Page 1204 of 2530 [ 40476 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1201, 1202, 1203, 1204, 1205, 1206, 1207 ... 2530  Next

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2017, 10:46 pm

C2V wrote:
ZachGoodwin wrote:
C2V wrote:
DataB4 wrote:
Something about imagining a loving, accepting being who wants the best for me and all others, it brings out my best

Can't that being be yourself? That's sure to bring out the best of you. :)

I got told on Love and Dating that being yourself is terrible advice.

What's that got to do with what I wrote? :huh:

everything.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2017, 11:38 pm

ZachGoodwin wrote:
C2V wrote:
DataB4 wrote:
Something about imagining a loving, accepting being who wants the best for me and all others, it brings out my best

Can't that being be yourself? That's sure to bring out the best of you. :)

I got told on Love and Dating that being yourself is terrible advice.

Hmm C2V, yeah sort of. The point is to imagine a being who feels emotions I might not feel at the moment, like love and acceptance. It's a way to take a different perspective, imagine what that being would say if she existed. It's a little like creating a character, and in doing so, I felt more accepting of my feelings. Do you read fiction? Have you ever created a character? :)

Zach, I believe that being myself isn't bad advice as much as it is simplistic. I’d always want to be myself on a date, to be genuine. I’d also want to give them the best impression of myself that I can, and save some of the weird or difficult stuff for when we get to know and trust each other more.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2017, 12:06 am

People never realized I had a habit of making my fingers bleed by pulling off it's nails and skins.

And I still do hand crafting. :lol: Also people don't realize I stim with repetitive procedures -- they thought I'm passionate and determined. :twisted:
Nope. Actually, got bored. And I craft to think and do as kill time.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2017, 12:36 am

the thomas' fire containment reached 15% on....friday, i think, where it remained there as it grew explosively until the level went DOWN to 10% on sunday...indicating no new progress

this made me nervous, especially as the voluntary and mandatory evacuation zones creeped ever closer to my home...until now, when i can see flames from my house again, for the first time since 2009.

i obsessively check online for updates and as of now the containment is at 20%...i'm hopeful

the air SEEMS cleaner, ash wasn't falling like snow this evening and it didn't smell thickly of smoke but i know that's just because the actual blaze is next door.

for f***s sake give us some precipitation. we're going to have firefighting on christmas.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2017, 3:24 am

It sort of bothers me that I've known my IRL best friend since before we were in kindergarten. Sure, we've went a few years without seeing each other and even now we only get to see each other once a month, but we still talk online quite a bit. And the strip mall the that has the ballet studio we met in has been shut down for years and is being sceduled to be torn down. Can somebody make time not fly so fast? I mean, seriously! I want us to be friends forever but once we're grown up I'm scared something's gonna happen and we won't be friends anymore. It happened to a friend my mom met in high school...

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2017, 3:35 am

i hope britte and istominfan are okay.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2017, 4:29 am

I just woke up and feel sick like I'm going to have a panic attack. I can't stop thinking about Pa. Christmas is coming and we're supposed to be having a get-together up at the house. I was OK with it at first but the closer it gets in finding myself thinking about what happened to Pa and I feel sick to my stomach. Sometimes I still think he's alive and then remember that he isn't. I had school to keep me busy and it is over just today and I now can't stop thinking about it constantly. I'm in a constant worry unless I have something to keep me busy because I'm thinking about Ma being gone and Waldo being gone. My brother isn't contacting me much which is the same as usual. I feel alone. I keep thinking about my old friends that I had to cut off too because of how awful they treated me. I keep thinking of how it used to be and why they did what they did to me. I keep thinking about what happened with the Board and my crappy neighbors. I just want Christmas to be over. Christmas used to be my most favorite holiday - not anymore. I need to get up or I'm going to start crying.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2017, 4:31 am

I didn't know Ma and Pa were "gone."

I'm sorry you feel alone this Christmas.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2017, 1:48 pm

TheSilentOne wrote:
I want to find something that would be a good job for me with my ASD. Something I can do without too many complications.

How about assistant librarian?

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2017, 1:48 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
i hope britte and istominfan are okay.

Me, too. I miss them.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2017, 3:55 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
TheSilentOne wrote:
I want to find something that would be a good job for me with my ASD. Something I can do without too many complications.

How about assistant librarian?

I wish! That would be awesome someday

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2017, 6:03 pm

That's the kind of job I might end up having one day.
Nice avatar. Is it Chi from Chobits?

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2017, 10:15 am

I absolutely hate myself and can absolutely see why everyone I have contact with feels the same. Even other autistic people don't want to have anything to do with me - which is perfectly understandable, I don't even want to be around me. So, I think I'll just give it up.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2017, 11:03 am

^I don't feel that way about you.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2017, 11:34 am

Me neither. I'm sure people like you more than you think. I hope you come to see the good things about yourself.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2017, 5:39 pm

Visiting potential places of employment that are now hiring.