post something Quite Interesting..

Page 87 of 96 [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 ... 96  Next

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2012, 11:54 am

I knew that....... :roll:

Sylkat

Kiseki94
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Oct 2012, 12:02 pm

It is very insulting to tip a waitress/waiter in Japan.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2012, 12:08 pm

No one knows for sure exactly when Walt Disney got the idea for Disneyland. Various people recalled him speaking of ideas that could have been the basis of Disneyland at different times before he built it. We do know that he hated how messy amusement parks were when he took his daughters to one, and that contributed to how clean Disneyland is. His brother Roy always said Walt got the idea from having an operating scale model steam train in his backyard.

NewDawn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Oct 2012, 5:57 pm

During the Siege of Haarlem (1572-1573), the Spanish army fired their cannons 8888 times. The most shots (1008) were fired on the 3rd of July 1573. Haarlem capitulated shortly after.

One of the cannon balls was lodged in the gable of a house next to the city's cathedral, where it remains to this day.

One of the cannon balls passed a woman so closely that it ripped her bodice, skirts and undershirt off, leaving her naked in the street. One of the burgomasters was so kind to lend her his cloak.

Another cannon ball managed to land precisely in the chimey of a house. It landed, together with the hams and sausages that had been put up the chimey to smoke, amidst the 5 children that were sitting in front of the kitchen hearth.

Fudo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2012, 3:57 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uRhjd19woY&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/youtube] some music

b9
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2012, 9:19 am

something (i forget what) made me wonder who would win in a fight between a lion and a tiger.
i know that is not a very nice arena for contemplation, but nevertheless i was curious. i read the wikipedia article "lion vs tiger"and i looked at numerous youtube entries that were relevant.

the wikipedia article says that tigers are more powerful due to their maximum size being greater than that of the largest male lions, and most of the the youtube videos i have so far seen seem like "squabbles" rather than aggressive fights between the 2 cats.

there is a video that seems to contain a good amount of information regarding how they perceive each other (that i will post presently), and it shows that lions are subservient in demeanor toward tigers. tigers seem far too vicious for lions to contend with.

many scenes show smaller tigers bossing larger lions around, and some scenes show larger tigers bamboozling the large male lions with lightning fast reflexes that translate to a vicious mauling before the big lions can register what is happening.

i have developed my own idea about the relative comparisons between the 2 cats from what i have seen, but not from what i have read.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Noyswp7pwqw[/youtube]

after seeing this video, i concluded that the tiger was more likely to win in a fight with a lion because tigers are forest dwellers, and as such they have to be more opportune than lions who can see their quarry from a distance on the savannas.

tigers climb trees to watch the local ground, and therefore they would have sharper claws and a more powerful torso.
they seem to be faster thinkers than lions due to the fact they have to plan how to catch their prey during the limited time it would be in sight before it scurries off in to the undergrowth again.

since tigers are not very social like lions are, their decisions need no external authorization, and that makes them very formidable in a fight with a lion who does not have such a solitary conviction as the tiger does.

noxnocturne
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2012, 3:35 pm

Major League Baseball requires that all the umpires working in the league must wear black underwear at every game.

Krabo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2012, 1:46 am

There are no railroads in Iceland. There are streets but no roads in Greenland.

noxnocturne
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2012, 2:03 pm

111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2012, 2:07 pm

Buffy=1
Edward=0

Sylkat :roll:

Krabo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2012, 2:48 pm

There's a village called Y in France, and the Ypsiloniens claim theirs to be the shortest place name in Europe. I claim that Ii in Finland has a shorter name because it measures 1.3 mm across while Y measures 2.0 mm.

noxnocturne
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2012, 5:25 pm

Giraffes can go without water longer than a camel.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2012, 4:39 pm

Wild monkeys have learned how to break into people's homes and steal food.
And, usually, tear the places up pretty well.

Sylkat

noxnocturne
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2012, 4:50 pm

The planet Mars gets it’s name from Mars, the Roman war god, but it’s also often called the Red Planet, because it has a red appearance which is caused by the iron oxide which is found on the planet’s surface.

Since ancient times and with various cultures, some of the names the planet Mars has been associated with are war, fire, anger, storms, violence, bloodshed, blood, celibacy, rebel and even fertility.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2012, 7:11 pm

Pluto is a very nice planet.
Mickey named his dog after it.

Sylkat

noxnocturne
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2012, 8:19 pm

If you keep your eyes open by force when you sneeze, you might pop an eyeball out.