Page 3 of 5 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

mikey1138
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Oct 2010, 2:38 pm

Trolls! I like all the Old Norse mythological creatures... but trolls are my favourite.

Lecks
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2010, 3:05 pm

Do Freaking Sharks With Freaking Lazers On Their Freaking Heads count?

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2010, 7:20 pm

mikey1138 wrote:
Trolls! I like all the Old Norse mythological creatures... but trolls are my favourite.

Holy crap. That reminds me. I know this is going to sound crazy, but I swear I saw a gnome once. It wasn't the sweet little creature it's got the reputation for being, it was running at me and it looked really angry. Very not cool.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2010, 8:43 pm

Memaids and also Goliath from the Bible

Dilbert
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2010, 11:36 am

Gorn!

Gorn: Sssssssss! Aaaaargh! <flails arms>

Kirk: Ka-BOOM!

Gorn: ???

:D

Beauty_pact
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2010, 9:27 pm

Fairies. :) They are small enough to be possible to imagine might exist.

Also dragons. I use to imagine their bones all having decayed, somehow, and that the way they breathed fire was by having some sort of hydrogen-containing bladder.

Unfortunately, my reason says that neither have ever existed... -_-

Beauty_pact
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2010, 9:40 pm

happymusic wrote:
Holy crap. That reminds me. I know this is going to sound crazy, but I swear I saw a gnome once. It wasn't the sweet little creature it's got the reputation for being, it was running at me and it looked really angry. Very not cool.

Neat! :D I don't necessarily say it's crazy... I'm personally rather open-minded.

Their reputation's not that good, always, though. Just watch the shoe gnome episode of Dexter's Laboratory. :P Then again, they were shoe gnomes - I guess that may be different.

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2010, 9:51 pm

Beauty_pact wrote:
happymusic wrote:

Neat! :D I don't necessarily say it's crazy... I'm personally rather open-minded.

Their reputation's not that good, always, though. Just watch the shoe gnome episode of Dexter's Laboratory. :P Then again, they were shoe gnomes - I guess that may be different.

Thanks - I really appreciate that. :) That little guy scared the crap out of me twice in the same night and I was not on any sort of drugs or medication or anything. I wasn't ill, unusually stressed, etc.

Beauty_pact
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2010, 10:16 pm

Hmm, interesting.... and I assume you do not tend to hallucinate, when in your normal state (without being subject to any hallucinogen or being tired beyond what your mind can handle)?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2010, 10:20 pm

Medusa is my favourite.

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2010, 10:21 pm

Beauty_pact wrote:
Hmm, interesting.... and I assume you do not tend to hallucinate, when in your normal state (without being subject to any hallucinogen or being tired beyond what your mind can handle)?

You are correct.

sluice
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2010, 2:07 am

I thought about saying Jesus, but I figured that would offend at least half of the people here. Minotaurs look cool.

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2010, 5:12 am

I like werewolves, werecats... were-anything pretty much. I like shape shifters :)

I've always thought it would be cool to be a werewolf since I was a kid because I liked the idea of having an alternate form to the boring human one... although I'm not sure what the point would much be since there's nothing to do battle with :roll:

Now I get it... that's why that Underworld movie had to have vampires... without them the werewolves would have had nothing worthy to battle and would have become bored :P

MelancholyBunny
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2010, 7:55 am

I've always been fond of Cerberus, the three headed dog which guards the underworld in Greek mythology, whenever I take my dogs for a walk I always think about how much worse it could be.

After getting into Studio Ghibli and watching Princess Mononoke I now think Kodama are so cute, all broken and rattling.

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2010, 9:14 am

How can you resist his taste for fashion :lol:?

Beauty_pact
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2010, 9:17 am

happymusic wrote:
Beauty_pact wrote:

You are correct.

I just have to ask... since you said it was in the night, did you see it, both times, after waking up? If so, do you recall if you were unable to move? If this was the case, the likely reason to you seeing it was simply mere sleep paralysis; sleep paralysis tends to lead to "hallucinations", since you're partially still asleep when you have it.

If, however, this was not the case, and you never hallucinate in your normal state of mind, then that makes it rather interesting. If it cannot have been sleep paralysis, would you then like to think through those events as well as you can, and describe the situations when it happened in as much detail as possible? I would be very interested to read about it. I'm especially interested since a close acquaintance of my mother insists that she's seen a gnome in a forest, close by, and my mother means she does not seem crazy in any way. Gnomes are called "småtomtar" in Swedish, though... or småtomte in singular... poorly translated, that'd be small santa in English... tomte and santa have different cultural pasts, though ("santa" is based on a person -_-;). In Swedish, they are also called tomtenisse and hustomte (hus = house). Hustomtar are somewhat different, though...

I remain sceptical, though... :B but if you can't be a bit open-minded, you will live a very dull life. I find it interesting that they culturally are so widely spread, with different names for them and all.

Gnomes actually also are another of my favourite mythical creatures, beside the fairies and dragons. Fairies are the best, though. :)