My apologies to the Wrong Planet community

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

starstuffing
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Dec 2010, 9:44 am

Though it seemed to be in vain, just wanted to thank Nuujinn and a few of the others for their support. I apologise to any of the folk on here who got cought up in the recent wikipedia cross-fire, I seriously under-estimated the nature of the beast. I've done my dash with wikipedia and thus won't partake again,

Admittedly I did use it for a little self promotion, but never thought I'd be treated as a drunken criminal for doing such a thing. I guess we all try in life to get ahead of the curve, I had just put a foot wrong, and have learned the hard way. It's been a hard blow to the head, for such a small thing. I genuinely thought if one station could do it, so could I. After ten years of hard work, I didn't think having a little something in return would be considered such a bad thing.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2010, 1:22 pm

I must have missed something.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2010, 2:44 pm

What happened? I'm confused.

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2010, 6:05 pm

I had no idea there was any problem with that and the WP Community. I must of missed it too.

Your Aspie score: 167 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 35 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie.

starstuffing
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Dec 2010, 7:01 am

Sorry for the confusion, It's a very long story, so I'll keep it in point form for easier consumption.

1. After several years of unemployment, I started a radio station sight in the late nineties.
2. Through the norties, the site grew, and they were some test broadcasts with audio on demand programming.
3. In 2007, I started doing some live broadcasting from the internet radio site.
4. A documentary of my asperger's went to air in 2008.
5. Coupled with this, and more live tests from my radio station, I got some press coverage.
6. With a number of good sources, I was able to get a Wikipedia article up about myself, and my radio station. Both articles, and a third link all sat on wikipedia unchallenged for over eleven months.
7. About a week ago, in the space of a few hours, all three items about me and my station on wikipedia were proposed for deletion.
8. Not knowing why they all were proposed for deletion at once, I thought there was a personal attack involved, possibly from a rival radio station, but had no idea how to deal with it, I had a meltdown, I messed up abit, and then sorted assistance from some wrong planetariums.
9. I think they came across and defended my case as possible, as best they could, as the whole point of wikipedia is to be mutual, and not related to the subject.
10. As much as they batted for me, all three articles were deleted.

So in that context, I just wanted to thank those who went in to bat for me, that it was greatly appreciated. Going through one of the discussion pages, one of the members on here got quite a blasting from one of those self important wiki-admins. So again, just wanted to thank those who help me out of this, as for them it would been a harrowing experience for them as well.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2010, 3:00 pm

I accept your apology.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2010, 3:42 am

Now I remember. Sounds like everything worked out for you. Glad to hear it.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

19 Dec 2010, 5:55 am

I still dont get why you are appologizing :?: I dont see from what you said what you done wrong