Creative Ideas for a Mail and Key Holder?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2011, 12:56 pm

The snow melted yesterday. I had to turn the heat off and the AC on. Now it's raining and I want to do something colorful and creative.

I bought one of those cheap wooden made in China mail holders with 3 seperate slots and 3 key holder hooks at the bottom. It's so cheap looking, I thought I would sand it down and paint it. But I don't know what to paint on it or even what colors to use.

I'm going to be eventually moving from living in an apartment in Virginia and home in Arizona to living in a big Airstream or Argosy travel trailer most of the time or half of the time. I thought this mail/key holder would be something practical to use to help keep things organized in a small space. The interior design of my travel trailer is going to be a mixture of French Country, Russian Folk and Old Gypsy with a splash of Nautical/Sea Themes but mostly in the bathroom.

I'm asking you for your ideas of how to paint and or decorate it. :?:

I have tubs full of tubes of paint and I can make any color, I have containers full of paint brushes and I'm up to my ying yang in beads of different colors and sizes, also have assorted fabric from around the World and silk flowers to die for. I even have a synthetic non-firing clay from Italy to create any embellishments I might add.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

TaupeyAna

Your Aspie score: 167 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 35 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie.

jagatai
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2011, 1:08 pm

I have a fairly absurd take on reality so my suggestion is to paint it to exactly match the background, thus making it hard to see. I want to buy a house and then paint the front with a photo-realistic painting of a vacant, weedy lot. Is this why I keep getting chased out of town by crowds with pitchforks and torches?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2011, 1:23 pm

If I was living in a house, I'd paint my mail box in such a way that it would look like a red brick. Passer bys would wonder why I have a brick on my post.

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2011, 4:36 pm

jagatai wrote:
I have a fairly absurd take on reality so my suggestion is to paint it to exactly match the background, thus making it hard to see. I want to buy a house and then paint the front with a photo-realistic painting of a vacant, weedy lot. Is this why I keep getting chased out of town by crowds with pitchforks and torches?
:lmao: ha haaha ha...

CockneyRebel wrote:
If I was living in a house, I'd paint my mail box in such a way that it would look like a red brick. Passer bys would wonder why I have a brick on my post.
:D

These are great ideas, Thank You Guys. :thumleft:

Your Aspie score: 167 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 35 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie.