Page 1336 of 2524 [ 40379 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1333, 1334, 1335, 1336, 1337, 1338, 1339 ... 2524  Next

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2018, 9:07 am

Seriously, they need a tiebreak in the fifth set of Wimbledon and other Major championships desperately! Are they waiting for someone to drop dead before they make a change?

hobojungle
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2018, 9:31 am

Fantasy bond.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2018, 11:26 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
GOD, AHY THE f**k CANT I JUsT FEEL GOOD ABOUT MYSELF *ON MY OWN* FOR TEN FUCKIGN SEOCNSS

NO MATTER WHAT I DO OR SAY OR THINK??????

WHY DO I HAVE TO BE LIKE THIS?????

GOD DAMNIT!! ! ! ! !

(((KIP)))

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2018, 2:29 pm

If my new job doesn't work out too, i'm going to confess to my mom everything.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2018, 2:50 pm

EzraS wrote:
I wonder if the little grey men with the big black eyes will come visit me again tonight.

cool. do tell.

SentientPotato
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2018, 3:04 pm

DataB4 wrote:
SentientPotato wrote:
I wonder how different I'd be if I never actually used the internet as a method of communication with people I'll likely never meet face-to-face.

OMG the Internet has been such a big part of my world, so I'm sure I'd be different without it. I've had amazing Internet discussions, I've discovered I'm not alone in so many ways, I've made some close friends, and there are times in my life when chatting online made my life a thousand times better. I could go on.

I used to feel that way, but... ever since losing a second major friendship things aren't quite what they once were, and I wonder what it is I've actually accomplished. I am so far behind everyone else, it's ridiculous.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2018, 3:07 pm

You have accomplishments, I'm sure, Mr. Fixit Man.

I've lost a few friendships myself; and they haven't always been my fault.

I feel concrete accomplishments sometimes are even more substantive than abstract accomplishments.

If you fix things well, you're doing pretty well. I don't fix anything---so I'm not doing so well.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2018, 4:12 pm

Forklift

Power tools

Saw
Hammer

Screwdriver

Hacksaw

Power tools

Design

Skull

Riffraff

Unicycle

Superstition

Jinx

Scapegoat

Stereotype

Misconception

:skull: clients inspecting psychotherapists notes :skull:

HIPAA

Missing the point

Taking too much credit

Financial reparations

:mrgreen: moving forward in "life" :twisted:

Mind reading

Telepathic

Psychic

Stalker

Giving too much blame

Keeping a distance

Dead end job

Military

Combat MOS

Red tape

Lost opportunity

Clown

Power

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2018, 4:13 pm

Here's a totally random question, which I'll throw to the wind:

Can anyone recommend a good book light for night time reading that is autism / sensory friendly? I have been reading with a string of little faerie lights on my lap and across my books at night because I can't tolerate ceiling lights, floor lamps or traditional reading lights (the clamp type). I have considerable difficulty with LED light but I want something full spectrum without being too bright, or casting shadows. I'd prefer something that I can just have on my lap rather than on a desk, etc., so that I can move it as needed.

There are so many products designed with sensory processing disorder in mind (heavy blankets, chew toys, etc), but I can't find any good yet soft reading light. I'm going blind with my faerie lights at night.

Thanks in advance.
Isabella 8)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2018, 4:21 pm

Do you find accounts of autism "autism friendly?"

I am going to recommend "Elijah's Cup." It's about an autistic little boy who is "classic" when younger, but more "Aspergian" as he gets older.

This was sort of my profile.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2018, 11:52 pm

There are so many hate groups and they seem worse than ever. Ever since you-know-who got elected, you hear more and more about murders committed out of hatred and nothing else. But there don't seem to be any love groups, that tolerate and embrace all kinds of different people. How sad. :( I guess humans really are naturally evil. :x

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2018, 12:17 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
There are so many hate groups and they seem worse than ever. Ever since you-know-who got elected, you hear more and more about murders committed out of hatred and nothing else. But there don't seem to be any love groups, that tolerate and embrace all kinds of different people. How sad. :( I guess humans really are naturally evil. :x

80% of people are decent human beings. we just rarely make the news.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2018, 5:50 pm

Even fire is giving me the finger.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2018, 9:32 pm

The current counselor had the nerve to tell me that "the ideal job for you, is one where you do not have to learn a lot of things".

After I told the counselor that the previous boss (singular) said "the women (or "woman") said you were learning too slowly".

Wtf?

On those three days, one or two women allegedly claimed that I learned company software too slowly

Wespac company

The world contains three Wespac buildings. Nowhere else, does anyone take Wespac software.

Says nothing about how slowly I do Schwartz software

Says nothing about the next day

The instruction method could have been flawed. Or, the method might not have been suited for my :lol: learning style :evil:

Nobody measured the rate I worked at

:D

Besides, a neuropsychiatrist administered an IQ test. Weschler WAIS. When I was 21. He said that I didn't have a learning :heart: difference :skull: , but if I had one it would be Non Verbal Learning Disorder :skull:

He said that I was too far along in Math to get NVLD diagnosis

The counselor made it sound like I had a learning difference

Besides not everyone works at their :skull: ideal job :skull:

The statement (first paragraph in this post) could be correct. (And I am not great at learning. But Theory of Multiple Intelligences and globalization) :skull:

The ideal job for me is not academically, vocationally, physically, socially, emotionally difficult. It is one where mistakes do not matter :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester:

For example,

Psychotherapist :heart: :skull:

:D

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2018, 11:17 am

Finding the means to help people learn to secure the home computers from everything pertaining to viruses,spam,Trojans, etc

elbowgrease
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2018, 7:39 pm

The amazing and overwhelming apparent futility of everything.