Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

BriannaBee
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Mar 2011, 4:59 am

Could someone explain exactly what it means to think in pictures? Also, is it possible to think in text too? I'm confused on exactly what thinking like these are like.

all_white
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2011, 5:02 am

I have no idea. Other than in dreams (when I do actually see things) most of the time I think in speech.

At least, I think I do. It's hard to tell. Thinking is like breathing or blinking. You just take it for granted, and don't ever really stop to ask yourself how you're doing it.

Last edited by all_white on 16 Mar 2011, 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dunbots
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2011, 5:10 am

Sometimes I think in text, like I visualize the words in my head. I'm not sure if that's visual thinking, verbal thinking, or both... :P

patiz
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Mar 2011, 7:32 pm

Thinking in pictures or a photographic memory.

When you think of a situation where you are talking to other people and perhaps you've said something odd, you actually see the people involved from a distance,or if you think of some one you know and see a image of them. this is thinking in pictures or photographic memory. taking it one step further you, have one image then another, like a film. Thinking in pictures. :D

BriannaBee
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Mar 2011, 11:25 pm

Thank you.

Cassy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Mar 2011, 2:15 am

I do this... >_>

Its kind of how I started my journey into learning about Asperger's.

I was trying to explain something to someone, one time, about how it was hard for me to look people in the eyes when I talk to them. I was worried that people thought I was being rude - but its because I see pictures (in my mind) when I'm talking or someone is talking to me. I cant focus on the pictures and what is being communicated if I have to look them in the eyes....its weird I guess but its how its always been for me *Shrug*

Albert Einstein

It's not what you know -
....But what you believe.