Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Wolfman1983
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Mar 2012, 11:25 am

I call myself a Trekkie because it sound's better Star Trek has now became my one of my favorite Sci Fi Franchises Since Star Wars except I know that Star Trek is only a show I read The Star Trek Novels my favorite star trek movies are Wraith of Khan The Undiscovered Country First Contact then Star Trek (2009) Probably The Voyage Home favorite I seen only parts of it I do want to buy the collection of the original Star Trek movies but my mom says in December . I watch Star Trek The Next Generation on BBC America also watch the orginal Show & Enterprise on StarTrek.com I also know my aunt kim & real dad are trekkies my dad even got me a Star Trek The Next generation comic when I was about five or six in the 80's. Still want to see episodes of Deep Space Nine and Voyager, cant wait for the sequel Next Year

Last edited by Wolfman1983 on 18 Mar 2012, 11:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2012, 11:29 am

STAR TREK! :bounce: :D

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In a quiet and peaceful garden where Mick Avory-like Sweet Peas grow

18 Mar 2012, 2:47 pm

I like the original series from the 60s. :)

Kanye West 2020

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26&start=645

MannyBoo
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2013, 11:27 am

Trekkie.

Trekker sounds like going hiking in the mountains.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2013, 2:02 pm

I'm a Trekkie too.

xMistrox
Toucan
Toucan

02 Apr 2013, 2:26 pm

Trekkie. I'm most fond of TNG and Voyager, and to a lesser extent DS9. Enterprise, the animated series, and original series are ok, but hold my interest less often for the most part. I'm looking forward to the new movie, the 2009 one was actually very good.

RAADS-R: 189 total
Diagnosed 9/2013

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2013, 2:56 pm

My understanding (and I stand to be corrected in this) is that the epithet "Trekkie" is reserved to those who are fans of TOS, whereas, "Trekker" is open to those whose fandom is limited to TNG, DS9, Voyager and Enterprise.

Somewhere in geekdom there was a meeting.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2013, 3:33 pm

^^^ Well, I renounce the Geek Council and call myself a bit of a Trekkie anyway. ;)

I probably know more SW history though... but, hey, thumbs up for all SF!

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

02 Apr 2013, 5:37 pm

I'm a fan but I don't use the terms. I have DLed & watched all 5 action series, the cartoon series & all the movies. I have a replica bat'leth that I bought on eBay as well as a Klingon dagger replica; the blades are made of stainless-steal so they're definably just for collecting & NOT toys. I also have a Franklin Mint pewter-model of the Defiant from DS9 & a Klingon Bird Of Pre

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Shdhm-9_nc[/youtube]

~King Of The Hill

Last edited by nick007 on 02 Apr 2013, 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oberoth
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2013, 7:15 pm

Star Trek is great. I started watching it as a child with my dad. My favorite movies are first contact and the voyage home, as for the series;
TNG>Voyager>TOS>ds9>enterprise,
maybe this should be in the unpopular opinion thread. :)

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2013, 10:17 pm

visagrunt wrote:
My understanding (and I stand to be corrected in this) is that the epithet "Trekkie" is reserved to those who are fans of TOS, whereas, "Trekker" is open to those whose fandom is limited to TNG, DS9, Voyager and Enterprise.

The term "Trekker" actually dates back to at least the mid-'70s. In my experience, it's a sobriquet adopted by those who seem to feel the name "Trekkie" is somehow childish.

I'm a Trekkie, personally. :)

MisterSpock
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2013, 11:11 am

DeaconBlues wrote:
visagrunt wrote:

The term "Trekker" actually dates back to at least the mid-'70s. In my experience, it's a sobriquet adopted by those who seem to feel the name "Trekkie" is somehow childish.

It is my understanding that a Trekker is a diehard fan, and most likely to have been a child watching the original series. They will generally know all of the on and off stage trivia, and maybe own an original prop. Trekkies are the newer generation, who are by no means less fanatical, but let's just say would be more open to fanfic and cross play. Kids can be Trekkies. You have to have lived Trek to be a Trekker. Trekkies get made fun of at school.

Also, OP: punctuation?

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2013, 12:32 pm

MisterSpock wrote:
DeaconBlues wrote:
visagrunt wrote:

It is my understanding that a Trekker is a diehard fan, and most likely to have been a child watching the original series. They will generally know all of the on and off stage trivia, and maybe own an original prop. Trekkies are the newer generation, who are by no means less fanatical, but let's just say would be more open to fanfic and cross play. Kids can be Trekkies. You have to have lived Trek to be a Trekker. Trekkies get made fun of at school.

One of my earliest memories is of watching the opening credits of TOS, when it was still on NBC. Grew up watching the reruns. About as old-school a fan as you can get. Back in the day, there was none of this "Trekker" nonsense - we were all Trekkies, nerds, and mocked a lot by so-called "normal" people (who saw nothing wrong with cosplaying as their favorite football players, or painting their faces with the colors of their favorite teams...).

As for fanfic, I've been making a fair number of contributions to the Star Trek Online forums' Literary Challenges - one story featuring my main STO character, Rear Admiral Sills of the USS Hans Asperger, and a couple with the Ferengi Cdr. Grunt and his ragtag crew (a Klingon science officer, a Pakled engineer, and a couple of Andorians). Grunt's first story was "The Last Voyage of the Hybrid", about how he lost his first command, USS Hypatia, to a Borg attack. The other was a set of personnel files compiled by Lt. Brel Tan, ship's counselor of Grunt's new ship, the Bastogne. Currently, I'm working on the new Literary Challenge, which involves the Bastogne responding to a distress signal from a station with sensitive technology that's being invaded by parties unknown.

And yeah, I'm a Trekkie. :)