Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Heathie123
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Jul 2016, 3:14 am

Hello;
For those of you aspies who wear glasses - how do you push the glasses up when they are sliding down your nose?
Does it get annoying having to keep pushing them up all the time?
What is the best method to push them up in your opinion and why?

Just curious... That is all! :-D

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

05 Jul 2016, 3:50 am

I used to wear glasses until a few years ago when I changed to disposable contact lenses because I do a lot of running and also used to hike a lot, and the glasses became a nuisance due to sweat etc.

The lenses work pretty well but it took me a while to learn how to put them in. I had my glasses as backup but they got lost a year or so back and I've never bothered to get new ones again.

It can be a nuisance pushing them up! What looks cool is keeping them up on your head then only putting them down when you need them, which works fine if you only need them for either distance or reading.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2016, 6:11 am

From the nose. :D If your glasses are sliding down that much, I'd ask about tightening the ear pieces or the sides.

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2016, 7:03 am

+1 for the bridge of the nose, though sometimes at the point where the arm joins the frame on either side.
I prefer them slightly low, though, so I can't accidentally make eye contact with anyone, because I can't see.
It is a bummer when it's hot and you're sweaty, but contact lenses have always been way too uncomfortable for me. Tried them when they were the 14 day pairs, and you had to sit them in little pools of fluid when not in use.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2016, 10:06 am

I use my own nose to push them up. I don't really realize I'm doing it when I do it.

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2016, 10:15 am

I'm intrigued by this topic cause within the next couple years as I am improving every area of my life I will no doubt need to acquire glasses to fix my malfunctioning eyes. I wear shades a lot and when it's hot I sweat a lot from roaming to places and I like moisturizer which only adds to making my nose a ski slope.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

05 Jul 2016, 1:20 pm

Contacts work better with shades than glasses do, and I can't go out in the sun without sunglasses.

They may work well for you.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

AnaHitori
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2016, 2:19 pm

Usually I push them up in the middle, but sometimes on the sides, too.

I do it a lot. My mom suggested maybe they're not tight enough, but they already feel like they're squeezing my face. >.<

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2016, 2:38 pm

[quote="MjrMajorMajor"If your glasses are sliding down that much, I'd ask about tightening the ear pieces or the sides.[/quote]

I push them up from the self rim (ie grab the rim w/ my left index finger and thumb). But like MjrMajorMajor said, if you find they are sliding down a lot, that likely means they are maladjusted. Take them in to a professional that adjusts frames to people's heads day in and day out (ie someone who sells glasses) and they can fix it.

saxgeek
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2016, 8:14 pm

You can bend the temples inward or squeeze the nosepiece tighter if they are falling off.

Normally, to push my glasses up, I just push the nose bridge up with my finger.

DaughterOfAule
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Jul 2016, 2:32 am

Usually I push up on the frame around the lense on my right with the back of my right hand. Its hard to explain without showing it. Sometimes I just use both hands to lift them up.

"I do not wish to evade the world
Yet I will forever build my own" - Tuomas Holopainen

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2016, 2:23 pm

saxgeek wrote:
You can bend the temples inward or squeeze the nosepiece tighter if they are falling off.

Normally, to push my glasses up, I just push the nose bridge up with my finger.

I broke so many glasses that way - until I realized that the pro's use two pairs of rounded needlenose pliers so that the stress isn't on the tiny, weak join point.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

06 Jul 2016, 11:42 pm

I pushed mine up from the bridge of the nose or I'd grab the sides & slide em up. I've seen some people that have a band hooked on both sides in back the frame that holds their glasses up by across the back of their heads. I don't wear my glasses enough to worry about doing that.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition