Page 2020 of 2525 [ 40397 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023 ... 2525  Next

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

12 Jul 2021, 1:47 pm

AprilR wrote:
I watched the news for only 10 minutes or so and i already hate the world
I hear ya. I went through a misanthrope phase in my early & mid 20s when I was dealing with a sever depression & I've been rapidly slipping back into misanthropia over the last 4 & half years but I'm not majorly depressed this time. Politics is a major reason for that slide. That's the reason for part of my post sig & part of my displayed location. I've been hoping for another punk revolution but the best I've been able to get is an online old-skewl punk station in California. It's a mix of the famous classic punk groups & newer kinda underground stuff. There's a bit of political songs. Unfortunately Kaotic Radio doesn't broadcast all the time & lots of segments are probably rebroadcasted but at least it's something. They had been down for quite a while & I quit checking but I checked again a few days ago when I was going through some bookmarks & they've been on every time I've tried to listen since :arrow:
http://KaoticRadio.com/

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2021, 2:06 pm

nick007 wrote:
AprilR wrote:
I watched the news for only 10 minutes or so and i already hate the world
I hear ya. I went through a misanthrope phase in my early & mid 20s when I was dealing with a sever depression & I've been rapidly slipping back into misanthropia over the last 4 & half years but I'm not majorly depressed this time. Politics is a major reason for that slide. That's the reason for part of my post sig & part of my displayed location. I've been hoping for another punk revolution but the best I've been able to get is an online old-skewl punk station in California. It's a mix of the famous classic punk groups & newer kinda underground stuff. There's a bit of political songs. Unfortunately Kaotic Radio doesn't broadcast all the time & lots of segments are probably rebroadcasted but at least it's something. They had been down for quite a while & I quit checking but I checked again a few days ago when I was going through some bookmarks & they've been on every time I've tried to listen since :arrow:
http://KaoticRadio.com/

I'd like to think we are not actually hateful but sensitive against cruelty and injustice. Having high standards for people maybe. It's best to be apathetic and emotionless sometimes.

I will check out that station. I don't know much about the punk movement, but one of my friends who was very involved with the punk community sort of introduced me to some of the bands when i was a younger. (Sex Pistols, Rancid, Ramones?) I was more of a metalhead lol.

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2021, 9:12 pm

My grandmother fell a few days ago, and now she has a HUGE bruise covering the affected leg that may be possibly broken. She finally went to the hospital today, but doctors barely did anything but give her painkillers and sent her home. But that's not what pissed me off; what did it is the fact that my aunt who lives next door to her did absolutely NOTHING to help. All she cares about is her dog and no one else, not even her family. THAT WAS YOUR F***ING MOTHER THAT GOT INJURED, YOU DUMB SKANK, AND ALL YOU CARE ABOUT IS YOUR SMELLY MUTT!? YOU MAKE ME PUKE!! !

Also, my stepdad was supposed to get his license back, but blew it by not stopping at a red light ON A MOTORCYCLE! The fact that he never wears a helmet made it even worse; he refuses to wear one because it might mess up his "hair". Dude, you don't even have any :roll: So now he has to go to court tomorrow.

So yeah, that's what was on my mind. I won't know if my grandmother will be okay for several days, as she is bleeding internally now. My mom is spending the night at her home tomorrow, which is nice, but I still wish my aunt never treated her like crap in the first place.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2021, 10:28 pm

I hope your grandmother recovers well. ^

I'm wondering why they don't make mouse-based cat food?

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2021, 10:35 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:

Could you get (already dead) feeder mice for your cat?

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2021, 11:19 pm

Ghosting is on my mind. Been reading/watching to see if my expectations are unreasonable. They are not. Curiously, I have found nobody suggesting that it's acceptable for young adults to ghost their friends, or more likely that they will.

But wait, there's more! Prior to being ghosted, I believe I was benched. This is low-effort contact that just leads you on. Like, eventually answering most of my texts, but without contributing anything that would add to the conversation. That's been happening for months. Answering questions and expressing delight, without expressing any interest or curiosity in what's going on in my life. Which is curious, given what I'm going through now.

Benching Is The New Ghosting — But Worse

Last edited by TenMinutes on 13 Jul 2021, 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2021, 11:57 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

I'm considering doing a raw diet for her, but I draw the line at whole animals like that. 8O

I'm squeamish.

I might start doing organ meat and bones though.

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2021, 2:29 pm

Thank you, Isabella.

My grandmother is doing better; all they found was a minor tear in her stomach that's easily fixable. It's just that it makes me mad that my aunt has been treating her this way. My mom and I talked, and she said she may talk to my aunt about this as a wake up call. Meanwhile, mom will be with my grandmother tonight to check up on her.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2021, 2:37 pm

Soon I'm running out of cocoa. :|

Hmmm...
I'm already done with swiss miss last month.

After this, I'm gonna have chocolate drinks the traditional way -- with molten tsokolateng tablea. :twisted:

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2021, 2:58 pm

[quote="Edna3362"]Soon I'm running out of cocoa. :|

(dramatic narration heard) "It's the end of the world ladies and gentlemen for Edna" :lol:

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2021, 3:01 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
HeroOfHyrule wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

I'm considering doing a raw diet for her, but I draw the line at whole animals like that. 8O

I'm squeamish.

That sounds like a good idea! If I could get a fresh source for those things and had the income I'd feed my pets like that (not the rabbit 8O he's strictly vegan :lol: ).

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2021, 3:42 pm

longshot wrote:
Edna3362 wrote:
Soon I'm running out of cocoa. :|

(dramatic narration heard) "It's the end of the world ladies and gentlemen for Edna" :lol:

Not if I hold on for 4 and half an hour before the store opens...

... With my last cocoa!! ! :lol:

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2021, 6:18 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
HeroOfHyrule wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

I'm squeamish.

That sounds like a good idea! If I could get a fresh source for those things and had the income I'd feed my pets like that (not the rabbit 8O he's strictly vegan :lol: ).

She went bonko for fresh, raw goose.

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2021, 6:46 pm

My tactical error Edna..

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2021, 7:19 pm

The "logic" of people who say they don't get vaccines because they "have an immune system and it works" is so moronic, since vaccines play off of your immune system. I've even heard people say that it'll "lower your immune system" to get a vaccine. :lol:

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2021, 1:25 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
The "logic" of people who say they don't get vaccines because they "have an immune system and it works" is so moronic, since vaccines play off of your immune system. I've even heard people say that it'll "lower your immune system" to get a vaccine. :lol:

I've heard this argument and more; often, that such is being used to control people in some way..