Why do moms take so long to get ready!!?

Page 3 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2010, 6:10 pm

ShenLong wrote:
At ast you guys don't have Puerto Rican mom's. They work on what me and my dad collectively call "Puerto Rican Time". Ever heard of the time dilation effect?

"I'll be ready in ten minutes"
*three hours later....

My mom runs on Mormon Time. It appears to work about the same way.

Surya
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Aug 2010, 12:46 am

persian85033 wrote:
My mom takes 2.5 hrs to get ready for work. I take usually half an hour, including breakfast. And going to the store, my takes maybe 45 min, I can just put my shoes on, and I'm ready.

8O
What the hell is she doing that takes 2.5 hrs to get ready?

I have a 3x rule, if they can't be on time for that, well to bad, bye.
I take 10 mins to get ready, that means you get 30min.

Old flatmate and I used to set arrival times by person/couple as well.

If one is always 2 hours late, tell them to come 2.5 hours early and other way if early, give them a later time.

Kelpie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2010, 1:58 am

I have problems putting on makeup and doing my hair, so the 10-20 mins of time is taking a shower, and then 2-3 mins on dillydallying out of the shower, because I'm cold, and another 2-3 minutes to get dressed, put on deodorant, brush my hair, find my purse.

I wish I could do my hair and makeup. heh

Idk...help
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Nov 2019, 7:19 pm

Idk my mom can take up to 5 hours to get ready when we are going to the store. The least she takes is an hour (this is the morning). We are always late. :cry:

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2019, 8:15 pm

Because being a woman sucks. Society puts more pressure on women to not leave the house until they are sure their hair, clothes, and makeup look perfect, although they still really think they look hideous. Men don't have to do that and that is why I should have been born male or become trans. :x

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2019, 11:09 pm

My mom doesn't ever wear makeup, except for really rare occasions. Yet she STILL takes an hour to get ready. I don't know what she does. The only thing I can think of is sometimes she forgets one little thing then forgets the other little thing, yes that happens a lot. But I don't get why it adds up to an hour.