Post something that made you UNHAPPY today.

Page 1381 of 2001 [ 32003 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1378, 1379, 1380, 1381, 1382, 1383, 1384 ... 2001  Next

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2019, 7:11 pm

It is so frustrating to deal with people who don't accept this concept. I have a jar with 100 Jelly beans and 80 of them are red and the other 20 are other assorted colors. More then likely if I pick one blindfolded I'm going to pick a red one. This is based in the concept of probability and inductive reasoning.

I encounter a group of people through out my life who have certain attitudes and beliefs towards certain things including how life is and then claim a title for themselves. And, it's not just my enounter but other people's encounters as well and what this specific group's messages and platform is on various topics.

If I meet a specific person either IRL or online and they espouse similar attitudes and beliefs as that group one encounters it's not unreasonable to predict what that person will think and feel on specific topics and issues. It doesn't mean that what I will say will be definite and that person will fit 100% of the group's characteristics. But, they're more likely to fit a lot of the characteristics of the group.

It's so frustrating to that one is not allowed to predict certain truths and inductive reasoning is considered invalid since it seems to offend people's sensibilities.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2019, 7:14 pm

It's valid-----but it shouldn't be relied upon. Just because you're one of the 20 jellybeans doesn't mean you're a failure.

I'm one of the 20. I'm still one of the 20. But I'm doing okay.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2019, 7:35 pm

The 20% assorted colours could also include some red ones.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2019, 10:13 pm

My foot been hurting

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2019, 10:47 pm

It is also frustrating that there are people here and IRL to accept that life and reality is neither really absolute or relative but multifaceted. They can't accept that life can't be reduced to thou shalt nots or thou shalts.

Some people's attitude is you break the law you should suffer the consequences of your actions. These types never want to look at the circumstances surrounding the person and surrounding the law itself. These are the types who are quick to pass judgement without understanding the entire narrative and surrounding circumstances. And, even if a person should suffer the consequences then were there others involved who also made choices that led to that particular person to make his choices.

Every choice a person makes has a cumulative affect and it can possibly influence the choices others has or what they think they have. The people who I'm talking about, those (or at least some) who believe in a conservative philosophy, can't conceive or refuse to accept this.

This is what frustrates me when talking to conservatives that I've spoken to so far both online and IRL.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2019, 10:56 pm

Teach men not to rape. There are feminists who say this. This is my rant against anti-feminists. What feminists mean by this is to get rid of the surrounding circumstances that put men into positions where they're more likely to rape or sexually harass. This is what they are talking about.

What happens is victimized or something is done wrong against yourself the victim becomes the one to blame instead of the perp and/or the surrounding circumstances that led to the victim becoming a victim. I've had this happened to me before where I've had stuff stolen from me. I've had people tell me I should've guarded my stuff better. But, what if I did take all of the necessary precautions that I was told to take and then some and I still got stuff stolen from me?

So, was it my fault my stuff was stolen or was it the perps fault that he took it and was it completely his fault? Let's say he stole stuff to feed his drug addiction but why do people get on drugs in the first place. What are the circumstances that lead to a person going on drugs. None of this is ever examined or discussed in front street. It's my fault my stuff was stolen more so then it was the person's fault he stole from me. And, that's all there is to it. It's that simple. Everyone has choices. But do we really? What are the extents to our choices? None of this is ever discussed at length in front street.

It is frustrating to live in a world that hates any kind of intellectualism.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2019, 11:12 pm

Moderators and how they interpret the wrongplanet rules and their refusal to explain their interpretation of said rules. I've broken some of the rules in the past. A good moderator not only enforces the rules but explains how one broke it and how they interpret it. They're willing to discuss it as well. They also apply the rules and their interpretation of said rules to anyone who breaks it in a consistent manner. No one plays favorites. Basically, they want one to have a pleasant experience on Wrongplanet.

I've dealt with mods (both men and women) who took time to explain things to me and break it down. I realized where I was wrong, apologize and move on. One can't own up to mistakes if one doesn't understand how something was a mistake in the first place and it becomes that much more difficult if others won't explain anything. This is another issue I take with conservatives.

Own up to your mistakes.

How? What was my mistake?

*silence*

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2019, 10:20 am

Mother's anxiety which makes me anxious.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2019, 10:25 am

rain.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2019, 2:09 pm

I keep waking up in the middle of the night, I went to bed at 10:45 last night. When I was up, I heard my cat crying in her sleep, she was having a bad dream, she was sleeping in her cat tree, I talked to her, when she saw me, she jumped off her cat tree & came on the couch with me, she let me hug her & kiss her, she let me hug her for a few minutes.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2019, 7:17 pm

Scientists, skeptics, etc who believe they're above the human condition. No human being is perfect. People can be lazy. They can be greedy. People can have their own agendas. And, they can falsify data. And scientists can use denial as a coping mechanism for instead of accepting something as true. In other words, the issue is not with science or the scientific method but the human person doing them.

I do understand where they're coming from with conspiracy theories but is it ever plausible for the whole of the scientific establishment be a part of a conspiracy. Maybe they're promised favors. Maybe there is blackmail going on. Can scientists go in a certain direction and maybe falsify data here and there so nothing untold happens to them? What is a legitimate solution for something like this? How would one prove something to the establishment if the establishment itself is corrupt?

What gets me is that scientists, skeptics seem to think think they're above this all when they're human as the rest of us.

They live inside of a rigid box they refuse to think outside of or simply bend the outer edges. It's frustrating to deal with some of them on here.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 9:19 am

Vet appointment for my boy

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 9:35 am

A street person sleeping near the door of a restaurant.  He looked dead.  I managed to wake him and ask him if he was okay.  After he told me off, I dropped a Jackson for him and went inside.  He was gone when I came back out.  I hope he's okay.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 11:47 am

Warrior moms

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 3:34 pm

Lots of prep work for dinner cooking in ten minutes.

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 8:04 pm

My insanely picky eater of a kitten has bone development issues :(