Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2020, 11:45 am

I'm not very strong.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2020, 12:00 pm

I'm not in especially good shape and tend to not think of myself as especially strong, but I know pretty consistently throughout my life I've caught people off-guard when doing jobs like moving furniture or similar.

Of course, this could also be a matter of having lessened inhibitions over potential harm, in a panicked and adrenalinized state I might not be stronger than anyone else of my size and fitness level.

revlar
Raven
Raven

15 Jan 2020, 12:33 pm

I am, but that's because I workout very frequently.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2020, 12:38 pm

I'm currently pretty out of shape, but I've always punched above my weight and possessed a lot of raw strength.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2020, 12:48 pm

I am very strong and muscular. very athletic looking. But I also have a serious coordination disorder that rules out being athletic. Also because of that combined with my strength I accidentally break things. Nature has a warped sense of humor.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2020, 12:54 pm

EzraS wrote:
I am very strong and muscular. very athletic looking. But I also have a serious coordination disorder that rules out being athletic. Also because of that combined with my strength I accidentally break things. Nature has a warped sense of humor.

Think something like shotput might be on the table? It seems to be towards the low end as far as coordination is concerned. Time to build a WP Olympic team. :nerdy:

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2020, 1:39 pm

I think I've always been a fair bit below average strength wise .

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2020, 2:10 pm

I have pretty low physical strength. I need to start working out so I can change that.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2020, 9:46 pm

Barely, but I am going to try and visit my school's gym more often.

wsmac
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2020, 11:10 pm

I've tended to be fairly strong throughout life.
But the ways I've demonstrated my strength have sometimes worried me.
I've punched and cracked 2 car windshields (windscreen for the UK folks) with my fist, security glass (the glass with wire criss-crossing inbetween the layers), put holes in walls and doors, dented things, etc
I've always tried not to get into physical fights because I've been worried that if I got in a good swing and connected with someone... I might severely injure them.
On a more positive note...
I'm handy to open things, straighten things, lift and move things, due to my strength.
Not that I'm a super-strong person, though.
I've worked out before, and been in schools and jobs where exercise was mandatory, but I'm not a gym rat at all.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

20 Jan 2020, 4:39 am

I never had much strength even when I was working doing manual labor type jobs, dish-washer & custodial. Last month I started lifting 5 pound dumbbells doing 10 reps at a time usually only 1ce a day. I was gonna increase to 15 reps at a time 1ce I got in the habit more but I got sick on Christmas with an infection(went to doc & got antibiotics) so I quit lifting the weights. I should start them again but I really need to wash dishes tomorrow cuz they pilled up & we're out of bowls so the weights will have to wait at least till Tuesday. I made a thread very recently in the Health section about low exertion tolerance viewtopic.php?t=384087

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2020, 5:00 am

No, and with physical disabilities like mine, I never will have. Same with stamina. Training helps a little, but I can never reach the same levels that a healthy person could... I've decided to not to worry about it too much. As long as I can handle daily tasks without too much trouble, I consider myself strong enough.

qalapofi
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2020, 5:55 am

I’m strong in some aspects, relatively weak in others.

I have decent stamina.

Fine motor coordination is slightly below average.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2020, 3:58 pm

Not at all.

I can walk pretty far without getting too tired, so might have ok stamina.

I never could seem to keep up in P.E class, it always helped with the bullying to have to demonstrate in front of the whole class that I was too weak to do things like pull ups, couldn't do as many push ups, sit ups, couldn't stretch as far as the other kids.

I remember when I was 10 and was having a particularly bad year of bullying we were doing a little spelling b thing. So I got the word 'weak'...like wow thanks teacher, I definitely wanted a negative adjective that describes me as my word to spell in front of the class.

Now I am not so self conscious about it, one can have other strengths besides physical strength.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2020, 6:26 pm

Quite stronger than someone of my own stature. :| It's both an asset and a recurring problem. Mostly an asset that I had to keep holding back.
No one dared calling me weak -- but then who would call a girl 'weak'? Instead they're more worried about me ending up breaking something with my bare hands... :lol: And it seems that no amount of crafting skills could make me more gentle with things.

Since I got enough coordination aptitude outside the clumsy line -- both gross and fine motor -- along with other physical traits of strength and stamina that would mean I'd be an athlete right?
Nope. I lack the reaction time for that, which is the very mark of what most athletes and gamers of varying forms have than anything else.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.