19 Feb 2011, 6:04 am

With a messed up leeeg
Medic says I'm fine
But I want a f****n keeeg

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2011, 7:48 am

I'm sending some beer over to you, as a get well present. :)

Ikonovich
Toucan
Toucan

19 Feb 2011, 8:54 am

Excellent

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 2:07 am

let me tell you all a scary but true story- in "news of the weird," there was described a report of a cape may, NJ man and his wife who were sentenced to 6 months in jail for child abandonment- they had been having trouble with their unruly 13 year-old son, and one day while the kid was hospitalized, the parents had surreptitiously packed up their household goods and moved to inglewood, california. just imagine how that kid felt when the taxi dropped him off at his empty house.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 2:10 am

Get well soon! If I could, I'd visit you in the hospital and write on your cast. :)

Natty_Boh
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 10:23 am

auntblabby wrote:
let me tell you all a scary but true story- in "news of the weird," there was described a report of a cape may, NJ man and his wife who were sentenced to 6 months in jail for child abandonment- they had been having trouble with their unruly 13 year-old son, and one day while the kid was hospitalized, the parents had surreptitiously packed up their household goods and moved to inglewood, california. just imagine how that kid felt when the taxi dropped him off at his empty house.

While he's in school maaaaaybe - but while the poor kid is hospitalized?!

Whenever the day is done."

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 1:14 pm

Sexy leg you got there. ;)

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 4:02 pm

Natty_Boh wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

While he's in school maaaaaybe - but while the poor kid is hospitalized?!

That poor kid. WTF kind of parents would do that!? 6 months is not enough for their sorry @sses.

Your Aspie score: 167 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 35 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie.

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 4:13 pm

Does it hurt? I broke my ring finger on my left hand one time hitting this b!tch. And it hurt like Hell, my little finger. So when I see someone with a major bone(s) broken, I always think of my little ring finger and imagine how bad and huge the pain must be for them. Sometimes they tell me it hurts worse than anything they have experienced before and some tell me the pain isn't all that bad. Hang in there., looks like it's going to take a little time. But I hope you start feeling better soon :)

TaupeyAna

sterfry
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 7:16 pm

Taupey wrote:
I broke my ring finger on my left hand one time hitting this b!tch.

I was not expecting a statement like this from Taupey, you're always so nice. +100 Awesome Points for you, she must have deserved it.

Ikonovich, how did you mess your leg up?

sluice
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 7:50 pm

Ouch, I hate breaking bones. Hang in there.

SoulcakeDuck
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 9:37 pm

I like hospitals, it's one of the few places I feel I can relax and not ignore the pain. Nurses are nice, food is good (some of it) and people leave you to recuperate and rest.

I'm not about to tear my arm off just so I can go, but once you're there it's cool.

The only thing that can mess up a stay at the hospital is to share a large room with other people. I've been lucky enough to avoid roommates whenever something happens that requires me to check in.

I consider you lucky overlooking your misfortune with the leg.

Get better.

:::)

SoulcakeDuck
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 9:42 pm

IdahoRose wrote:
Get well soon! If I could, I'd visit you in the hospital and write on your cast. :)

I wanted to doodle as well when I saw the pic.

Black,Gray and Blue Magic Marker and I could turn that cast in to one bad ass robotic or plate-like leg armor.

:cat:

:::)

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2011, 8:57 am

sterfry wrote:
Taupey wrote:
I broke my ring finger on my left hand one time hitting this b!tch.

I was not expecting a statement like this from Taupey, you're always so nice. +100 Awesome Points for you, she must have deserved it.

Ikonovich, how did you mess your leg up?

Thank You, Sterfry. :) I am nice until someone does something bad to me or someone I care about. I was sleeping on a couch and she decided to sit on me and bounce up and down.

Ikonovich
Toucan
Toucan

21 Feb 2011, 8:14 pm

Jonsi wrote:
Sexy leg you got there. ;)

Hell yeah. Even sexier if you can see the whole thing - My calves and quads are like finely chiseled statues.

It hurts like a b***h, and all they gave me is 800 mg Motrin and 10 mg lortab. I have an extremely high pain tolerance and occasionally I've been doubling or tripling the lortab (Tripling feels gooood). Usually I just suck it up.

How it happened is a long story, but I've had my talonavicular joint fused and my achilles tendon lengthened.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2011, 3:34 am

SoulcakeDuck wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:

I wanted to doodle as well when I saw the pic.

Black,Gray and Blue Magic Marker and I could turn that cast in to one bad ass robotic or plate-like leg armor.

:cat:

Sweet. I'd probably sign my name in katakana. Because, c'mon, who doesn't think Japanese writing looks cool, even if it's just a simple word/name?