Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2011, 11:57 am

MONKEY wrote:
Henbane wrote:
rabbitears wrote:
OH GOD I posted using rabbit's account again

Reading that post was a bit surreal.

I kept checking to make sure it was teh Rabbit making the post, and thinking how much he had become like MONKEY.

I'm always doing that, I did it on facebook today posting pictures on his wall thinking I was on my account, even though I'm on his laptop.

I LIKE THE FLIPPIN' PARASAUROLOPHUS!

Parasaurolophuscolobus. Parasaurcolobus. Colobusaurolophus.
....And Nunchucks are my friends.

Dragonfly92
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Aug 2011, 12:31 pm

I was really obsessed with animals before i got into all the nerdy thing like video games and anime. Having said that, i'm still intrested in animals which is why i go to a farm college.

Zen
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2011, 12:36 pm

mightyzebra wrote:
Lightning88 wrote:
There's TONS of people on here that are into cats in particular.

Intriguing... Why is it that so many people are into cats rather than other animals?

It's the mind-controlling properties of toxoplasmosis. :lol:

Ninox75
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 Nov 2013, 4:04 am

Animal obsessions are uncommon but not unusual in aspies in my experience Usually it is a focus on one type of animal (such as big cats) or an aspect of an animal (such as birds eggs or Dinosaurs of the Jurassic age). Mine started with Dinosaurs at age 2 and progressed to Whales and Birds especially Owls and Nightjars (which is my biggest obsession). I collect ornamental Owls (my room is cluttered with them) and bird guide books and recordings of bird calls.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

12 Nov 2013, 6:58 pm

I like animals but I don't remember being obsessed with them but maybe I was when I was very little. I never had any interest in maths, physics or cars or an obsession with dinosaurs, & I prefer dogs to cats thou I like cats.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2013, 7:43 pm

Two of my special interests are cetacea (dolphins, whales, etc) and corvidae (crows, ravens). When I was a little kid, I was pretty into dogs-and elephants, I think cuz of Dumbo. I remember being a tiny kid and my parents, grandparents, aunt, and her friend were all at a Renaissance Festival, and I was being pushed around in my stroller and was pretty cranky (prob from too much stimulation, needing a nap, that sort of thing) but then we found a guy who was offering rides on the back of a baby elephant, and my face just lit up. I remember being sort of surprised that the baby elephant at least a few inches taller than my dad (in other words, he was BIG, at least to me he was), and was covered in fuzz, bcuz Dumbo (who was one of my first "character obsessions" along with the Pooh and Lion King characters) was a baby elephant and on TV he looked completely bald and only about as big as a medium-sized plushie. :lol:

So, my parents put me on the back of the baby elephant for a few minutes (I don't think we actually moved, I just sat on his back and fangirled over getting to meet a "real Dumbo") and then had to pry me off and take our leave while explaining to me that no, "Dumbo" was not coming home with us, lol. :lol: Still, that was probably one of the most exciting moments of my early childhood. :D

Raccoons and otters are really cute, too. :)

When Finding Nemo came out, I became interested in fish, especially blue tangs - the kind of fish "Dory" was. Whenever I went to an aquarium with my folks, and they had the obligatory "Nemo - themed" fish tank (with clownfish, regal blue tangs, yellow tangs, Moorish Idols, puffer fish, etc) I would get really excited, point to a regal blue tang, and say, "Look, It's Dory! It's Dory!" and would try to get one to notice me. My favorite types of fish are bettas and regal blue tangs - "Dory" fish, as I call them. :D

....I'm also interested in Wild Things (as in Where the Wild Things Are) but I don't they've been widely recognized in the animal kingdom - at least not yet. :lol:

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2013, 11:17 pm

Lizards,I have a tokay gecko,leopard gecko,Iguana,and a ball python,African clawed frog,Korean fire belly toad and some fish.Then there are some Japanese bantams,a bunny rabbit and a Welsh Corgi.
I love wild animals and feed the birds.

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2013, 3:52 pm

I've always had an obsession with cats. Not only do I one one, but I collect ornamental cats and read books about cats that I either buy or borrow from the library. Every housecat that I encountered in my life, I almost always remember their name.

I like other animals, too, such as rabbits, birds, squirrels, chipmunks, hamsters, lemurs, kangaroos, and some dogs. I also enjoy going to the zoo to see all the animals.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2013, 4:03 pm

Ever since I was a kid I was scared of dogs. I'm older now but that fear hasn't changed. They still make me nervous.

There's a cat that stays over here from time to time. I feed her and she sleeps here. She's kind of fun to have around.

I used to own a rabbit for about 2 years. She was fun too but pooped all over the place and chewed everything in sight.

Like LtPinkCoupe I also have a fascination with black crows. I can just watch documentaries and read up about them all day. They're so smart.

One negative thing about me and animals, if you can call it that, is I have a taste for the exotic. I've eaten ostrich, buffalo, alligator, iguana, sea cucumber and willing to try others like whale, geoduck, nutria, geese, zebra and kangaroo.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2013, 10:28 pm

^^^I really like crows also,they come and eat birdseed and bread here.They are really smart,they know when I'm going to put out the food.Once I saw one snap off a dead twig and use it to pry up bark to look for bugs.The babies are funny sounding,they can't caw properly.