family Guy, & American Dad.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2016, 10:52 am

Poor Lisa though... :lol: