Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2006, 1:52 pm

Like nihilist i am from Asian culture , mid-easter to be more particular and like in most cultures a man who cries is something very view as shameful.

I was used to cry for major problems when I was child and teenager , I cried when I felt depression , I cried a bit (without real tears) during the civil war , for the massacre of Ambulance Mansouri and the Massacre of Kana during the invasion of Israel "Operation Grapes of Wrath", I cried when i failed once a class at school , I cried for many times for many reasons related to school.

But my cries are short and in private and mostly tearless , I never really grief . I never griefed , i couldn't grief during the funreal of my cousine 2 years ago I didn't drop a single tear , it s kinda creepy but I couldn't . I don't know if this related to HFA but this is my case .

SkippyP
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Jun 2006, 2:16 pm

I cry during some movies, because I enjoy watching "chick flicks". Other than that, I think the last time I cried was when my cat died.

anandamide
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2006, 3:28 pm

Lots of grown men cry. Some of them cry quite easily. I have known two male con artists who could turn the tears on whenever they wanted to. Women fall for it because we think that men only cry when they are really suffering. Not true. I have seen that grown men can be crybabies, or shed false tears, and also cry genuine tears just as much as women. Since when are men these great rocks of emotional stability as compared to women? I think that is a big fat myth.

Space
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2006, 3:29 pm

lowfreq50 wrote:
stop crying plz thx

Agreed.

phoenixjsu
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2006, 6:53 pm

I think everyone cries at some point. If I cry I'm not inclined to show it to anyone, but it doesn't have to be for any reason like "men don't cry". I just think there are appropriate times for everything, for reasons that can range from dignity, to making others uncomfortable or whatever. Crying is a particularly strong expression of emotion. And with me being a private person, I don't feel it's warranted, necessary or important to put it out there for everyone to see.

Some show of emotion is important to communication, but I suppose I've met far too many people who are emotional showboats -- It's only ever for attention. Someone displaying such a strong emotion all the time is just in extremely bad taste to me; I find it insulting to the strength, quality and honesty of such an emotion.

Raph522
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2006, 8:24 am

i think its ok to cry, its supposed to be unhealthy to keep all of your emotions to yourself.

DivaD
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2006, 8:55 am

it's good to cry :cry: it helps gets the bad emotions out your system.

i'm crying a lot at the moment but that's because i have just been dumped :cry: :cry: :cry: oh well i'll get over it...

muchacha
Toucan
Toucan

25 Jun 2006, 10:07 am

I always think that if you need to cry, then you just do! Whether it's wrong or right is just totally a mute point. Then again, my thinking HAS been called simplistic before...

Barracuda
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2006, 4:43 pm

I haven't cried in a while, and usually it's for a good reason. You have to push me to that point. I think the last two time were at youth events and other people are crying there... I really can't stand crying people. Thats one of those things I hate. It's fine if you cry for a reason, but I've found people cry over frivolous things... There goes my Ictylan again...

ARW_AS
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Jun 2006, 6:15 am

There are far more shameful things the male can do apart from crying....worrying about his straightners for example, should he dare to own any in the first place.

legionnaire
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Jun 2006, 1:38 pm

Some crying along with other emoshons is also a sign that you are in a healthy state of mind.

ericmc783
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Jun 2006, 1:54 am

i am kinda the opposite of some of you. i was born and raised in this pop culture where men arent supposed to cry, ever, especially in public. i think a lot of that comes from the olden days, where it was the man who worked and only worked outside the home and women never had jobs, so it was always the man who was the breadwinner, but anyway, men of ancient generations kinda taught themselves to never show any emotions EVER in public, even more that slight happiness, because doing so would show other men a sign of weakness and vulnerability; vulnerability that it to theft and murder and the possibility of someone stealing your girl and stuff like that. especially in the old "western" like society in the 1800s where every man carried pistols and men shooting each other and getting killed in duels was like an everyday occurance.

but yeah obviously things are different today. i sometimes feel like i need to cry but cant, ever, no matter how hard i try. its weird. so yeah, my anger and sadness comes out in different ways.

*sigh* i really wish i could just let it out and cry sometimes.

Baz

29 Jun 2006, 4:31 am

I cry atleast once a week nowadays ever since i've diagnosed myself as different. When i speak about my problems it feels like i'm on the verge of tears, which is kind of embarrasing when i'm talking to a male or even to my doctor. Sometimes i cry if i did/said something i regret or if i said something stupid.

Xuincherguixe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2006, 12:29 pm

While I don't cry, I'm not unemotional. Nor do I think it's something that should be looked down on in others.

In myself though is another story. I'm pretty jaded too.

I look at situations in the context of if I was in a similar one, how would I want to be treated? When people are feeling down, I let them know that I give a damn about it. I wish I could do more usaully, but generally it's the best I can do.

fernando
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2006, 3:01 pm

I love crying, I try to do it every chance I get (which isn't more than once a year sadly), it's just great to feel so vulnerable and let your emotions out.. :cry:

Anubis612
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Jul 2006, 3:57 pm

I used to be extremely sensitive in my younger years, and I cried a fair deal (Most certainly more than the average male). Now I tend to cry less, but to say I don't do so still would be a lie, though it has been a while.