Page 720 of 2549 [ 40772 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 717, 718, 719, 720, 721, 722, 723 ... 2549  Next

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2016, 1:34 pm

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2016, 1:52 pm

kazanscube wrote:
TheSilentOne wrote:
I have a job interview tomorrow. I really want this job and I think it would be an ideal position for me, but I'm pretty bad at interviews. Crossing my fingers that I get it.

Hey don't worry too much you'll be okay, as I've never done well in interviews, in fact I'd wish there was an alternative to job interviews for autistic people.

Thank you :) I wish there was an alternative too. For this particular job, there was nowhere to mention if I have a disability on the application, unfortunately. If I don't get it, it's not the end of the world.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2016, 1:54 pm

^I'm cheering for you! :cheers:

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2016, 1:54 pm

I understand TheSilentOne. I'ma aware in the states that there is some companies that have on their form voluntary declaration of disability on such as it pertains to the job application form

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2016, 2:09 pm

Kuraudo777 wrote:

Their all so pretty, and that poor Eevee is just confused as to what to pick. Cute!♥︎.♥︎

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2016, 3:37 pm

Thinking of ways to convince my family to let me invite not only my GF, but her roommate to our house for dinner.

Anyone have any ideas? :wink:

Uncle
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2016, 3:38 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Thinking of ways to convince my family to let me invite not only my GF, but her roommate to our house for dinner.

Have you simply tried asking? :)

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2016, 3:39 pm

I can't see why there would be any problems with such.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2016, 3:45 pm

Well...I've never been in any relationships in the past because my family has never allowed it, therefore if I asked, I'll worry that my family would start stalking not only my GF, but also her roommate.

Example:

Me: "Uh Mom...can I invite someone I know for dinner?"

My Mom: "You know you can't. You need to ask me first."

Me: "I just did!"

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2016, 3:47 pm

I come with Internet Cookies,

(They don't haven anything... odd in them lol)

That is the cleanest I have ever left my kitchen after cooking.

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2016, 3:48 pm

Well...I've never been in any relationships in the past because my family has never allowed it, therefore if I asked, I'll worry that my family would start stalking not only my GF, but also her roommate.

Example:

Why would your family consider to stalk your girlfriend?

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2016, 3:49 pm

dcj123 wrote:
I come with Internet Cookies,

(They don't haven anything... odd in them lol)

That is the cleanest I have ever left my kitchen after cooking.

That is funny, for there is no tracking elements in such.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2016, 3:52 pm

kazanscube wrote:

Example:

IDK. Maybe I am just overreacting. :?

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2016, 3:55 pm

kazanscube wrote:

Example:

IDK. Maybe I am just overreacting. :?

Do your best Brother AnonymousAnonymous

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2016, 4:11 pm

Having a hard time getting over one of my patients dying last night. It was a little unexpected and happened fast. His name was George. His wife's name was Mary Lou. George and Mary Lou. Mary Lou reminds me of Mary Lou Who from Whoville. It's been a long time since I have seen a death. I have only had one other patient death in my whole 15 yrs of nursing and that one had looked like a possible suicide. Even though George was what we call a "trainwreck" with a poor prognosis, I still somehow feel like I let him down. I keep going over if there was something else that I could have done different. I called a rapid response and they wondered why I had done that because his vitals were ok, but his respirations were fast. I just had a feeling. He and his wife decided that he wanted to be a DNR and then he was gone 15 min later - just that quick. It takes a death to bring back how precious life is. George was there one minute and gone the next. A hollow shell with his mouth still open - I kept expecting him to say something or to see some facial expression, but nothing moved anymore. No chest moving, eyes half open, like he was frozen in time. It was odd. It takes seeing a death that reminds me that there is a God. Life is too miraculous to have just happened by accident.

Goodbye George. I was blessed to have known you.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Uncle
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2016, 4:19 pm

nurseangela wrote:
Having a hard time getting over one of my patients dying last night. It was a little unexpected and happened fast. His name was George. His wife's name was Mary Lou. George and Mary Lou. Mary Lou reminds me of Mary Lou Who from Whoville. It's been a long time since I have seen a death. I have only had one other patient death in my whole 15 yrs of nursing and that one had looked like a possible suicide. Even though George was what we call a "trainwreck" with a poor prognosis, I still somehow feel like I let him down. I keep going over if there was something else that I could have done different. I called a rapid response and they wondered why I had done that because his vitals were ok, but his respirations were fast. I just had a feeling. He and his wife decided that he wanted to be a DNR and then he was gone 15 min later - just that quick. It takes a death to bring back how precious life is. George was there one minute and gone the next. A hollow shell with his mouth still open - I kept expecting him to say something or to see some facial expression, but nothing moved anymore. No chest moving, eyes half open, like he was frozen in time. It was odd. It takes seeing a death that reminds me that there is a God. Life is too miraculous to have just happened by accident.

Goodbye George. I was blessed to have known you.

I am sorry to hear that nurseangela! My thoughts are with you! It never is a nice thing to experience, i have witnessed such things on numerous occasions and have often felt the same way, What could i have done better!?.. I think this is a totally normal reaction and you were only able to do the best of your ability with what you had at the time!
I also had an outer body experience some years ago on the operating table. lets just say the operation didnt go quit according to plan and as a result experienced something that only few witness... Lets just say without irrefutable evidence, there indeed might be something more out there ;)