Post something that made you UNHAPPY today.

Page 1682 of 2001 [ 32003 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1679, 1680, 1681, 1682, 1683, 1684, 1685 ... 2001  Next

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2022, 9:02 am

Just the usual

ailments of beloved, witnessing that pain, the memories of the flashes, the memories of the cries, the physical pain that crashes your brain and brings the tears.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2022, 9:42 am

Really bad anxiety last night. It made me get sick to my stomach.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2022, 4:34 pm

Anxiety

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2022, 9:59 am

Anxiety

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2022, 6:30 pm

Detroit Metro. Detroit Metro made me unhappy today. I've never had to drive into a large airport before to drop someone off and now that I have, I can say it is my idea of hell on earth. There are all these signs everywhere, on the ground, in the air, all pointing in every direction possible and nothing but on and off ramps and people parking where they shouldn't, and nothing makes sense. It's as though the people who designed the whole thing had a meeting and the boss said, "How can we make this as much of a nightmare-ish clusterf**k as humanly possible. Go!" And then a squad of city planners all began to brainstorm what never works anywhere and they tossed the chaotic mess onto the table and the boss said, "This is good. This is our new airport." Detroit Metro can go to hell. I'm never going back there. It's not an airport. It's a stupid mess of highway pretending to be an airport. Forget that place...grumble grumble...

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2022, 6:34 pm

FleaOfTheChill wrote:
Detroit Metro. Detroit Metro made me unhappy today. I've never had to drive into a large airport before to drop someone off and now that I have, I can say it is my idea of hell on earth. There are all these signs everywhere, on the ground, in the air, all pointing in every direction possible and nothing but on and off ramps and people parking where they shouldn't, and nothing makes sense. It's as though the people who designed the whole thing had a meeting and the boss said, "How can we make this as much of a nightmare-ish clusterf**k as humanly possible. Go!" And then a squad of city planners all began to brainstorm what never works anywhere and they tossed the chaotic mess onto the table and the boss said, "This is good. This is our new airport." Detroit Metro can go to hell. I'm never going back there. It's not an airport. It's a stupid mess of highway pretending to be an airport. Forget that place...grumble grumble...

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2022, 7:07 pm

^ :lol: Really though. Maybe Detroit was jealous of the review and felt the need to up their game? Instead of making the terminals worse they simply decided to make getting to the terminals the nightmare and installed signs like this everywhere...

Meh. Travel is stressful enough as it is... I'm just glad I'm home now.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2022, 7:31 pm

Amateur Radio club members who determine your worth by the monetary value of your equipment.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2022, 10:36 pm

cecilfienkelstien wrote:

:( I hope you're feeling better now, cecil

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2022, 10:53 pm

AprilR wrote:
Stupid ignorant and arrogant people who think they know all about people's coping mechanisms and psychology.

And never ever face their own shortcomings. If those "unhealthy coping mechanisms" didn't exist so many people have already commited suicide long ago. God forbid people do something that provides them a little escapism from their awful reality.

Everyone has their own life perspective.

Cancelling anyone, as either an anti-woke or woke person is contrary to the good of humanity on a societal scale, because each side resides in their own side because of reasons that make sense to themselves and many of the reasons are based on a lack of education in certain areas, specific beliefs, socioeconomic circumstances & so on.

So yeah, don't cancel anyone, ever. It's a dangerous activity.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2022, 7:01 am

Life would be that one. Some of that makes me feel sick too. Just a nameless nobody though, like with the rest of them that got chosen for some unknown reason to meet now and again at the ring of chairs to share their life stories, never to see one another again as they pass through the front doors. Different chosen each time, but the same stories.

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2022, 8:24 am

blitzkrieg wrote:
AprilR wrote:
Stupid ignorant and arrogant people who think they know all about people's coping mechanisms and psychology.

And never ever face their own shortcomings. If those "unhealthy coping mechanisms" didn't exist so many people have already commited suicide long ago. God forbid people do something that provides them a little escapism from their awful reality.

Everyone has their own life perspective.

Cancelling anyone, as either an anti-woke or woke person is contrary to the good of humanity on a societal scale, because each side resides in their own side because of reasons that make sense to themselves and many of the reasons are based on a lack of education in certain areas, specific beliefs, socioeconomic circumstances & so on.

So yeah, don't cancel anyone, ever. It's a dangerous activity.

Who is talking about cancelling or being "woke"?

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2022, 9:57 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
cecilfienkelstien wrote:

:( I hope you're feeling better now, cecil

Thanks! I am feeling better. I slept really well last night.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2022, 10:59 am

Freezing rain last night.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2022, 11:06 am

AprilR wrote:

Coping mechanisms, (maladaptive or healthy,) habits, addictions, escapism of all kinds, you'd have to be inhuman to be impervious to these things. Dopamine. Our brains pathways are all wired more or less the same.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2022, 11:21 am

I wasn't talking about canceling anyone, its not even a thing where i live.

I was talking about ignorant people who make ridiculous assumptions like "video games make people violent" and " reading fantasy/sci fi stuff makes people confuse reality with fantasy."