Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Ackman
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2010, 12:12 am

I was born at 24 Pleasant Street, Nantucket, Peter State. The country was in the midst of its civil war and quite frankly how we didn't get captured is beyond me. Nantucket was a republican stronghold as was much of the Cape. The Royalists had no chance here. It was also during this time that the story of Lucy Moore began circulating around the troops. She rescued 3,000 Republican soldiers from Royalist POW camps. She never was caught, and she even served in the New England War of 1870-1874.

sluice
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2010, 5:50 pm

Nice historical account, it is always preferable of first peson view of events. I fought in the Peloponnesian War I believe but my memory is in a fog from too much brandy, which was a weakness of mine.

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2010, 3:17 pm

sluice wrote:
Nice historical account, it is always preferable of first peson view of events. I fought in the Peloponnesian War I believe but my memory is in a fog from too much brandy, which was a weakness of mine.

Mmm, you were probably on the Athenian side, then. Don't think the other lot went in for brandy... could be wrong. Not seen Doc since '85 so there's no easy way to find out.

The year is still young.