Page 3 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

What is the status of your wisdom teeth?
Haven't come in yet 7%  7%  [ 4 ]
Were removed 54%  54%  [ 31 ]
I still have them 39%  39%  [ 22 ]
Total votes : 57

RaceDrv709
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2012, 5:50 pm

I had mine removed last summer. I was stoned off my donkey on the Vicodin and high as a kite on the gas.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2012, 9:29 pm

Do not have a dentist remove them,use an oral surgeon.I had a broke one removed by a dentist,it was a bad experience.Got a new dentist,had another wisdom tooth that got a cavity in it.My dentist will not remove them,if they pull a lower one and botch the job it can damage the nerve that runs along the lower jaw.
He referred me to a great oral surgeon,he was able to pull it and it was not bad at all.
They did all four of my sons in an hour,his were surgically removed.They knocked him out but I opted to be awake.I have two left,one will need to be removed it is crooked but one has not come down yet.
The folklore around here is that when the last one comes in half your life is over.Since I'm almost 50 I hope that's true,I'll make it to a 100 easy.

japan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Nov 2012, 11:48 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I had my swsdom teeth taken out when I was 18. I was in heaven the three days after I had them removed because I was on pain killers. The morning that I had to go back to school, I had this massive headache and I really didn't want to go back for different reasons.

Love the painkillers...I didn't like going back to school either. If I remember correctly I also had 5 wisdom teeth...

MrStewart
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2012, 11:49 pm

RaceDrv709 wrote:
I had mine removed last summer. I was stoned off my donkey on the Vicodin and high as a kite on the gas.

ha! :o I would go to the dentist if it meant I got to have a scrip for Vicodin.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2012, 1:30 am

I had all 4 of mine removed when I was 19. It wasn't too unpleasant of an experience - when I got home, I slept for several days and only woke up to use the restroom, take care of my teeth, take my (unrelated) medication, and eat a little. Believe it or not, I didn't even need to use any painkillers.

ColdEyesWarmHeart
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Nov 2012, 5:31 am

Misslizard wrote:
The folklore around here is that when the last one comes in half your life is over.Since I'm almost 50 I hope that's true,I'll make it to a 100 easy.

Noooo! I was 27 when my last one came in. Mind you, I have had six so maybe I'll get another painful surprise later in life.

I wonder if the folklore comes from the days when life expectancy was quite short anyway?

Orr
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2012, 7:41 am

My first came through when I was 35, and was removed due to compaction. The other three have not emerged yet.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2012, 10:43 am

ColdEyesWarmHeart wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Noooo! I was 27 when my last one came in. Mind you, I have had six so maybe I'll get another painful surprise later in life.

I wonder if the folklore comes from the days when life expectancy was quite short anyway?

Most likely,and since dental care was non existent they would also be short on teeth.They were probably glad when they came in so they could chew again.Plus if they had lost teeth there would be room for them.My problem is they are crowded.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2012, 10:55 am

i never dine on wisdom so my wisdom teeth are always in reserve. i have not yet eaten a brain, so i have not yet digested a thought that came from another mind than mine whether wise or foolish.

i never have had problems with my teeth. all my teeth are healthy and well placed in my mouth.

littlelily613
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2012, 10:52 pm

ColdEyesWarmHeart wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

I hope this folklore IS lore, since mine were grown in when I was still a teenager. Don't feel like dying in less than a decade....

EQ=8 SQ=93 (Extreme Systemizer)
Alexithymia Quiz=164/185 (high)

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2012, 2:04 am

littlelily613 wrote:
ColdEyesWarmHeart wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

I hope this folklore IS lore, since mine were grown in when I was still a teenager. Don't feel like dying in less than a decade....

Same here! 8O

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2012, 12:25 pm

I got another one pulled out today - it's painful and I just took a pill - I couldn't even keep my tooth, as the surgeon doesn't allow his patients keep their teeth :x And it was such a cute looking white tooth :(

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2013, 11:35 am

I got my last one remaining removed the other day :D I had read a lot about folks getting complications afterwards but this time nothing wrong happened to me, this time was even easier. I don't need any painkillers at all. It's healing up well. My cousin had a dry socket when she got her tooth removed some years ago but I don't think anything wrong is going to happen to me - I'm not swollen, I don't feel pain, blood isn't seeping out of the socket.

stardraigh
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2013, 12:52 pm

I had five wisdom teeth, and have had them all removed when I was 23.

I know a woman who had 12 wisdom teeth that never grew past buds and were never removed.

The father of a friend had his wisdom teeth removed, and then they grew back, and he had them removed again. This was because he was in the military.

Wisdom Teeth are weird.

My Blog
Deviantart Page

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2013, 11:01 am

I have a dry socket now :x

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

28 Nov 2013, 12:10 pm

[quote="equestriatola"]Had mine removed in August 2006; I was pretty much incapacitated for several days after the surgery. Really unpleasant....[/quote

To be honest, I feel much better without them.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."