Page 1200 of 2525 [ 40397 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1197, 1198, 1199, 1200, 1201, 1202, 1203 ... 2525  Next

caffeinekid
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Dec 2017, 4:54 pm

DataB4 wrote:
^Interesting. That seems hard for me to imagine, maybe too far in the future? I'm not sure. I'm thinking of the services economy also, that even automation requires upkeep. So even if we had, say, automated farmers and miners, or some other process to get food and raw materials, I have a hard time seeing them lose economic value enough for them to be part of our basic standard of living without work. But then, I suppose in the old days, people said that about, say, clean drinking water, in places where it's now freely available.

For an example look at farming. Less than a century ago practically all jobs were farm jobs, by percentage, and now it's a minute fraction of people.

http://www.cityam.com/271806/decline-fa ... rys-lesson

That was just one "industry" that was disrupted, but with big data and the emergence of AI and self teaching/self learning systems a LOT of jobs are going to be footnotes in the history books. People won't be allowed to drive cars as they are dangerous on the roads compared to self-driving cars (maybe 20 years away tops), and when vechicles are automated what do you do with all the 1000s and 1000s of truck drivers and uber/taxi drivers?

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2017, 6:38 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
TheSilentOne wrote:
I'm going to fail Child Psych, I just know it. I tried, I really did. I just don't want to be told I can't stay in school due to low grades. I'm trying but everything is just so hard. I just don't know what I will do if I can't go to school anymore.

Go to office hours every time.

Thank you and thanks for the kitty hugs, Kura! I was doing great in the course until I had a medical emergency and missed a few classes and a test. I really hope I can make up the test, but I don't think I will be allowed to. I wrote a good final paper, but I have trouble structuring them and he is so particular about that and he gives zeroes if they aren't formatted properly. I tried.

I guess if school doesn't work out (I feel like I'm not really college material anyways :| ) I can just get a hold of the disability services here and see if they can find me a job I can do.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2017, 7:16 pm

^Don't let anyone pressure you into doing something you don't want to do. :heart:

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2017, 7:31 pm

Choose the destiny which you feel more comfortable with^^

[b]Currently thinking that I hopefully do well at university? :( :(

elbowgrease
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2017, 7:52 pm

Really confused by a friend of mine yesterday. Just not sure what to think, and trying not to think about it.
And so, of course, I'm obsessing over it.

Also wondering if someone's comments are directed at me or if they just have a specific ongoing theme.

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2017, 8:04 pm

considering watching a scary movie

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2017, 8:06 pm

^Eek! :o I don't like scary things. <Yet I have all 27 volumes of Claymore on my shelf...>

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2017, 9:06 pm

elbowgrease wrote:
Really confused by a friend of mine yesterday. Just not sure what to think, and trying not to think about it.

I know the feeling unfortunately. The thoughts and the feelings and more thoughts feeding each other.

MariaTheFictionkin
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2017, 9:50 pm

Wondering how my friend in Canada is doing right now.

SplendidSnail
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2017, 9:51 pm

Why are my back and neck sore right now?

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2017, 9:53 pm

Snails are awesome.

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2017, 9:53 pm

elbowgrease wrote:

Also wondering if someone's comments are directed at me or if they just have a specific ongoing theme.

Don't let it get to you.

Syd
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2017, 10:09 pm

SplendidSnail wrote:
Why are my back and neck sore right now?

Maybe from carrying that shell around all day.

elbowgrease
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2017, 10:17 pm

It will all be alright.
Just ridiculously confusing with my friend.
Which will also be alright.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2017, 2:44 am

Well, more drama not for your mama at the condoplex. Mary's husband said what happened with the election didn't bother him, but he fibbed. Today Mary said that he wants her to get ahold of the same attorney I used who canceled that Special Meeting of mine to see if he will help him contest the election. He said he totally believes that it was rigged. He had the most proxy votes and everyone got on except him. What a bunch of crap. I hope that attorney can do something cause then it would knock off one of them and the whole community would know they lied and the management company covered it up. Please Jesus, let it be so! If Mary's husband did get on the Board, all hell would break loose. No telling what would happen.

I told you that Mary was worried about our neighbor trying to kill us. Now Mary's husband even let the people at work know what is going on in case that guy does do something. I'm worried because several times when you go by his door he opens it real quick and he could push you down the stairs and no one would know. He knows when I leave for work and I have to go right by his door. He's just waiting for Mary. The day before, she came outside her door and he must have heard and been waiting cause he came out at the same time and watched her every move. If he decides to do something, you can't stop him. I wish I could get out of here.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2017, 6:00 am

to me the back of froya's head evokes יעל כהן.

MariaTheFictionkin wrote:
Wondering how my friend in Canada is doing right now.

wondering how my friend in croatia is doing right now.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.