Page 1 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Hydrant
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

User avatar

Joined: 30 Dec 2010
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 44

06 Jan 2011, 9:23 pm

PETA is dumb. Plants are alive too. If they are going to complain about eating from animals, how about they go to a diet of rocks and minerals? Wait. They couldn't survive that way. You have to eat from living things.



astaut
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Sep 2009
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,777
Location: Southeast US

06 Jan 2011, 10:04 pm

Quote:
If they are going to complain about eating from animals


Why is this limited to just PETA, not all people who think eating animals isn't okay? :? On a side note...I know someone who doesn't eat root vegetables for this reason (plants feel pain too).


_________________
After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true.
--Spock


mimsy123
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2010
Age: 39
Gender: Female
Posts: 197

06 Jan 2011, 10:17 pm

You know, I once heard about someone who went so vegan they stopped eating yeast because it's alive.


_________________
Damn good, bloody good, damn good job.


PanoramaIsland
Raven
Raven

User avatar

Joined: 4 Jan 2011
Age: 33
Gender: Female
Posts: 110
Location: San Francisco, CA, USA

06 Jan 2011, 11:29 pm

Hydrant wrote:
PETA is dumb. Plants are alive too. If they are going to complain about eating from animals, how about they go to a diet of rocks and minerals? Wait. They couldn't survive that way. You have to eat from living things.


Veganism is a valid life choice that can be based on sophisticated philosophical motives and honest internal searching.
PETA, on the other hand, is an idiotic, hypocritical organization that gives vegans and animal rights activists a bad name with their stunt tactics, poor treatment of animals (oh, the irony!) and offensive ad campaigns.

They make me particularly angry because their cause is a valid one - but they go about it with the mentality of 3-year-olds. I'm a vegetarian, and they give all of us a bad name.


_________________
"Bababadalgharaghtakamminarronnkonnbronntonneronntuonnthunntrovarrhounawnskawntoohoohoordenenthurnuk." - James Joyce


CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2004
Age: 46
Gender: Male
Posts: 102,154
Location: In a quiet and peaceful garden where Mick Avory-like Sweet Peas grow

07 Jan 2011, 12:12 am

That organization makes me want to enjoy a Prime Rib and a tall glass of milk.


_________________
Mick

Kanye West 2024

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26&start=645


Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2010
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,582
Location: tennessee

07 Jan 2011, 12:13 am

Nope, bread isn't very smart :P


_________________
七転び八起き


yope
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

User avatar

Joined: 2 Dec 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 7

07 Jan 2011, 7:14 am

Lace-Bane wrote:
Nope, bread isn't very smart :P


LOL



MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Jan 2009
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Posts: 9,896
Location: Stoke, England (sometimes :P)

07 Jan 2011, 9:12 am

mimsy123 wrote:
You know, I once heard about someone who went so vegan they stopped eating yeast because it's alive.


Whaaaaaaa? 8O
Even PETA members would find that silly.

I'm quite tempted to go to a PETA meeting and start plucking a chicken.
Sometimes they have good ideas like wanting to ban animal circuses but they are mental cases when it comes to food. I think a chicken would have a much harder time being savaged to death by a tiger or something than instantly killed by a farmer chopping its head off.
The only animal I wouldn't eat though would be one that's endangered and it's endangered status was a result of human activity or one that's very closely related to us.


_________________
What film do atheists watch on Christmas?
Coincidence on 34th street.


Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Jul 2004
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 42,144
Location: Houston, Texas

07 Jan 2011, 9:15 am

PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals


_________________
Who’s better at math than a robot? They’re made of math!


MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Jan 2009
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Posts: 9,896
Location: Stoke, England (sometimes :P)

07 Jan 2011, 9:17 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals


PETA = Pets Eating Tasty Activists :P


_________________
What film do atheists watch on Christmas?
Coincidence on 34th street.


DaWalker
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jul 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,837

07 Jan 2011, 9:20 am

MONKEY wrote:
PETA = Pets Eating Tasty Activists :P


:wtg:



Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Oct 2010
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,299

07 Jan 2011, 9:55 am

I'm a class 5 vegan. I won't eat anything that casts a shadow.



MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Jan 2009
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Posts: 9,896
Location: Stoke, England (sometimes :P)

07 Jan 2011, 10:02 am

Genius.


_________________
What film do atheists watch on Christmas?
Coincidence on 34th street.


Anicho
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 22 May 2008
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 184
Location: Goulburn Murray, Victoria, Australia

07 Jan 2011, 10:22 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
That organization makes me want to enjoy a Prime Rib and a tall glass of milk.

You sir are insensitive.

MONKEY wrote:
mimsy123 wrote:
You know, I once heard about someone who went so vegan they stopped eating yeast because it's alive.


Whaaaaaaa? 8O
Even PETA members would find that silly.

I'm quite tempted to go to a PETA meeting and start plucking a chicken.
Sometimes they have good ideas like wanting to ban animal circuses but they are mental cases when it comes to food. I think a chicken would have a much harder time being savaged to death by a tiger or something than instantly killed by a farmer chopping its head off.
The only animal I wouldn't eat though would be one that's endangered and it's endangered status was a result of human activity or one that's very closely related to us.

Insensitive.

Tim_Tex wrote:
PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals

Insensitive

MONKEY wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals


PETA = Pets Eating Tasty Activists :P

Insensitive, once again.

I didn't know aspies are so insensitive to not know how still could be offensive? I wonder if this disqualifies my diagnosis, the mockery of this organisation that wants to raise awareness for a moral and ethical cause!



MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Jan 2009
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Posts: 9,896
Location: Stoke, England (sometimes :P)

07 Jan 2011, 10:28 am

Hey, I did say that PETA do have good ideas regarding some issues, including animals in circuses, factory farms and the like.
Disagreeing with a certain militant organisation does not make anyone insensitive. If we want to make fun of them there's no stopping us.
And BTW you called cockneyrebel sir, she's female.


_________________
What film do atheists watch on Christmas?
Coincidence on 34th street.


DaWalker
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jul 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,837

07 Jan 2011, 11:01 am

MONKEY wrote:
And BTW you called cockneyrebel sir, she's female.
+1
Insensitivity Squared :lol: