Page 1691 of 2528 [ 40447 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1688, 1689, 1690, 1691, 1692, 1693, 1694 ... 2528  Next

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2019, 12:05 pm

Edna3362 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
blazingstar wrote:
Why do aspies find it more interesting to bash each other politically instead of thinking, learning and being rational?

that is a blessed good question. :scratch:

Based on my experience and observation; it's mainly about favoring reactivity as opposed to actually pause to think, learn, and tackle it rationally in order to defend their logic, own ideas and beliefs.

I see that in NTs and understand it is part of the way their brain functioned. I thought aspies would be more thoughtful. Or, Edna, does it have to do with bullying? Aspies were bullied and so that's what they do in political discussions. Whoever is loudest and snarkiest wins? Is it a part of American culture? Perhaps it is an expression of American free speech.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2019, 12:52 pm

blazingstar wrote:
Edna3362 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
blazingstar wrote:
Why do aspies find it more interesting to bash each other politically instead of thinking, learning and being rational?

that is a blessed good question. :scratch:

Based on my experience and observation; it's mainly about favoring reactivity as opposed to actually pause to think, learn, and tackle it rationally in order to defend their logic, own ideas and beliefs.

I see that in NTs and understand it is part of the way their brain functioned. I thought aspies would be more thoughtful. Or, Edna, does it have to do with bullying? Aspies were bullied and so that's what they do in political discussions. Whoever is loudest and snarkiest wins? Is it a part of American culture? Perhaps it is an expression of American free speech.

Not sure myself...
But I do know is that it's not exclusively American.
My country is very reactive -- collectively reactive. That's why when you post something Filipino on the net somewhere, they come swarming. :twisted:

It's not really about free speech, it might've been something more psychological play thing to catch those with opposing arguments in order to provoke reactivity.
It can be gratifying for someone to pull it off, some understands this and thinks it's fun -- and both opposing parties can appreciate it. And yes, aspies are no exceptions.

'Free speech' is more of a breading ground for a very overt and therefore more provocative psych play as opposed to a more censored culture ones that needs more subtleties.
Some aspies appreciates this type of thing, some are just too sensitive to join in, and some flatout don't.

And this is a forum full of autistics from various parts of the world, along with varying verbal abilities, circumstances, preferences and other issues they've been through -- where the contexts of being literal and non literal gets blurry unless you have enough verbal ability or some accustomed context to catch what's being inserted between the lines, what is not, and if there were any attempts to do so.

But yeah, loudest and snarkiest is one angle on terms of effects of bullying, certain sensitivities, or just human upping one another for whatever reason.

Fastest to answer even might've been a root of favoring reactivity, as how debates in real life works not really exclusively on effects of bullying nor personal expressions...

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2019, 2:09 pm

I wonder if 'pul-seh' is how Indian English would pronounce 'pulse'. I should ask my coworker if I was wrong when I offhandedly 'corrected' him. :?

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2019, 4:48 pm

Thanks, Edna. I have learned a lot in that post to think about. :heart:

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2019, 4:59 pm

I am thinking about leaving this place again. I can’t stand the people who dislike me still posting and how I can’t prove them wrong.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2019, 5:12 pm

Making sure I don't have an anxiety meltdown in part because my mom guilt-tripped me for choosing to finish homework for my Spanish class instead of going with her to the store to buy groceries.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2019, 5:16 pm

Marknis wrote:
I am thinking about leaving this place again. I can’t stand the people who dislike me still posting and how I can’t prove them wrong.

Why do they matter? How many of them can prove you wrong about observations you've made regarding their shortcomings? Why let judgmental people define what you get to participate in - especially when they're mostly miserable fuck-ups? Like, not to suggest you're obliged to stay if you really feel this place is just a crab bucket, but understanding that crab mentality and how it traps you goes a long way towards limiting the it's ability to hold you down.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2019, 6:15 pm

I was browsing my e-mails from 10 years ago, which I never look at. It looks like I was very proactive in searching for work and volunteer roles, more than I remember. There's even a few e-mails from a police officer constantly teasing me cos she rung me up late morning when I was fast asleep, lol, it was pretty funny!

I need to be proactive again.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2019, 6:33 pm

Job interview Monday. Restaurant. Dishwasher. Train and bus. Too far away.

Hiring event next week. PetSmart. Afraid of dogs. But not too many angry customers.

Job interview Tuesday. Went Wednesday. Penis had the nerve to tell me that I was wearing jeans and tennis shoes :roll: . "Don't judge a book by the cover"

State farm phone interview Wednesday

Nutra grain bar

Mozzarella cheese string cheese

Delicious cheap s**t

50 minutes for bowel movement. Felt incomplete. Strained . Rocks.

Tried and failed at lamp store and wine cellar.

Nobody bothered me

Felt guilty and ashamed s**t

Should have gone to Concord or San Bruno

Walnut Creek PetSmart. Have not gone there yet

Etchiverri kept pressuring me to take Wellbutrin

Seizures

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2019, 6:35 pm

Hoping this place my therapist mentioned works out. I'm kind of worried that it doesn't mention the cost anywhere on the Web site - I'm afraid that if I have to ask, I don't want to know. Probably like the one other place we found before - meant for people who qualify for more benefits than I do and so can afford it.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2019, 7:35 pm

Substances, Krystal.
Mostly the latter.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

GonHunter
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Oct 2019, 7:40 pm

Probably not going to sleep today

martianprincess
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2019, 7:45 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Substances, Krystal.
Mostly the latter.

You mean the meth kind, right? :P

I like wild orchids and neighbors with wide orbits

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2019, 8:09 pm

Does anyone else wish Rachel and Joey ended up together, on FRIENDS ?

martianprincess
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2019, 8:17 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:

I always thought Phoebe and Joey would make a good match. :lol:

I like wild orchids and neighbors with wide orbits

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2019, 8:21 pm

martianprincess wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

I always thought Phoebe and Joey would make a good match. :lol:

I'm very much like Phoebe. People have said it all my life because I'm quirky. I love Rachel and Joey's friendship but you're right, Joey and Phoebe make sense too.