Post something that made you UNHAPPY today.

Page 1563 of 2001 [ 32002 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1560, 1561, 1562, 1563, 1564, 1565, 1566 ... 2001  Next

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2021, 10:04 am

My 82 yo mother is causing me a lot of stress. I'm pulled two directions with responsibilities as a mother, and as a daughter.

I heard it's called "the sandwich generation". I don't have enough spoons for my own life or my own function, but my mother causes a lot of anxiety for me. She's getting increasingly unpredictable between her demanding personality, her cancer, her surgical needs, her loneliness / neediness in Covid, her alcoholism, and her budding dementia. I go mute when I'm with her, so it's very difficult to self-advocate or navigate through our relationship.

I love her but it makes me feel incredible guilt to always have this tension.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2021, 1:31 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
My 82 yo mother is causing me a lot of stress. I'm pulled two directions with responsibilities as a mother, and as a daughter.

I heard it's called "the sandwich generation". I don't have enough spoons for my own life or my own function, but my mother causes a lot of anxiety for me. She's getting increasingly unpredictable between her demanding personality, her cancer, her surgical needs, her loneliness / neediness in Covid, her alcoholism, and her budding dementia. I go mute when I'm with her, so it's very difficult to self-advocate or navigate through our relationship.

I love her but it makes me feel incredible guilt to always have this tension.

I am sorry. It is tough enough to deal with cranky elderly people, and when you have autism to boot it must be double hard.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2021, 2:48 pm

Waiting around.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2021, 3:01 pm

Relatives.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2021, 5:36 pm

Being told off by an employee of my school's library just for using the computer lab.

:x

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2021, 8:29 am

Executive dysfunction.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2021, 8:31 am

Lack of sleep.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2021, 12:54 pm

Feeling nauseated because of my Strattera. I hope I feel less sick by the time we leave to go to the park.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2021, 2:15 pm

My parents are arguing so we're probably not going anywhere today. :(

Udinaas
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2021, 4:49 pm

Idiots not wearing masks properly. It's even stupider than not wearing a mask. How do they think masks work if they don't cover your nose? Are they some kind of magic totem?

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2021, 4:56 pm

Hurt my knee. Pretty much the only thing that is going right is my exercises, and now I've hurt my knee. Awesome.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2021, 5:29 pm

I always worry that people will think I’m deliberately not wearing my mask properly because I have trouble finding ones that don’t slide down my nose and require re-adjusting at least once every five minutes.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2021, 6:18 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
I always worry that people will think I’m deliberately not wearing my mask properly because I have trouble finding ones that don’t slide down my nose and require re-adjusting at least once every five minutes.

At least you have a nose. What about all those people who don't have a nose? How do they sneeze?

Actually, if one had just holes in the front of ones face instead of a nose and one sneezed making eye contact would be the last thing one wants to do with someone who has a cold...
Hooray for noses!

What if our noses were upsidown? If it rains we would drown!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2021, 8:35 pm

My mom complained again about me and my online class.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2021, 8:40 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:

I always feel stupid because I have to adjust my mask every few minutes and people aren't supposed to be touching their masks. A lot of masks are too big for me so they do the sliding thing...

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2021, 8:42 pm

TenMinutes wrote:
Hurt my knee. Pretty much the only thing that is going right is my exercises, and now I've hurt my knee. Awesome.

I'm sorry to hear that your knee is injured. :( I hope it isn't hurt too bad and that it heals quickly.