Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

WhiteWidow
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2011, 10:38 am

Article link

The article outlines the difficulties Keith experienced/experiences with Mick. A lot of it sounds like aspie traits to me.

He also reveals that he believes his fellow Rolling Stone can be 'possessive'.
He writes: 'I've no doubt, in retrospect, that Mick was very jealous of me having other male friends.'
He goes on to say: 'Maybe his exclusivity is bound up with his own siege mentality. Or maybe he thinks he's trying to protect me: "What does that a****** want from Keith?"
'But quite honestly, I can't put my finger on it.'
Richards does concede, however: 'Because I love the man dearly; I'm still his mate. But he makes it very difficult to be his friend.'

Marcia
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2011, 10:52 am

No.

JasperIan
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Dec 2011, 10:53 am

They've known each other for a long time and have a really close bond. This kind of reminds me of Mick Jagger's "Dancing in the Street" music video with David Bowie where they look close enough to kiss.

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2011, 12:37 pm

I saw nothing in the daily mail article to suggest that he is an aspie.

Beware that a cottage industry exists in trying to suggest that everyone who is great or at the top of their profession is an aspie. This "cottage industry" is not good for us and is frankly spouting some nonsense at times.

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

Sparx
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2011, 12:43 pm

No. He's just human. You don't have to be an Aspie to be jealous, protective and difficult.

safffron
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Dec 2011, 1:53 pm

The best stuff in that memoir is how Keith lovingly talks about MUSIC. But some journalist needed to brew a "scandal" by fishing around for some random quotes that sound controversial, but really aren't.

Mick an aspie? No way. He has a genius and obviously some human foibles.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2011, 3:59 pm

Quote:
He also reveals that he believes his fellow Rolling Stone can be 'possessive'.

He writes: 'I've no doubt, in retrospect, that Mick was very jealous of me having other male friends.'

He goes on to say: 'Maybe his exclusivity is bound up with his own siege mentality. Or maybe he thinks he's trying to protect me: "What does that a****** want from Keith?"

'But quite honestly, I can't put my finger on it.'

Maybe.

Some Aspies do have the trait of one special friend and not really understanding why the special friend doesn't understand this and needs anyone else.

And classic for Aspie is the hard to "put my finger on it" (as well as classic for a number of other things, sure)

=================

My standard approach is:

'A creative individual, marches to his own drummer [pun not intended!]. Might be Aspie and might not, and either way is perfectly okay.'

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

24 Dec 2011, 8:10 pm

[Moved from Art, Writing, and Music to Random Discussion]

Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2011, 4:08 am

every individual to ever exist on any level of fame has been declared autistic at one point or another by members of this forum

Guybrush_Threepwood
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2011, 12:32 pm

I swear Kurt Cobain was. Watched the doco "About a Son" and now I am convinced, in my completely ignorant and unqualified opinion, that Kurt was an Aspie. Oh Kurt, why did you go?! -sob-

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2012, 7:22 am

Mick? Really? He's the last person I could think of as Aspie, personally.

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2012, 7:24 am

High life as a Rolling Stone: Keith Richards reveals all about drugs, sex... and legendary lover Mick Jagger's 'tiny' manhood - hahaha, if you take it out of context, they sound like a couple. :P

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2012, 7:27 am

The 66-year-old reveals his nicknames for Jagger are 'Brenda' and 'Your Majesty'.
- OMFG, it gets better.

Burzum
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2012, 7:42 am

886 wrote:
every individual to ever exist on any level of fame has been declared autistic at one point or another by members of this forum

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2012, 7:53 am

^ Heh.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2012, 7:55 am

886 wrote:

Really. Everyone has at least one personality trait that could be construed as aspie like, at least to a degree. People take that one trait and run with it. It's a spectrum after all.