Why American Jews Eat Chinese Food on Christmas?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2014, 7:44 pm

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/arc ... qus_thread

Being Jewish on Christmas is very much like being Autistic into the NT world. Their is this big noisy party that everybody is having. You can wander in as a tourist, but you can you can never be a truly a part of it.

"When Establishment figures declare that they’ve changed their mind on free speech and now think there should be less of it, know that they expect the speech that gets throttled to be yours, not theirs.” - Walter Olsen Cato Institute

Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2014, 6:01 am

That article flooded me with 15 ads the second I clicked, damn. :?

I can't emphasize with them.. christmas is incredibly sacrilegious these days, it's really just about gifts and family. Santa plays a bigger factor than jesus in the holiday these days. If we were politically correct enough in this country, we'd celebrate nothing, not even thanksgiving. People should just enjoy the tradition for what it is. :|

Shelldor2015
Raven
Raven

Location: In a Bob Ross painting looking at pretty little clouds and talking to happy little trees.

26 Dec 2014, 6:58 am

I really don't know why, but the year I lived in Indianapolis I had to work on Christmas Day. I couldn't go home which was 300 miles away for Christmas dinner, so I went to my favorite Chinese restaurant. It was the best holiday dinner I had had in a long time. I was virtually alone in the restaurant and the food was fresh. That was 2004 or 5 I believe. I wished I would have done that this year. It would have been a lot better than what I got this year which was nothing but explanations of why there was no Christmas dinner and my sister getting yet ANOTHER pass for dropping the ball.

AQ 46

"If there is a 50-50 chance something will go wrong, 9 times out of 10 it will" Paul Harvey

slenkar
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2014, 1:51 pm

they are known to eat chinese food all the time, as a stereotype anyway.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2014, 4:30 am

wish I could eat out.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2014, 6:18 am

Don't they have their own holiday festivities?

Everyone is excluded from something (though I'm sure Jewish people would be invited to Christmas parties if they were friends with Christians -- just bring their own food).

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2014, 6:49 am

slenkar wrote:
they are known to eat chinese food all the time, as a stereotype anyway.

I find this quite ironic, given that much of the Chinese food around here contains pork. :P Mmm... Chinese barbecued pork... *drools*

Hansgrohe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Dec 2014, 12:50 am

I remember I was watching a South Park episode 10 years ago about this stereotype, actually.