Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

johnsmcjohn
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 6:36 am

On a lark I decided to walk home this evening barefoot. And it was amazing. It was an experience unlike any I've had in recent memory. I didn't realize that the pavement was still warm even 8 hours after sunset. And I'd forgotten how surreal it is to walk through wet grass without shoes on. I felt like I was experiencing my journey in a whole new way. Have you ever tried walking barefoot in the city? If not I'd recommend it(just watch where you're going. Glass and other hazards are much worse for you barefoot than wearing shoes.)

Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 9:41 am

First thing I thought of was the time I stepped on a bee.

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 3:29 pm

I do that in my neighborhood, but I hate when my feet get all dry and black from the streets. Have you ever laid down on cement? I feel the warmth of the pavement against my soft cheeks and humid air whispering over my head is one of the best feelings ever! :D :D :D :D

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

22 Aug 2011, 3:46 pm

94% of the time I don't wear shoes. The other 6% is pure hell to my feet.

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 3:57 pm

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
94% of the time I don't wear shoes. The other 6% is pure hell to my feet.

Flippy-flops are nice, yes, they are good. Flip-flops help my feet to be understood. :P

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 4:54 pm

I go barefoot whenever I can. I have walked barefoot in a city before, but it's not something I'd recommend. I don't mind walking over rocks and spiky plants but broken glass and worse, no thanks! Plus, of course, people stare, and some people consider it an incentive to be nasty to you. :?

The year is still young.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 4:59 pm

I walk barefoot sometimes in the city. Usually, it's when I've been wearing flip flops or some girly shoes that require no socks. (don't do tights or equivalent)

zeldafan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 5:02 pm

i love to go barefoot. almost all the time im barefoot. just not in a cretin room.

FearOfMusic
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2011, 10:35 am

I love going barefoot, though I don't go barefoot around town. I tend to be barefoot when I am just outside in my neighborhood or hiking. If your like me and tend to walk on your toes then going barefoot isn't too bad... you really don't want to walk heel to toe barefoot anyway. The only time I find it unpleasant is when I step on something sharp with the middle, soft part of my foot. Overtime I think your feet sort of toughen up to the experience and become more resilient and it doesn't hurt when you step on sharp things.

One of my favorite things is walking over moss. It has such a wonderful texture to it, it is like walking on felt or something.

Tayribeiro
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Aug 2011, 12:50 pm

I love walking barefoot, but only at home, cause its clean.

JPanzer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2011, 1:44 pm

I love going barefoot but owing to the state of the pavements and the polarisation of the weather here its best to just wear shoes. I used to walk through the woods on the way to and from school barefoot; walking through during or just after rain gives a lovely feeling as well. And moss does have a very lovely, springy texture.

Sitting in some tree branches barefoot reading a book, listening to the light pitter-patter of rain... One of the best days bunking off school ever.

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2011, 2:21 pm

JPanzer wrote:
Sitting in some tree branches barefoot reading a book, listening to the light pitter-patter of rain... One of the best days bunking off school ever.

I am about to die of jealousy, that sounds AMAZING, aughhhh, I wanna go up to school and feel the rain now! Sucks being in a desert! :x

dopplercb
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Aug 2011, 3:57 pm

I haven't walked barefoot since I was a child. I have no desire to, either.

ATwistedLogic
Raven
Raven

08 Apr 2012, 10:49 pm

I LOVE being barefoot I'd go barefoot all the time if I could :D

Last edited by ATwistedLogic on 10 Apr 2012, 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nier
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Apr 2012, 2:01 am

I usually don't like the feeling of dirt, grit and cold. I get cold hands and feet, even in Summer (well, UK version of Summer, rain of a different temperature!).

If i'm somewhere hot then it's easier to do, though dusty feet still feel odd.

It can feel wonderful though, the feeling of grass pulled between the toes, digging into the ground, anytime at the seaside - waves, sand, pebbles (if they don't do Vulcan nerve pinch maneouvres on my arches), the warmth of stone and ground. It does seem to connect me more than usual. Then it's indoors to wash feet :D

Nim
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2012, 2:40 am

I once wore nothing but a pair of flip flops and old school wool pants (that tie and are open down the legs on both sides), to an event in the middle of the woods (I wore a shirt also but wool is hot). It so happened the ground was covered with "devils thorn bush" I believe its called. It killed the flip flops, and the strands of thorns flew in between my toes and cut them multiple times...

I had to walk almost a mile basically getting strands of thorns between my toes/they would stop my foot because they don't break.

But yes, barefoot is a interesting sensory experience.