Post something that made you UNHAPPY today.

Page 1078 of 2001 [ 32003 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1075, 1076, 1077, 1078, 1079, 1080, 1081 ... 2001  Next

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2018, 6:05 pm

Apparently the latest Firefox upgrade = no support for posted videos on this site anymore, so all I see is blank space where people post them. No link, no nuthin'.

(I can get the links if I hit the quote button. So obviously they are there. Just invisible to me. Pain in the tail.)

I tried picking up the Flash add-on in Firefox. Hah. THAT completely disabled YouTube on my laptop, so I had to kill it dead.

IE does at least display the inactivated videos, with a coy little overlay message that they're no longer supported on the site, so I have to go to YouTube to play them.

Sux. I don't use IE and dislike being forced to. (Also, the site is hanging constantly, which gets really old really fast.)

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2018, 6:09 pm

Esmerelda Weatherwax wrote:
....I don't use IE and dislike being forced to. (Also, the site is hanging constantly, which gets really old really fast.)

Same ! Getting continuous error messages and being forced to use IE in the music forum. No Bueno.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2018, 6:10 pm

these days a majority of a typical PC's resources goes towards fending off malware, which makes the CPU on my puter overheat all too often. the fan now more or less roars constantly trying to vent the abundant heat [from the overworked CPU] that is now voluminous sufficient to heat my space.

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2018, 6:12 pm

^Yep !

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2018, 6:19 pm

^^ Blabs, I've got mine propped up with a potholder wedged under it, so the air circulates around it, but I have a laptop. And a floor fan behind me which gets turned on at intervals.

Britte, what a perfect avatar for a music lover!

Sorry to "hear" that others are running into this too.

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2018, 7:05 pm

It’s feel like spring already, it been warm this week, I’m glad I can save money by not running my portable heater, I unplugged too.

ZZZTired
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Feb 2018, 1:04 am

I'm intimidating.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2018, 1:07 am

being roused out of sleep by back pain. :|

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2018, 1:33 am

^^ if you can find lemon balm tincture in your local health food shop, Blabs, it is surprisingly effective as a topical painkiller. I've used it full strength, just a couple of drops, on a "trick" knee (chondromalacia, AKA the blasted thing likes to dislocate itself partway) - rub it in, and the pain vanished.

Mentioned it to a colleague whose young daughter has juvenile onset RA. She tried it and couldn't believe how fast, and how completely, it relieved her daughter's pain - applied topically.

The ethanol tincture is best for this use, the glycerin tincture will be way too messy. If it works for you - and it should - you can probably get back to sleep for the night.

Here's a review of the various uses of this herb - it's a PDF - use "find on this page" and search for "analgesic". http://zjrms.ir/files/site1/user_files_ ... b016f7.pdf

(Sorry if this is pesky. Alternative remedies are one of my "special interests". Edit in: Herb Pharm is a good product line, and they're in Oregon, so almost local to you.)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2018, 1:35 am

^^^thank you Esme :) I will be reading it :study:

Goldilocks
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Feb 2018, 1:43 am

I think I'm in love and it's very uncomfortable. I don't want it. It's freaking me out. Simultaneously, it's amazing and I want repeat every moment I spend with him.

Also my ears are ringing at 6:40am :cry:

And I think I just realised a new friend's problems might just revolve around the fact she's a sex addict :oops:

Also my ankles are burning from water retention :( :cry:

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2018, 11:08 am

General Anxiety

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2018, 11:11 am

cecilfienkelstien wrote:
General Anxiety

*hugs you* feel better soon

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2018, 11:12 am

This thread.

-LegoMaster2149 (Written on February 1, 2018)

LittleCoyoteKat
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2018, 8:56 pm

The seemingly inborn natural talent I have for being dramatically misunderstood. :|

I am a Bookwyrm.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2018, 10:20 am

IdahoRose wrote:
cecilfienkelstien wrote:
General Anxiety

*hugs you* feel better soon

Thanks!