Page 3 of 5 [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

identity
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2011, 3:34 pm

"What we call the beginning is often the end. And to make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from."

T. S. Eliot

syzygyish
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2012, 8:02 am

He was so learned that he could name a horse in nine languages....so ignorant that he bought a cow to ride on.
~Benjamin Franklin

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2012, 8:14 pm

"I'm a mama's boy. I pity the fool who ain't one!"
-Laurence "Mr. T" Turead

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

VMSmith
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2012, 3:20 pm

"Night is a history of longing—and you are my night." - mahmoud darwish. i love his poetry. this line is so romantic. leilteh(my night) should totally be a term of endearment the same way as my life, my moon, my eyes, etc are in arabic.

USMCnBNSFdude
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2012, 5:45 pm

"Lisa, when you don't like your job, you don't strike! You just go in there every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way!" - Homer Simpson

syzygyish
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2013, 8:00 am

"You can bite my shiny metal ass"
-BENDER

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2013, 5:23 pm

Hot diggity daffodil.
- Bender.

Aperture
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2013, 10:37 am

"A man should learn to detect and watch that gleam of light which flashes across his mind from within, more than the lustre of the firmament of bards and sages. Yet he dismisses without notice his thought, because it is his. In every work of genius we recognize our own rejected thoughts: they come back to us with a certain alienated majesty. Great works of art have no more affecting lesson for us than this. They teach us to abide by our spontaneous impression with good-humored inflexibility then most when the whole cry of voices is on the other side. Else, to-morrow a stranger will say with masterly good sense precisely what we have thought and felt all the time, and we shall be forced to take with shame our own opinion from another." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

syzygyish
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2013, 8:28 am

Aperture wrote:
"A man should learn to detect and watch that gleam of light which flashes across his mind from within, more than the lustre of the firmament of bards and sages. Yet he dismisses without notice his thought, because it is his. In every work of genius we recognize our own rejected thoughts: they come back to us with a certain alienated majesty. Great works of art have no more affecting lesson for us than this. They teach us to abide by our spontaneous impression with good-humored inflexibility then most when the whole cry of voices is on the other side. Else, to-morrow a stranger will say with masterly good sense precisely what we have thought and felt all the time, and we shall be forced to take with shame our own opinion from another." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ditto

khaos
Toucan
Toucan

05 Jan 2013, 6:36 pm

I'm dying to love in a world I don't belong

There's no point in living if you can't feel the life

I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of being alive without being aware of it

Lord, what fools these mortals be

...And may God have mercy on my Enemies, because I sure as Hell won't

Never run from anything immortal...It only attracts their attention

Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Fiction reveals the truth that reality obscures

Heaven don't want me and the devil is afraid I will take over!

When ppl look at me they think I am a b***h...but when I open my mouth I remove all doubt!

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. - Albert Einstein!

AS, OCD, ADHD - Diagnosed
PTSD - Undiagnosed
<"May the Gods have mercy on you for I shall show none...">

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2013, 7:12 pm

"Life has no meaning. Each of us has meaning and we bring it to life. It is a waste to be asking the question when you are the answer." -- Joseph Campbell (1904-1987)

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2013, 8:57 pm

“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.” ― Marcus Aurelius

“Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one.” ― Marcus Aurelius

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.” ― Marcus Aurelius

“If someone is able to show me that what I think or do is not right, I will happily change, for I seek the truth, by which no one was ever truly harmed. It is the person who continues in his self-deception and ignorance who is harmed.” ― Marcus Aurelius

“Humans have come into being for the sake of each other, so either teach them, or learn to bear them.” ― Marcus Aurelius

“The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts: therefore, guard accordingly, and take care that you entertain no notions unsuitable to virtue and reasonable nature.” ― Marcus Aurelius

“Begin each day by telling yourself: Today I shall be meeting with interference, ingratitude, insolence, disloyalty, ill-will, and selfishness – all of them due to the offenders’ ignorance of what is good or evil. But for my part I have long perceived the nature of good and its nobility, the nature of evil and its meanness, and also the nature of the culprit himself, who is my brother (not in the physical sense, but as a fellow creature similarly endowed with reason and a share of the divine); therefore none of those things can injure me, for nobody can implicate me in what is degrading. Neither can I be angry with my brother or fall foul of him; for he and I were born to work together, like a man’s two hands, feet or eyelids, or the upper and lower rows of his teeth. To obstruct each other is against Nature’s law – and what is irritation or aversion but a form of obstruction.” ― Marcus Aurelius

“Death is a release from the impressions of the senses, and from desires that make us their puppets, and from the vagaries of the mind, and from the hard service of the flesh.” ― Marcus Aurelius

From The Meditations of Marcus Aurelius

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2013, 1:42 am

"So long as you have food in your mouth, you have solved all questions for the time being."
Franz Kafka

"The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
George Carlin

lol.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2013, 12:42 pm

"It's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind." Niel Armstrong - 07/21/1969

Foxxtale
Toucan
Toucan

06 Jan 2013, 12:50 pm

"...The Spanish bullet isn't made that will kill me.' - Bucky O'Neill

(shortly thereafter, he was killed by a spanish-made bullet)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_O'Neill_(soldier)#Death

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2013, 6:39 pm

"The pity is the public will demand and find a moral in my book — or worse they may take it in some more serious way, and on the honor of a gentleman, there is not one single serious line in it."
-James Joyce (talking about Ulysses)

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/