Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2007, 4:46 am

My grades from this semester have just come in.

Contemporary creative writing: C
North Indian Music: C
Major Study 8 (composition): HD
Australian Music: C
Orchestral Literature: D
Term GPA: 5.700

(translation: C= Credit, D= Distinction, HD= High Distinction. GPAs range between 0 and 7.)

This means that I will be eligible to graduate and be awarded a Bachelor of Music in Composition at the ceremony on the 15th of December this year.

:D :D :D

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2007, 4:51 am

Booya! 3 Credits, a Distinction, and a High Distinction.

On sabbatical...

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2007, 6:34 am

Yep. :D
I checked, and this is the highest term GPA I've received.

Lonelybonesey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Nov 2007, 6:42 am

im sorry to sound swollen headed but its cause im proud this is my Nutrition and Dietetics Certificate 3 results:

8 pass (ungraded)

5 Cerdits

2 Distinctions

Lonelybonesey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Nov 2007, 6:44 am

Congrats on your acheivements

SleepyDragon
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2007, 7:01 am

Well done, Who_Am_I! :cheers:

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2007, 6:34 pm

Lonelybonesey wrote:
im sorry to sound swollen headed but its cause im proud this is my Nutrition and Dietetics Certificate 3 results:

8 pass (ungraded)

5 Cerdits

2 Distinctions

Well done! :)

Thanks to those who've offered their congratulations.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2007, 6:39 pm

Hello Rachel

Your graduation status is Approved

Congratulations on successfully completing your studies. You are now confirmed as a graduating student.

:D :D :D

(On the Griffith Portal today.)

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2011, 8:29 pm

Is this another rub our noses in it thread? It sure feels like it . no offense but that's the way it feels like to most of the failures here , how am |I supposed to respond to your thread? seeing all these sucessful people here is so dispiriting,

|I think I'll have to sign off for good .

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2011, 8:35 pm

This thread was from 2007. What is your problem?
I am not about to go skulking about hiding my achievements, which I worked damn hard for, just in case other people get butthurt about it.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2011, 8:50 pm

I'm teasing I felt like some attention. :D That's nice your so superior to everyone else , that 50 k +++ certificate proves it I suppose.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2011, 8:59 pm

*hits Aussiebloke with a ruler*

There's your attention, happy now? :P

I never said I was superior. I said "I have achieved this with much hard work", not "and you losers haven't", and no, the latter wasn't implied. If people are upset about my degree (I have a Master's now too), they could either get one of their own (you can get Government loans for the fees and everything!) or perhaps stop paying so much attention to what I do? I'm sure that focussing on what other people have that you don't, rather than working on your own life, can't be very helpful for anyone.

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2011, 9:01 pm

Funny how a whole title of a thread can be in British English.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2011, 9:22 pm

Sorry I have "issues" I've just spent a 1/3 of my life on disability due to superior people who have fancy degrees (Doctors,) and I was treated as a fool even when I correctly diagnosed my co morbid conditions (they would'nt have a bar of it) I was mocked actually, the uneducated outsmarting the smart :cheers: , my gp even shook my hand for correctly diagnosing myself,, anyway as long as you don't treat me like I'm beneath you we will get on just fine. :wink:

I'm about to do a write up on my experiences/medication I'm quite convinced some one else has it here , one member (aspie woman) who PM'd me via Aspergers girl You Tube has it, it makes you depressive, anxious and than some! it also causes skin break outs. You may have it (I think your depressive) it would be good if you did theirs no blind flying here unlike with anti depressants you have it or you don't (it's brain injury related) a simple blood test confirms if you have it. or not

I'm pleased your doing something you love :) , was it you I know it was somebody here who said "thank god for special interests" well I say "meh" and it's for the best my GP who's has unshaken optimism (yes his a conservative catholic) seems to think the world is my oyster , I say I doubt it who wants to hire some one who's recovered from tbi/spent the last 10 years on a DSP, no one the business community call this a "practical reality."

I do like that ruler spanking :P

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2011, 9:28 pm

How much did that bit of paper cost ? (seriously) I think we should bring back Gough their was a time when it was free! selfish baby boomers profited than decided it should be taken away, education should be free :)

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2011, 9:34 pm

Quote:
aussiebloke wrote:
Sorry I have "issues" I've just spent a 1/3 of my life on disability due to superior people who have fancy degrees (Doctors,) and I was treated as a fool even when I correctly diagnosed my co morbid conditions (they would'nt have a bar of it) I was mocked actually, the uneducated outsmarting the smart :cheers: , my gp even shook my hand for correctly diagnosing myself,, anyway as long as you don't treat me like I'm beneath you we will get on just fine. :wink:

I am sorry about your issues, but I didn't cause them, I've never mocked you, and I have AS too- it just happens to have spared my academic abilities.
And besides, my qualifications are in music, not medicine: I know they begin with the same letter, but it's medicine that gives people a licence to act like they think they're God. Supposedly. I have met decent doctors, though.
If it weren't for music/academics I'd probably be on disability, as it is I'm living with my parents well into my 20s; without them I'd be most likely homeless.

Quote:
I'm about to do a write up on my experiences/medication I'm quite convinced some one else has it here , one member (aspie woman) who PM'd me via Aspergers girl You Tube has it, it makes you depressive, anxious and than some! it also causes skin break outs. You may have it (I think your depressive) it would be good if you did theirs no blind flying here unlike with anti depressants you have it or you don't (it's brain injury related) a simple blood test confirms if you have it. or not

Have what?
I've been depressed, but I haven't been for a while now: still anxious though.

Quote:
I'm pleased your doing something you love :) , was it you I know it was somebody here who said "thank god for special interests" well I say "meh" and it's for the best my GP who's has unshaken optimism (yes his a conservative catholic) seems to think the world is my oyster , I say I doubt it who wants to hire some one who's recovered from tbi/spent the last 10 years on a DSP, no one the business community call this a "practical reality."

You say "meh" to everything though. What do people do all day without special interests? There's only so many times you can count your toes before it gets boring...
I don't have answers to employment; I'm having enough trouble with that myself, all I want is a regular entry-level job of the type that a trained monkey could do, and I'm getting knocked back from those due to "lack of experience".

Quote:
I do like that ruler spanking :P

*gets the sharp metal ruler*