Page 229 of 279 [ 4462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232 ... 279  Next

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2022, 2:26 pm

^no idea why anybody wants you to leave.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

10 Dec 2022, 3:46 pm

r00tb33r wrote:
^ No, but likely related to a certain skunk.

Not so much miss, but I hope some of the banned members are doing better. Repeating the same thing over and over again wasn't doing them any good.

Some day it will be time for me to go as well. I have a good idea when that will be.
I know y'all can't wait. :lol:
I also hope the banned 1s are doing better. A lot of them were dealing with some heavy $hit which contributed to or caused a lot of their problematic behavior. I've been there myself in the past & had lots of problems on other forums. I unintentionally upset a lot of people :( I've had problems on here as well during my 1st couple years partly due to depression & anger about being single. I'm kinda surprised I never got in any major trouble like a ban or being threatened with one. I've tried to learn & do better which was a lot easier after I got in a relationship. Hopefully I don't upset many members these days but I'm also aware that it's impossible not to sometimes due to their issues & triggers.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2022, 3:47 pm

r00tb33r wrote:

Not so much miss, but I hope some of the banned members are doing better. Repeating the same thing over and over again wasn't doing them any good.

Some day it will be time for me to go as well. I have a good idea when that will be.

I hope you stay.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2022, 3:48 pm

I'm glad Joe90 is back. I was really missing her.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2022, 3:50 pm

MaxE wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Diverse4Me
Dillogic
Rollyyyyyy
Funeral X --- I like sparring with him.

I have seen Funeral X post the odd time recently. I guess he is not as active anymore?

Actually they haven't posted since some time in October. And I don't think they gave any reason for abruptly disappearing.

Personally I miss SkinnedWolf. They also stopped posting abruptly, and I am worried about them as they live in China and some seriously nasty s**t has been going on there recently, so one's imagination runs wild. I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned them, but I do miss them, they were very smart and had their head on straight.

Interestingly there seems to have been some sort of connection between funeralxempire and SkinnedWolf but I don't think it's connected to why they both disappeared.

Oh, perhaps I saw an older thread bumped with FuneralX in the thread and mistakenly thought it was a recent post?

Interesting.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2022, 3:51 pm

r00tb33r wrote:

We like you here, r00tb33r. :)

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2022, 4:29 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:

Thank you. I know a few people here hate me and think I'm a bad person but I know most like me. I don't try to be hateful, just my views and impulsivity to get them out there gets the better of me sometimes.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

10 Dec 2022, 6:47 pm

Joe90 wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:

Thank you. I know a few people here hate me and think I'm a bad person but I know most like me. I don't try to be hateful, just my views and impulsivity to get them out there gets the better of me sometimes.
I understand that. I know 1st hand that learning to bite your tongue so to speak can be difficult sometimes. I set a rule for myself that I'll wait at least a whole day before posting about something I'm upset by. I've planned out plenty of new threads & replies in my head or started typing that I've decided not to post after I went to bed & got a bit of sleep. After I've woken up, posting seemed like a waste of time & effort. Sometimes I'm discouraged & think nobody will care or bother to take my opinion or perspective seriously :shrug: I occasionally break my rule but it's seldom these days.

BTW I'm glad your back Joe & hope your doing a bit better.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2022, 7:04 pm

nick007 wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:

I understand that. I know 1st hand that learning to bite your tongue so to speak can be difficult sometimes. I set a rule for myself that I'll wait at least a whole day before posting about something I'm upset by. I've planned out plenty of new threads & replies in my head or started typing that I've decided not to post after I went to bed & got a bit of sleep. After I've woken up, posting seemed like a waste of time & effort. Sometimes I'm discouraged & think nobody will care or bother to take my opinion or perspective seriously :shrug: I occasionally break my rule but it's seldom these days.

I am glad to be back. I was missing posting on here. I begged to be temporarily banned for 2 months but halfway through the ban I started having regrets. I tried other forums but they just weren't the same and were even more inactive than this one (this site is very active, just not always in the sections I post in, except for random discussion but most of the threads there bore me if the purpose of the thread is to only type one word and not have a discussion).
I come here to discuss stuff or share my thoughts, not to play pointless games. I do all that on Facebook.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2022, 7:13 pm

Joe90 wrote:
nick007 wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:

I am glad to be back. I was missing posting on here. I begged to be temporarily banned for 2 months but halfway through the ban I started having regrets. I tried other forums but they just weren't the same and were even more inactive than this one (this site is very active, just not always in the sections I post in, except for random discussion but most of the threads there bore me if the purpose of the thread is to only type one word and not have a discussion).
I come here to discuss stuff or share my thoughts, not to play pointless games. I do all that on Facebook.

I find this forum to be one of the better ones nowadays. It used to be that years ago, forums could be incredibly active, but since the popularity of Reddit has grown to disproportionate levels & social media gobbling people's time up, forums are often dead compared to what they used to be, 10 or 15 years ago.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2022, 7:27 pm

I went on Reddit recently, and was disappointed that my posts didn't generate much response. WP seems like a much better bet - unless one tries to discuss Windows 8.1 in the Computing Forum, lol.

:lol:

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2022, 7:36 pm

DeepHour wrote:
I went on Reddit recently, and was disappointed that my posts didn't generate much response. WP seems like a much better bet - unless one tries to discuss Windows 8.1 in the Computing Forum, lol.

:lol:

I bet you get all excited about people responding to you on tug of war. :P

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2022, 7:36 pm

Funeral X was one of the few people here who challenged racist attitudes really well.

I do hope both funeral X and SkinnedWolf are ok.

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2022, 8:05 pm

Was going to post about someone I missed, but turns out they're alive and kicking in a part of the forum I rarely visit!

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2022, 6:17 pm

Munstead - a poster who always had something interesting to say, but seems to have left the site last June after disagreeing with one of the moderators. I hope he'll return sometime.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2022, 6:20 pm

Soliloquist :heart: