Post something that made you UNHAPPY today.

Page 1928 of 2001 [ 32003 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1925, 1926, 1927, 1928, 1929, 1930, 1931 ... 2001  Next

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2023, 2:54 pm

Anxiety and burnout

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2023, 3:15 pm

My ankle looks like there's a golf ball hidden inside. Walking kinda hurts too.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2023, 4:12 pm

funeralxempire wrote:

Ooft. Sorry to hear of this, FXE.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2023, 4:31 pm

I've been driven back inside the house at night early this year because last night's winds tore my tent practically in half. Normally I can stay out until middle of October.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2023, 4:31 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Ooft. Sorry to hear of this, FXE.

Hopefully it's better in a few days. I don't want to miss a game.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2023, 4:38 pm

My vet is dicking me around. I paid $300 for one of the cats' treatment about a month ago, and another $80 for prescription food for a different cat. The $300 is covered completely on my vet insurance but the vet needs to sign a paper first and fax it on my behalf. I emailed him the paper but he didn't do it. Then I thought maybe they didn't get the email so I dropped it off about two weeks ago in person. Since then I've emailed twice and phoned once to see what's going on, because I can see on the insurance portal it's still not been submitted.

As for the cat food I can submit that to insurance myself but when I bought it their printer was messing up so they couldn't give me a receipt and they said they'd email it to me. I've yet to receive that despite several reminders as well.

The receptionist told me Monday she would deal with both things that day because they were on the top of her to-do list. It's now Wednesday night and they still aren't to-done.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2023, 7:14 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
My vet is dicking me around. I paid $300 for one of the cats' treatment about a month ago, and another $80 for prescription food for a different cat. The $300 is covered completely on my vet insurance but the vet needs to sign a paper first and fax it on my behalf. I emailed him the paper but he didn't do it. Then I thought maybe they didn't get the email so I dropped it off about two weeks ago in person. Since then I've emailed twice and phoned once to see what's going on, because I can see on the insurance portal it's still not been submitted.

As for the cat food I can submit that to insurance myself but when I bought it their printer was messing up so they couldn't give me a receipt and they said they'd email it to me. I've yet to receive that despite several reminders as well.

The receptionist told me Monday she would deal with both things that day because they were on the top of her to-do list. It's now Wednesday night and they still aren't to-done.

That's so frustrating, especially because what's their interest? Either way they get paid. :roll:

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Fairfield
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2023, 8:00 pm

I cried and almost had a meltdown because I can't take a bath. F

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2023, 8:27 pm

Fairfield wrote:

Why not?

Fairfield
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2023, 8:38 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Fairfield wrote:

Why not?

I can't get the stupid f*****g plug to make enough of a seal so the water just eventually drains out and also I can't get enough hot water. I haven't taken a bath in a year and I just wanted to take a hot f*****g bath and relax, but I can't even do that. I want to scream.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2023, 8:57 pm

Dollar store?

Kettle?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2023, 9:09 pm

Fairfield wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Fairfield wrote:

Why not?

I can't get the stupid f*****g plug to make enough of a seal so the water just eventually drains out and also I can't get enough hot water. I haven't taken a bath in a year and I just wanted to take a hot f*****g bath and relax, but I can't even do that. I want to scream.

I wonder if you could come up with something to help block the gaps, like some plastic wrap?

Even better might be if you had some caulk, although it might be a pain getting the plug back out.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2023, 10:05 pm

A bit of shampoo got in my eye it hurt, I managed to wash it out but my eye is red and sore now.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2023, 10:10 pm

Had to send one of the dogs to the vet for treatment of his fur loss (his litter-mates have no such problem), which is not unusual for long-haired dogs in tropical environments.  This one, however, is having some kind of allergic reaction to flea and/or tick bites, and may require ongoing treatment.

:(

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Mrs.Gone
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Sep 2023, 11:09 pm

The bullying. It’s killing me.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2023, 8:15 am

I need money to get my brakes done. :(

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う