Total nuclear war by this weekend?

Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2010, 3:57 pm

OK, so Iran is about to fire up their reactor. Common wisdom is that Israel will take out the reactor before it is brought online. Since Russia has a lot to lose, Russia will then use nukes to wipe Israel off the face of the map. The US will then launch against Russia, and Russia and China will launch against the US. In the end, very few people survive. The world is poisoned by radiation. Humanity, what's left of it, goes back to being hunter gatherers. This will happen on Saturday, most likely. Bend over and kiss your butt goodbye.

Kelpie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2010, 4:05 pm

Pretty frickin' scary when most of these governments are against their people's will. The US being a major one of these. People are tired of the lies. And yeah... Russia's nuclear base is threatened by fires, if it hasn't been enclosed in already. Such is life, a disaster. And they say us autistics are incapable of social crap... Look what these people's problems have caused. And they're supposed to be frickin' normal.

Dilbert
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2010, 4:09 pm

"I dooooon't want to set the wooooorld on fiiiiiiire!"

I'm ready. ;)

Israel will bomb Iran because from their point of view they simply have no choice.

No one will retaliate except the Iranians themselves. Russia won't even mount a conventional attack, let alone a nuclear one. Don't sweat it. There will be lots of sabre rattling at the UN, but that's about it.

FerrariMike_40
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Aug 2010, 4:47 pm

Medvedev has condemned the Iranian nuclear policy and is not going to nuke Israel because Israel is possibly launching a preemptive strike that isn't against Russia or the rest of the CIS. Russia may have ties with Iran, but they also have ties with Israel. Russia has their own problems with Islam and if anything they need to send more troops to Chechenya, or help Serbia get back Kosovo.

America is much more of a threat to Russia (and the other Slavic nations) than Russia is to America. What about America sending aid to Georgia during the 2008 Ossetia War, when that is first of all none of America's business, and second of all that only causes more tension between America and Russia? Or being so extremely for Kosovo's independence, which again is illegitimate and none of America's business, but even worse when Serbia has always gone out of the way to be allies with America and for what...Bill Clinton and now Obama to commit war crimes against us, support Islamic terrorism and say no to a potentially strong and historically based alliance?

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2010, 4:52 pm

Theve left it too late Israel won't do nought.

ShenLong
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2010, 5:02 pm

I've played too many post-apocalyptic games, watched too many post-apocalyptic movies, and read too many post-apocalyptic books for it to be a big deal. I've actually always dreamed of living in a post-apocalyptic world.

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2010, 5:03 pm

FerrariMike_40 wrote:
Medvedev has condemned the Iranian nuclear policy and is not going to nuke Israel because Israel is possibly launching a preemptive strike that isn't against Russia or the rest of the CIS. Russia may have ties with Iran, but they also have ties with Israel. Russia has their own problems with Islam and if anything they need to send more troops to Chechenya, or help Serbia get back Kosovo.

America is much more of a threat to Russia (and the other Slavic nations) than Russia is to America. What about America sending aid to Georgia during the 2008 Ossetia War, when that is first of all none of America's business, and second of all that only causes more tension between America and Russia? Or being so extremely for Kosovo's independence, which again is illegitimate and none of America's business, but even worse when Serbia has always gone out of the way to be allies with America and for what...Bill Clinton and now Obama to commit war crimes against us, support Islamic terrorism and say no to a potentially strong and historically based alliance?

Trust me, comrade, NOBODY wants to be more rid of America's belligerent government than the Americans themselves. People here are just starting to realize what the govt has done to the world, via the internet, since it was suppressed for so long. People are starting to realize that all the "best place in the world" bullhockey is just that, BS. The thing is, too many still believe that the elections matter, and not enough are yet willing to take up arms against the govt, which manages to keep the people satiated via chemical laced "food" that turns people into sheep. Within a decade there should be enough critical mass for an overthrow. It is in your country's best interest to help the dissidents over here.

Michhsta
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2010, 5:56 pm

My bunker is ready.

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2010, 6:12 pm

I must confess I do have a morbid fascination with the doctrine, strategy, tactics and execution of a full outright nuclear war. Of all the countries who would be in the firing line England would be absolutely annihilated off the face of the planet. At least 30 warheads would have been aimed at London alone and at least two for each major city not to mention at least 70 megatons worth of small kiloton weapons aimed at the NATO bases in a first wave.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2010, 7:56 pm

If it must be done, it must be done.

Zara
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2010, 8:04 pm

Doubt a nuclear war will happen from this.

Israel might do a tactical strike against the reactor and then they'll be a finger wagging at the UN for it. Life will then continue as usual.

Come check out my photography!
http://dmausf.deviantart.com/

danandlouie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2010, 10:29 pm

in the words of a most entertaining president.........bring it on

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2010, 10:38 pm

Death by nuclear war sounds like an awful way to go, but if that's the way it has to be, I accept it.

MONIQUEIJ
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2010, 10:40 pm

I'm depressed now, i hate war because the innocent aways suffer. :( .
why can't we all just not harm each other, news like this make me just want to die.

Dennis
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Aug 2010, 12:01 am

I'm looking forward to Armageddon whenever it comes.

Kelpie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2010, 12:11 am

stupid pricks in government going against what their people want indeed. I would rather be a russian dying from the toxic fumes of their fire than be living here in the US with a president and entire government who uses the constitution as toilet paper.