What do you do that is not socially acceptable?

Page 1 of 7 [ 102 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

diniesaur
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2011, 11:08 pm

How am I socially unacceptable? Let me count the ways...
I pick my nose. I burp, I fart, I don't EVER shave my legs, I talk about leg hair to people, I talk about my imaginary penis, I talk about masturbating, I talk about my suicide attempt and all the crazy sh*t that went with it to random people, I tickle people whenever I want, I sleep with my stuffed animals and baby blankies at the age of 17 and I TELL people about it, I accidentally stare at people, I laugh whenever I think something is funny (even if it was in my own head and has nothing to do with anything that's going on at the moment), I have a meltdown whenever someone tries to MURDER a bug, I argue with people when they're wrong, and [deep breath] I tell people the truth when they ask if they're attractive.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2011, 11:38 pm

I blow my nose at the table when I'm in a restaurant.

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2011, 3:38 am

I stalk people. I dont follow them around or do anything blatantly obvious like that, but when I find someone interesting I find myself often checking their online stuff almost obsessively. In related news, I have now gone a few weeks without looking at my current crush's twitter, which he frequently updates.

This misdiagnosis caused me significant stress, which lessened upon finding out the truth about myself from my current and past long-term psychiatrists - that I am a highly sensitive person but do not have an autism spectrum disorder

My diagnoses - anxiety disorder, depression and traits of obsessive-compulsive disorder (all in remission).

I’m no longer involved with the ASD world.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2011, 3:44 am

diniesaur wrote:
How am I socially unacceptable? Let me count the ways...
I pick my nose. I burp, I fart, I don't EVER shave my legs, I talk about leg hair to people, I talk about my imaginary penis, I talk about masturbating, I talk about my suicide attempt and all the crazy sh*t that went with it to random people, I tickle people whenever I want, I sleep with my stuffed animals and baby blankies at the age of 17 and I TELL people about it, I accidentally stare at people, I laugh whenever I think something is funny (even if it was in my own head and has nothing to do with anything that's going on at the moment), I have a meltdown whenever someone tries to MURDER a bug, I argue with people when they're wrong, and [deep breath] I tell people the truth when they ask if they're attractive.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention in my own post that I also sleep with a teddy bear and laugh at my own thoughts.

Dingo7
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Sep 2011, 4:06 am

I swear a bit to much...

VMSmith
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2011, 8:35 am

in public? i sit with my legs appart, act like im in my own world, eat food picked from plants on the street or other peoples backyards, wear mens clothes, be myself, etc

dopplercb
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Sep 2011, 9:16 am

fart in public.

dopplercb
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Sep 2011, 9:22 am

I haven't shaved my armpits or legs in nearly 15 years.

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2011, 11:56 am

Sometimes don't brush my hair

Don't make my bed and have a hard time keeping my room clean (working on it though!)

I used to be really friendly to strangers :lol:

Can't think of any more right now, no wait...

I sign and sing in public! Oh my goodness! :roll:

Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2011, 11:59 am

I don't shave often.. I trim but that's all you'll get out of me :?

I stim... but god damnit all autistic people stim. My supervisior thought I was weird for tapping a sharpie on my chest.. 8O

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

05 Sep 2011, 12:05 pm

I don't deliberately do anything rude or socially unacceptable, but I can't figure out how to get into a conversation, and no matter how careful I am, later I'm often accused of having rudely butted in. Also I have no idea when someone is trying to get my attention, and often I get accused of rudely ignoring people.

Charles

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2011, 3:19 am

Like kx250rider said. Sylkat :(

Xayah
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Sep 2011, 6:35 am

I don't make eye contact, ever. I apparenlty don't have a wide range of facial expressions either. I interrupt people, I never ask them how they are. Also, I used to bite. Just for something to do, but too many people protested :oops:

The trials and tribulations of a girl pretending to be normal

deadinhead
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2011, 8:18 am

starting conversations then losing track of what I was saying and walking away.(when aparently the conversation is not finished) :oops:

COCONUT-MOON TURTLE!

krankes_hirn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Sep 2011, 11:51 am

My answer to most unnecesary social niceties is yes (-Have a nice day. -yes. Give my best to your family. -yes),

I almost never ask people how they are doing.

When I'm talking to someone and I fell bored I check mi cellphone's clock LITERALLY every minute.

I start ranting way to often.

I don't respect NT people who disrespect me for anything out of the norm I do. I call them ordinary, boring, or simpletons and that I don't see the point in talking to them if almost any other person is equally uninteresting.

If I don't like something, I just say it. (-Did you watch the last Harry Potter film? -Yeah, it was a huge waste of time, Harry Potter is stupid and useless and needs Dumbledore saving his sorry a** most of the time.)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2011, 11:54 am

I remain married to the woman that I love in spite of the fact that we are of obviously different ethnicities.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.