What age did you STOP wetting the bed?

Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2010, 4:45 pm

Or do you still wet the bed at night?

I had a similar post before but I only asked if anyone still wetted the bed at an old age. I remember wetting the bed half of the nights when I was in grade 3, doing it about once or twice a year in grade 11/12 and stopped wetting the bed just in time for university.

So ya, I completely stopped wetting the bed when I was 17.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

12 Mar 2010, 4:52 pm

The last time I wet the bed I was 6.

beautifuloblivion
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2010, 5:03 pm

I stopped wetting the bed when I was 6 or 7. I wet myself on purpose at school when I was 9 though, which is still embarrassing to me :P . I was too afraid to ask the teacher if I could go use the restroom because I knew she was strict about letting kids leave during class time. So I just held it until I couldn't anymore :roll: .

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2010, 5:51 pm

I only did once, when I was like, 9. XD. It's because I drank too much water before sleeping.

Beautifuloblivion? What's your avatar of? It intrigues me.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2010, 5:53 pm

I haven't wet the bed since I was eight.

beautifuloblivion
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2010, 6:11 pm

Spazzergasm wrote:
I only did once, when I was like, 9. XD. It's because I drank too much water before sleeping.

Beautifuloblivion? What's your avatar of? It intrigues me.

Yeah I'm still afraid I'll wet the bed if I drink too much before falling asleep :wink: . Anyway, the avatar is a charcoal spider drawing I think :) .

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2010, 6:25 pm

beautifuloblivion wrote:
Yeah I'm still afraid I'll wet the bed if I drink too much before falling asleep :wink: . Anyway, the avatar is a charcoal spider drawing I think :) .

Me too. :P Ahh, just checking! It looked like that, but it also looked like those dust bunnies from the movie totoro. I like it. :)

morningbird
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Mar 2010, 6:41 pm

I have never wet the bed, but I have a HUGE bladder. I hardly ever go to the bathroom anyway. I used to get a lot of infections because of it.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2010, 7:02 pm

The last time I wet the bed, was when I was 9.

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2010, 7:19 pm

looks like I hold the record so far (I can't believe I sound proud of it)

roadracer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2010, 7:23 pm

Not sure why you are asking that question, but anyway, the medical term for "bed wetting" is "nocturnal enuresis", or just enuresis for short.
Past a certain age, enuresis is considered a medical problem, that could be caused by many different medical conditions.
95% of children outgrow bed wetting by the age of ten, so if you were to wet the bed past that age, it is probably a sign of something more is going on, and that you possibly have a medical condition that is causing it.
3% of adults experience enuresis, for some it is primary enuresis, meaning that they have always had the condition that is causing it. Others have secondary enuresis, meaning that they didnt have the problem, but at some point they aquired a condition that started causing the enuresis.

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2010, 9:19 pm

roadracer wrote:
Not sure why you are asking that question, but anyway, the medical term for "bed wetting" is "nocturnal enuresis", or just enuresis for short.
Past a certain age, enuresis is considered a medical problem, that could be caused by many different medical conditions.
95% of children outgrow bed wetting by the age of ten, so if you were to wet the bed past that age, it is probably a sign of something more is going on, and that you possibly have a medical condition that is causing it.
3% of adults experience enuresis, for some it is primary enuresis, meaning that they have always had the condition that is causing it. Others have secondary enuresis, meaning that they didnt have the problem, but at some point they aquired a condition that started causing the enuresis.

Well, I don't wet the bed anymore, even if I drank too much water, I would just have to go again before falling asleep or wake up in the middle of the night.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2010, 9:24 pm

I don't remember.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2010, 3:12 am

I don't recall ever wetting the bed. :)

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2010, 3:22 am

jc6chan wrote:
Or do you still wet the bed at night?

So ya, I completely stopped wetting the bed when I was 17.

I havn't stopped yet to date, but do control when I drink. It's usualy stress related. The more stress, the more likely it will occure. From the looks of it, I might die a bed wetter. Some things are just genetically unfortuante. :shrug:

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2010, 5:30 am

I stopped when I was about 8 or so. I used to get punished for it too :?. Eventually I learned to hide it; a lovely self protective tactic I use to this day (hiding things from everyone).