Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2020, 11:45 am

I'm not very strong.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2020, 12:00 pm

I'm not in especially good shape and tend to not think of myself as especially strong, but I know pretty consistently throughout my life I've caught people off-guard when doing jobs like moving furniture or similar.

Of course, this could also be a matter of having lessened inhibitions over potential harm, in a panicked and adrenalinized state I might not be stronger than anyone else of my size and fitness level.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

revlar
Raven
Raven

15 Jan 2020, 12:33 pm

I am, but that's because I workout very frequently.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2020, 12:38 pm

I'm currently pretty out of shape, but I've always punched above my weight and possessed a lot of raw strength.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2020, 12:48 pm

I am very strong and muscular. very athletic looking. But I also have a serious coordination disorder that rules out being athletic. Also because of that combined with my strength I accidentally break things. Nature has a warped sense of humor.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2020, 12:54 pm

EzraS wrote:
I am very strong and muscular. very athletic looking. But I also have a serious coordination disorder that rules out being athletic. Also because of that combined with my strength I accidentally break things. Nature has a warped sense of humor.

Think something like shotput might be on the table? It seems to be towards the low end as far as coordination is concerned. Time to build a WP Olympic team. :nerdy:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2020, 1:39 pm

I think I've always been a fair bit below average strength wise .

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2020, 2:10 pm

I have pretty low physical strength. I need to start working out so I can change that.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2020, 9:46 pm

Barely, but I am going to try and visit my school's gym more often.

wsmac
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2020, 11:10 pm

I've tended to be fairly strong throughout life.
But the ways I've demonstrated my strength have sometimes worried me.
I've punched and cracked 2 car windshields (windscreen for the UK folks) with my fist, security glass (the glass with wire criss-crossing inbetween the layers), put holes in walls and doors, dented things, etc
I've always tried not to get into physical fights because I've been worried that if I got in a good swing and connected with someone... I might severely injure them.
On a more positive note...
I'm handy to open things, straighten things, lift and move things, due to my strength.
Not that I'm a super-strong person, though.
I've worked out before, and been in schools and jobs where exercise was mandatory, but I'm not a gym rat at all.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

20 Jan 2020, 4:39 am

I never had much strength even when I was working doing manual labor type jobs, dish-washer & custodial. Last month I started lifting 5 pound dumbbells doing 10 reps at a time usually only 1ce a day. I was gonna increase to 15 reps at a time 1ce I got in the habit more but I got sick on Christmas with an infection(went to doc & got antibiotics) so I quit lifting the weights. I should start them again but I really need to wash dishes tomorrow cuz they pilled up & we're out of bowls so the weights will have to wait at least till Tuesday. I made a thread very recently in the Health section about low exertion tolerance viewtopic.php?t=384087

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2020, 5:00 am

No, and with physical disabilities like mine, I never will have. Same with stamina. Training helps a little, but I can never reach the same levels that a healthy person could... I've decided to not to worry about it too much. As long as I can handle daily tasks without too much trouble, I consider myself strong enough.

qalapofi
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2020, 5:55 am

I’m strong in some aspects, relatively weak in others.

I have decent stamina.

Fine motor coordination is slightly below average.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2020, 3:58 pm

Not at all.

I can walk pretty far without getting too tired, so might have ok stamina.

I never could seem to keep up in P.E class, it always helped with the bullying to have to demonstrate in front of the whole class that I was too weak to do things like pull ups, couldn't do as many push ups, sit ups, couldn't stretch as far as the other kids.

I remember when I was 10 and was having a particularly bad year of bullying we were doing a little spelling b thing. So I got the word 'weak'...like wow thanks teacher, I definitely wanted a negative adjective that describes me as my word to spell in front of the class.

Now I am not so self conscious about it, one can have other strengths besides physical strength.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2020, 6:26 pm

Quite stronger than someone of my own stature. :| It's both an asset and a recurring problem. Mostly an asset that I had to keep holding back.
No one dared calling me weak -- but then who would call a girl 'weak'? Instead they're more worried about me ending up breaking something with my bare hands... :lol: And it seems that no amount of crafting skills could make me more gentle with things.

Since I got enough coordination aptitude outside the clumsy line -- both gross and fine motor -- along with other physical traits of strength and stamina that would mean I'd be an athlete right?
Nope. I lack the reaction time for that, which is the very mark of what most athletes and gamers of varying forms have than anything else.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.