Page 2232 of 2526 [ 40407 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2229, 2230, 2231, 2232, 2233, 2234, 2235 ... 2526  Next

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2022, 6:02 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

Search engines often use so called smart search technology, which uses cookies to formulate infographics, which in turn influences search results.

Google probably associates witchcraft folk with Trump haters (maybe as a percentage of a large number of folk, that may be true)?

But now there's this annoying trend where people who openly practice wicca, witchcraft, or neopaganism are being accused of being racist and commiting 'cultural appropriation' for taking ideas from other practices or wanting to work with deities that aren't strictly part of their own cultural heritage (as if the Gods of our world ever really gave a s**t...)

These witchy groups have all turned very toxic lately thanks to politics.

It's gotten so very absurd lately! It's kinda like how many of these Christian Churches embraced Trumpism. If these New Age spiritual groups keep up with this kind of political extremism they're just going to destroy their own movement by alienating people like me who come to them seeking a healthy alternative to those Abrahamic religions.

That's why I always try to practice my own beliefs alone now and figure out the facts from the BS when i do research. Humans really do f**k up everything during times like these.

Yeah, politics has a habit of turning things sour, doesn't it? People get offended at anything! :D

Indeed they do. Nothing in this world is safe from politics. :lol:

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2022, 7:21 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

Search engines often use so called smart search technology, which uses cookies to formulate infographics, which in turn influences search results.

Google probably associates witchcraft folk with Trump haters (maybe as a percentage of a large number of folk, that may be true)?

But now there's this annoying trend where people who openly practice wicca, witchcraft, or neopaganism are being accused of being racist and commiting 'cultural appropriation' for taking ideas from other practices or wanting to work with deities that aren't strictly part of their own cultural heritage (as if the Gods of our world ever really gave a s**t...)

These witchy groups have all turned very toxic lately thanks to politics.

It's gotten so very absurd lately! It's kinda like how many of these Christian Churches embraced Trumpism. If these New Age spiritual groups keep up with this kind of political extremism they're just going to destroy their own movement by alienating people like me who come to them seeking a healthy alternative to those Abrahamic religions.

That's why I always try to practice my own beliefs alone now and figure out the facts from the BS when i do research. Humans really do f**k up everything during times like these.

Yeah, politics has a habit of turning things sour, doesn't it? People get offended at anything! :D

Indeed they do. Nothing in this world is safe from politics. :lol:

It's one of the sad things about social media. Gone are the days where you can just mindlessly post & have a laugh.... there are a lot of angry, sad people on social media who just want to have a pop at somebody under the guise of being politically correct.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2022, 11:26 pm

I may invest in a light alarm. I'll order one as soon as I'm not satisfied with an app version.

Because loud alarms doesn't seem so effective for me. Waking up with it just makes it more painful and heavier to get up.

Puts on snooze, ends up having awakening dreams, gets disrupted, repeat.
Until I'm almost late. :lol: 15 mins or less to wash myself, eat and travel to work.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Doberdoofus
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2022, 11:51 pm

Don't be so eager to be offended. The narcissism of small differences leads to the most boring kind of conformity.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2022, 12:24 am

Doberdoofus wrote:

I watched a bit of the video.

On a side note - the video inspired me to think that people really have gone down a rabbit hole of sorts when they begin 'hating' on certain people on social media, merely because of some obscure, abstract differing of opinion on some matter.

It all seems very juvenile.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2022, 2:50 am

Happy Anniversary to me.

:|

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2022, 3:51 am

I am less certain than ever that you were mistreated the way I was. I wish you could tell me, and maybe I could stop worrying about it. Or did you never figure out that the oddness of it all was intentional? It took me a long time to figure that out.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2022, 5:28 am

Someone I know has a pet rat named Headache. Who would call a pet Headache? :lol: :lol:

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2022, 6:53 am

Since I don't actually have a habit of recycling, failing to recycle stuff I hoarded, and only recycle plastic containers and cartons so far...

I'll just reduce. And refuse. And refuse more.

Before turning 28, I need to get it together.
It doesn't have to be out there, it could just mean I'm starting it at home.

It has to match my habits and behaviors, not whatever fancy idea I have. It has to assist my quality of life, not some temporary high.

But humans are not good at predicting the future.

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2022, 2:04 pm

Need a killers gig.

Radish
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2022, 2:10 pm

^ 8O

Your mate wants a word...

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2022, 8:53 pm

Mmm, it be Christmas tomorrow!

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2022, 9:08 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Someone I know has a pet rat named Headache. Who would call a pet Headache? :lol: :lol:

I share your questioning of a name like that for a pet.

Worthless
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2022, 9:31 pm

This arctic cold

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2022, 5:23 am

Covid-19 progress journal: Day 2

Had pretty good dream last night, but now suffering from a very sore throat. Had some frogs in my throat, and coughed so hard I almost puked. :eew:

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2022, 9:20 am

MAYBE I should get drunk. For my mom. On the surface, it's what she wants and I'm just going along with it for humour's sake.

And then give her a piece of my mind. How I feel, what I think, and all the things unsaid.

But I don't know.
Would that be worth it though?

It's one thing that she wouldn't leave me behind or anything for any reason.
It's another to hurt with it.